Read on Twitter
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Re: Brewers 2023 Discussion 

Post#62 » by M-C-G » Fri Nov 4, 2022 7:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Probably for the best. And probably means Burnes is gone and young guys get some burn in the bigs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,044

Post#63 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:19 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#64 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Nov 9, 2022 2:33 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nothing against Kolten, but I hope they trade him. It's time to see what we got in Turang.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,772

Post#65 » by DanoMac » Wed Nov 9, 2022 8:31 pm

What kind of return might we see for Burnes?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,295

Post#66 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 9, 2022 9:33 pm

DanoMac wrote:What kind of return might we see for Burnes?

I'd start with the O's and their top two prospects. Maybe with Arnold running the show we could stop wth the multiple bites approach and go after high end talent for once. That would mean SP Rodriguez and SS Holiday. The Brewers would probably have to add a win now piece like Urias to the deal.

But that's where I'd be looking.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm

Read on Twitter

This is weird. They're saving $2.25 million doing it, I think.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#69 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Goddamn... I've been expecting it and knowing it'll happen, but it's still really going to suck.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:42 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:Goddamn... I've been expecting it and knowing it'll happen, but it's still really going to suck.

I was thinking that today too. On one side I think trading him is the right move and I can always get behind a proper rebuild.

On the other he's the best Brewers pitcher of my lifetime and had a historically amazing season in Milwaukee. Gonna miss that.
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#71 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:Goddamn... I've been expecting it and knowing it'll happen, but it's still really going to suck.

I was thinking that today too. On one side I think trading him is the right move and I can always get behind a proper rebuild.

On the other he's the best Brewers pitcher of my lifetime and had a historically amazing season in Milwaukee. Gonna miss that.

Yeah, I agree. And I really hope when they trade him they commit to an actual rebuild trade, not this Hader half and half nonsense.

It's really a shame because, like you said, it's been amazing to watch him pitch, and he's been exactly what this team needs in order to actually win a World Series - absolutely dominant and incredibly cheap. It's like having a rookie QB at a pro bowl level and screwing up enough of the rest of your roster that you never have a chance at the Owl.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,131

Post#72 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:00 pm

So Stearns is "advising" the team that is thinking of trading their stud pitcher to the team Stearns is likely going to join. Include him in the Burnes deal if the Mets are where he's dealt.

Rebuilding will be interesting. SO many busts with baseball prospects. I'm hopeful that at least some of our minor league studs pan out. And the same with any we acquire for Burnes.

I hate being a small market team in a league with no cap. :x
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:11 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah, I agree. And I really hope when they trade him they commit to an actual rebuild trade, not this Hader half and half nonsense.

It's really a shame because, like you said, it's been amazing to watch him pitch, and he's been exactly what this team needs in order to actually win a World Series - absolutely dominant and incredibly cheap. It's like having a rookie QB at a pro bowl level and screwing up enough of the rest of your roster that you never have a chance at the Owl.

That's the big one for me. Like, it makes no sense to me to move Burnes but then sign Woody to a big long term deal. Unless we're getting a nice discount, it only makes sense to move him too. A half-ass rebuild is the last thing they should do.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#74 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:07 pm

Read on Twitter
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#75 » by LittleRooster » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:13 am

I may have missed it, but did Arnold talk about hiring someone on to be his assistant gm (or gm) whatever the title would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:34 pm

Passan:

For example, if teams desiring a frontline starting pitcher balk at the prices on deGrom, Verlander and Rodon? Certainly they'll inquire about Cleveland's Shane Bieber or Milwaukee's Corbin Burnes, both of whom are two years from free agency. The return, though, would be astronomical, and sources said neither the Guardians nor the Brewers will be discussing either with an intent to deal this winter.

Which teams could add to the list of available trade options by tearing it down?

The Angels are the obvious choice, with arguably the two best players in baseball in Ohtani and Mike Trout, but deals for both would be rife with complications -- including Trout's ability to block any trade with 10-and-5 rights (10 years in the big leagues, the last five with the same team). That said, if the Angels went that route, they could drastically accelerate a rebuild.

Of the teams with a number of desirable players, the Brewers are really the only other one that makes sense -- and two sources said they actually plan to add around Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Willy Adames and others this winter, via free agency, trades or both.

Huh.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#77 » by M-C-G » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:06 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Passan:

For example, if teams desiring a frontline starting pitcher balk at the prices on deGrom, Verlander and Rodon? Certainly they'll inquire about Cleveland's Shane Bieber or Milwaukee's Corbin Burnes, both of whom are two years from free agency. The return, though, would be astronomical, and sources said neither the Guardians nor the Brewers will be discussing either with an intent to deal this winter.

Which teams could add to the list of available trade options by tearing it down?

The Angels are the obvious choice, with arguably the two best players in baseball in Ohtani and Mike Trout, but deals for both would be rife with complications -- including Trout's ability to block any trade with 10-and-5 rights (10 years in the big leagues, the last five with the same team). That said, if the Angels went that route, they could drastically accelerate a rebuild.

Of the teams with a number of desirable players, the Brewers are really the only other one that makes sense -- and two sources said they actually plan to add around Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Willy Adames and others this winter, via free agency, trades or both.

Huh.

I am guessing this is posturing until I see otherwise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,193

Post#78 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Law might be right. New opening (somehow!) in Houston;

Click's departure will undoubtedly spark rumors around the hiring of David Stearns, who stepped down as the Milwaukee Brewers' president of baseball operations two weeks ago, triggering speculation that he could return to Houston, where he previously served as an assistant GM under Luhnow.

The Brewers have to get some kind of compensation here.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#80 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Let's hire Click.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers