Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,623

Danny Green' 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=SESIOarJhc46v4aEEmVU_A
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 885

Re: Danny Green' 

Post#2 » by ijspeelman » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:33 pm

The return.

In his last three years, he has shot 39.5% on 3s at 7.7 attempts per 36. If he can still play defense, I assume he takes a chuck of Cedi’s minutes. In all honestly, I didn’t watch his three games with the Grizzlies and I didn’t pay much attention to him last year so idk how he’ll be off his injury.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,755

Post#3 » by toooskies » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:37 pm

Couple things:
- The 3 spot is crowded, Green will have to show that he is close to 100% to get minutes when it matters.
- Windler is even further from getting opportunities, if we can get a big man I could see Windler get waived for one.

Still a great pickup.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:35 pm

toooskies wrote:Couple things:
- The 3 spot is crowded, Green will have to show that he is close to 100% to get minutes when it matters.
- Windler is even further from getting opportunities, if we can get a big man I could see Windler get waived for one.

Still a great pickup.

Well, Danny is only 43 minutes ahead of Dylan in minutes played this season, but here's hoping someone can add some shooting and passable defense.
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#5 » by TheLand13 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:47 pm

Hmm, I don’t really think this will matter all that much for us.

I guess if he’s able to stay on the floor while playing good defense and he can still knock down threes, then I’m all for him taking Cedis spot in the rotation.

With all of that said, I would be shocked if he got any minutes at all tbh.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,441

Post#6 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:26 pm

Welcome back!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#7 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:34 am

Duplicate.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#8 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:13 pm

One guy at the Spanish forum said 'I guess his best days are over'.

I answered: 'Guess??'- You're too polite...

Anyway, he's a low risk bet.

If he can lean a hand here and there or even be (somehow) meaningful at PO, he's a bargain.

If he is a DNP-Coach Decision gun machine, sure he can yet do some good stuff at the locker room... then he'd be a bit expensive but still affordable

Probably he'll end up being something in the middle.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by toooskies » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:53 pm

Just like we didn't judge Rubio by his first three games back, we also need to take time with Green. Since his rehab was shorter than Rubio's despite tearing both his ACL and LCL, it's very possible that he started playing in games earlier in his rehab and won't be close to his full strength until we get closer to the playoffs.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:45 pm

toooskies wrote:Just like we didn't judge Rubio by his first three games back, we also need to take time with Green. Since his rehab was shorter than Rubio's despite tearing both his ACL and LCL, it's very possible that he started playing in games earlier in his rehab and won't be close to his full strength until we get closer to the playoffs.

Also possible our medical staff takes a look at him and shuts him down ...
toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by toooskies » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:10 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
toooskies wrote:Just like we didn't judge Rubio by his first three games back, we also need to take time with Green. Since his rehab was shorter than Rubio's despite tearing both his ACL and LCL, it's very possible that he started playing in games earlier in his rehab and won't be close to his full strength until we get closer to the playoffs.

Hopefully they do that eval before he actually signs the contract.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,623

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:30 pm

I felt like he had aged out of being a *good* starter in the last post season run with Philly. To my eye, he had lost a half step defensively pre-injury.

I can imagine a scenario where he's still a plus player off the bench if his shot is falling. He's still long and a lot of defense is technique. I can imagine other scenarios as well.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#13 » by JonFromVA » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:48 pm

toooskies wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Hopefully we don't waive the physical, but it just depends how far off he is and what we want from him.

If he needs at least a full year past his surgery to be playable, that's past the end of the season.

If he just needs a 2-4 weeks to get his legs under him so his jumper goes down, we can afford that.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#14 » by KuruptedCav » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:00 am

JonFromVA wrote:
toooskies wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Hopefully we don't waive the physical, but it just depends how far off he is and what we want from him.

If he needs at least a full year past his surgery to be playable, that's past the end of the season.

If he just needs a 2-4 weeks to get his legs under him so his jumper goes down, we can afford that.

Even if he’s not ready and not playable he’s still more valuable than He Who Shall Not Be Named on the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,888

Post#15 » by mcfly1204 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:47 am

Who will be the better cheerleader, Love or Green?
Well at least we're not Detroit!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#16 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:31 pm

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers