Seattle Mariners @ Baltimore Orioles

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Seattle Mariners @ Baltimore Orioles 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Sat Aug 3, 2013 2:11 am

After getting their asses handed to them by the Red Sox, the M's are off to another poor start against the Orioles.

I can't believe I am saying this but I hope Wedge comes back soon as Robby Thomson might be mentally deficient. He **** up by signaling for the wrong pitcher to come in from the bullpen last night [or he **** up by actually admitting to doing that--you pick which is worse], and tonight puts Maurer in where I think 4 of the next 5 batters were left-handed.

Maurer loaded 'em up and then gave up a grand slam which proved to be the difference in a high-scoring game. Christ...how hard is it to not have a guy who gets murdered by left-handed hitters face a bunch of left-handed hitters? It's not like the guy's been great against right-handed hitters either but he's running a 1.000+ OPS against LHB on the season
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Re: Seattle Mariners @ Baltimore Orioles 

Post#2 » by TTown » Sat Aug 3, 2013 11:50 pm

yikes. we were on an 8-game winning streak, like, last week. now we're in one of those funks where i'd only half-kiddingly expect to win another 5 games all season. things are pretty brutal after felix and kuma. saunders looked great for two months there, but that's apparently all gone now. and that damn 'pen, blah.

as so many seasons do, the only reason to continue watching is down to individual player performances. hopefully the young infield + saunders continue to hit well and hey, we have another felix cy young watch to keep tabs on.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by TTown » Sun Aug 4, 2013 5:08 pm

erasmo is undefeated (3-0) despite a 7.25 ERA, lol. hooray for run support.

he made a few mistakes early but actually settled in nicely in the middle innings before getting into trouble again in the 6th.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Sun Aug 4, 2013 6:25 pm

TTown wrote:erasmo is undefeated (3-0) despite a 7.25 ERA, lol. hooray for run support.

he made a few mistakes early but actually settled in nicely in the middle innings before getting into trouble again in the 6th.

If you take out the runs allowed it was a dominant start statistically. He's going to give up runs now and then but I hope he can weed out the mistake pitches that lead to solo home runs.

Saunders and Smoak are on a tear right now. Morse is also starting to show off his power again as well.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by TTown » Mon Aug 5, 2013 3:33 am

i guess the key to this team is for me to go online and start bitching. no sooner do i say we're in the midst of a never-ending downward spiral and joe saunders is the worst thing ever, we take a road series against one of the AL's better teams and saunders completely shuts down a pretty stout group of bats.

52-59 w/ a 6 game homestand against the jays and brew crew starting tomorrow. we'll have felix and kuma go against the jays, it'd be nice to have them silence some of toronto's big bats and hopefully our other guys can beat milwaukee. i'd love to crawl as close as possible to .500 again before that ridiculous trip we have looming (@ tampa, @ texas, @ oakland).
ImageImageImageImage
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Aug 5, 2013 3:18 pm

How amazing was that 16 pitch at-bat by Justin Smoak yesterday? In the previous few years, he NEVER would have had an AB like that. He fouled off every pitch in every location until he got something he could handle. Shows how far the guy has come. Avg over .270 with an OBP over .370 (or close)? AWESOME.

Still not too excited about the team after the recent spiral, but lets see where things go. All I'm hoping for is continued good play from Smoak, along with the rest of the young guys.

Oh, and Seager is a monster.

Return to Seattle Mariners