Greg Dobbs

Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Greg Dobbs 

Post#1 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Yeah, I know he was never really a stud prospect with the Mariners (despite some good seasons in the minors and a few good cups in the majors) but, hot damn, check out what he
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Greg Dobbs 

Post#2 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:in 90 ABs

^^^
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 30, 2007 8:41 pm

Well, yeah, if you want to poop in his Cheerios, but he's building off of a pretty impressive 2006:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... obbs.shtml

Yeah, I know the dude's almost 30, but he's not a bad end-of-the-bench bat to have. Sad he never really got to see much action with the Mariners.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Well, yeah, if you want to poop in his Cheerios, but he's building off of a pretty impressive 2006:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... obbs.shtml

Yeah, I know the dude's almost 30, but he's not a bad end-of-the-bench bat to have. Sad he never really got to see much action with the Mariners.

Okay, so between 2006 and 2007, now we're at 117 at-bats and counting.

I didn't see the point in keeping a guy who had topped out as a roughly 800-OPS guy in his late 20s at the AA-AAA level. (In the PCL, no less.) I wouldn't even know how to look up his major league equivalency level but I'd assume it's somewhere around 650 -- which is about what he has actually hit at the big league level. (.257/.291/.351, according to the page you linked -- that is, his OBP is below .300, and his SLG is about the same as Joe McEwing and Dave Concepcion.)

I guess his NL equivalent OPS is more like 900.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 31, 2007 1:48 am

Fine. Rain on his parade. See if you're invited to DobbCon this year.

Return to Seattle Mariners