detroit (7-5) @ seattle (6-8)

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

detroit (7-5) @ seattle (6-8) 

Post#1 » by TTown » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:32 am

the harangutan (has that been trademarked yet?) vs. our old friend doug fister tonight.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: detroit (7-5) @ seattle (6-8) 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 am

So far, so good for Harang. One run's in but he hasn't walked anyone and has 4 Ks. I suppose he'll have more swinging strikes than Beavan has on the year in about, oh, one more inning?

TTown wrote:the harangutan (has that been trademarked yet?)

If you trademark that, and I trademark the phrase "Every Which Way But Loose"...well, we'll make millions!
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#3 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Harang was actually pretty damn good. Way better than Beavan's sorry ass has been in any start. That pitch he threw on the Cabrera HR was a GOOD PITCH. Damn Miguel for being the best hitter in baseball.

Our offense sucked. Not really surprised. Aren't we used to this by now? :lol:
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:02 am

This game is pure death. A fantastic Felix performance is wasted by another evening's worth of offensive futility. It's the 13th inning and I'm thinking there's a few more innings left until this thing finally wraps up.

Here's something that will make you feel nice: Mike Carp hit 2 doubles and triple today, which means in one game he logged more extra base hits than Smoak has in about 60+ plate appearances this season. And Montero in 40+ plate appearances. And Ackley in 50+ plate appearances. COMBINED.

Smoak, Ackley, and Montero just can't get anything done. Smoak's power is just non-existent He hit a hanging slider as solidly as he can and the thing died on the warning track in RF. If the M's sent all three of them to AAA tomorrow [I think all three can be sent down without worrying about waivers], and the team called up Sucre/Thames/Liddi [?] I wouldn't be upset. None of the three have done a damn thing this season that justifies their presence in this lineup.

I want to see Zunino this year but there's no point in rushing him. Thames has nothing left to prove in AAA, Sucre could backup Shoppach, and Liddi could play 3B with Seager moving over to 2B. Stick Thames in the OF and move Ibanez to 1B where his lack of range/noodle arm are mitigated. Not that I want to give Raul a bunch of at bats but he's going to get them regardless of what I feel like doing.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:27 am

And Blake Beavan can drive everyone down to AAA. And stay there. Or leave. It doesn't really matter.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:43 am

My goodness...they send Smoak from 1st and he's out at the plate by 15 feet, and that's how the game ends. So that's another series loss.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#7 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm so tired of this team. First things first; Fire Wedge. I'm beyond tired of his obsession with playing vets and his overuse of lefty/right matchups. He's not a great manager.

Then, as Sweezo mentioned, send down our junk. What more do we need to see of Smoak? He's had what? 3+ seasons to prove something and hasn't? Done. Ackley has to work on his mechanics, and Montero? Same thing.

Call up some players who might actually produce. Tired of this crap.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#8 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Iwakuma > Felix

Didn't watch the game; Why only 6 innings?

Not too enthused about the win though. We couldn't hit. AGAIN. I know, it's Verlander, but still.

Return to Seattle Mariners