ImageImageImageImageImage

emil brown

Moderator: HMFFL

kgarnett21
Starter
And1: 0

emil brown 

Post#1 » by kgarnett21 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:12 pm

... needs to learn to take a walk; his obp is simply awful. i know he's on pace for 120 RBI, but without runners on he's USELESS. his obp with the bases empty is a dismal .183, compared to .310 from kurt suzuki, who's probably considered one of the smaller bats in the lineup.

i don't when he became such a free swinger. for his career, his obp is about .064 higher than his batting average, which is normal, but this year it's only .027. i think he needs to stop letting those RBI's go to his head and realize there's room to improve.
massey1992
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by massey1992 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Yeah he is a good batter this year but needs to be patient. He's just like Felix Pie can't stop the bat from swinging itself.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,163

Re: emil brown 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:17 am

kgarnett21 wrote:... needs to learn to take a walk; his obp is simply awful. i know he's on pace for 120 RBI, but without runners on he's USELESS. his obp with the bases empty is a dismal .183, compared to .310 from kurt suzuki, who's probably considered one of the smaller bats in the lineup.

i don't when he became such a free swinger. for his career, his obp is about .064 higher than his batting average, which is normal, but this year it's only .027. i think he needs to stop letting those RBI's go to his head and realize there's room to improve.

I don't see him holding back anytime soon. It's going to be something that he needs to adapt to during both the regular and off season. Still a bargain for Oakland.

Return to Oakland Athletics