Angels @ Seattle Mariners

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Angels @ Seattle Mariners 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:25 am

What's this? Maurer pitches 7+ innings of shutout baseball, Peguero hits one of the longer HR in Safeco history, and Bay comes through with RISP? This almost makes up for that disastrous series against the Astros. Almost.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Angels @ Seattle Mariners 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:29 am

That pitch Peguero hit was insane. A curveball off his shoelaces. I don't know he tracked that and got ahold of it but it was impressive.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#3 » by TTown » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 am

12 runs given up in his first 6.2 IP, 4 over his last 19. the kid who went from AA to the major league roster in one spring has arrived.
ImageImageImageImage
DavidSterned
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,255

Post#4 » by DavidSterned » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Seager has been on a tear lately. He seems like a pretty underrated player.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:59 am

Two nifty strikeouts for Smoak with the bases loaded. That's 1518 career MLB plate appearances and counting! I'm sure he'll figure it out any day now.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 am

This game has featured the most pathetic offensive performance from a MLB team that I have witnessed in a long time. Wow.

I'm done watching this team until Smoak is no longer on the roster. DONE. I love how our Sims (Who is an obnoxious and horrible broadcaster) was like "I asked Wedge STRAIGHT UP NO HOLDING BACK do you still believe in Smoak and he said "Definitely".

Well, Wedge, that's because you're an idiot. Smoak is one of the most worthless hitters in the league. I can't take it anymore.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:00 am

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:This game has featured the most pathetic offensive performance from a MLB team that I have witnessed in a long time. Wow.

I'm done watching this team until Smoak is no longer on the roster. DONE. I love how our Sims (Who is an obnoxious and horrible broadcaster) was like "I asked Wedge STRAIGHT UP NO HOLDING BACK do you still believe in Smoak and he said "Definitely".

Well, Wedge, that's because you're an idiot. Smoak is one of the most worthless hitters in the league. I can't take it anymore.

And yet, I still feel bad for Smoak when our idiot third base coach not only sends Smoak from second on an infield single, but then GETS IN SMOAK'S WAY as he is rounding third base. That lost half step cost the team a run.

On the plus, we got lots of guys on base and Noesi looked good again. There's still time to salvage this season but some things definitely have to change. Move Morales to 1B, let Montero DH, and find someone to back-up Shoppach. If they could move Smoak for a backup catcher [hell, the Brewers have been using a SS at 1B...maybe they have someone?] then do it already.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by TTown » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:20 pm

if wedge wants to play games with ryan and andino at short, fine, but i don't like sitting ackley during the rhythm he's in. who knows what would have happened, but andino had an awful whiff with the bases juiced in the 4th. with the bat ack is swinging the last week and a half, he needs to be in those spots.
ImageImageImageImage
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#9 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Andino is awful. I'm not sure why he's getting significant playing time. Ryan couldn't hit the broad sign of a barn, but his defense is tremendous. Everyday SS for sure right now. Ackley needs to be at 2B atleast while he is hitting well. I still think he has serious issues that need to be worked out in the minors, and if that doesn't do anything, cut ties.

I agree with Morales at 1B, Montero at DH. Makes sense, but sadly, I dont see it happening for a while. We're gonna be tortured.

Noesi DID pitch well. TBH, I thought he had been horrible all season since coming up from the minors, and then I look and see he had a 0.00 ERA before last night. :lol:
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Sweezo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 am

Another win! Felix was on tonight. Morse also showed some signs of life as he hit the ball hard several times, narrowly missing a home run on a ball just foul along the right field line. The teams done a great job of getting guys on base the last couple games. Run production is still an issue with the middle of the lineup, but I'm moderately hopeful.

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:I agree with Morales at 1B, Montero at DH. Makes sense, but sadly, I dont see it happening for a while. We're gonna be tortured.

Both had a good night tonight. Morales came through with a pinch hit game winning RBI. Montero clubbed a two run HR to erase a two run defect. So that's 2 HR in his last three games. With Ackley hitting around .340 over his last 14 games entering tonight, two of the our younger guys are making things happen. Granted, Ackley's only getting on base if he gets a base hit right now but progress is progress.

Smoak, on the other hand, went 0-4 and left 7 men on base again. After going 1-4 and leaving 6 men on base the night before. Good for him.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by TTown » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:46 am

when all else fails, just tell maurer, felix, and then kuma to go out and shut down the opposition. great pitching, outside of that thing harang put together friday.

seriously though, the three of them were great. had the halos completely baffled.

i wonder how many people outside of the northwest are aware of iwakuma? two more months of this and you could argue he's been the best pitcher in baseball for an entire calendar year and i get blank stares when i bring him up.

morse went yard for the first time since the 9th.

if i hear "when saunders and guti come back, wedge will have some REAL hard decisions to make" one more time i'm going to lose it. those two are going to start, and chavez needs to stay put. morse goes to 1B. i gave smoak april to show me something, and he failed miserably. i don't see a tough decision anywhere. ibanez or bay can be the 4th OF, because obviously if guti plays for more than 3 consecutive days he's playing with borrowed time and is likely to fall down a flight of stairs. or hell, let peguero stay. i don't care.
ImageImageImageImage
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#12 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 pm

I thought I misheard the announcer yesterday when he said it was Smoak's first day off. FIRST.DAY.OFF. SMOAK!? WTF!? HOW WAS YESTERDAY HIS FIRST DAY OFF!? Jesus. :o

I agree with Chavez, Guti, Saunders in the OF, Morse at 1B, Morales DH for the time being. That makes more sense, and Montero is fine at C.

Will this happen? Nope. Too much of a chance for Wedge. That's the truth.

Return to Seattle Mariners