Astros @ Mariners...Do or Die

Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Astros @ Mariners...Do or Die 

Post#1 » by Bulltalk » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:09 am

I mean really, if we don't take at least 2 out of 3 from them with Felix starting one of the games, then we're in big trouble.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Astros @ Mariners...Do or Die 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Yes. The Astros just don't have much...Altuve is awesome, Springer will be, but that's about it. We really struggled with Astros this year, but based on talent alone there shouldn't be any reason we can take these three games. And we need to do that...you cannot lose a series at home against the Astros if you want to have any hope of posting a winning record at the end of the year.

Losing against Oakland? Fine...it happens. They're good, they're the division favorites, and they deserve to be until someone knocks them off their perch.

But the Astros? No. They may be at some point but they're not that far into their rebuilding process.

This is beside the point but I am currently listening to KIRO where a caller is complaining that [1] Lloyd doesn't discipline his players enough and needs to take a page from Pete Carroll's playbook, and [2] Bloomquist needs to be in the lineup everyday because he's an on-base machine. What a fantastic illustration of why I don't like Bloomquist...he, in an of himself is pretty vanilla. But the number of casual fans in this area who think he's a good player is just astounding.

The M's need to win soon, if for no other reason than sports radio is unlistenable this time of year when they are losing.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#3 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm

I've officially stopped caring about the Mariners. I swear we are never going to be relevant again. I just can't even try to root for such an inept and ridiculously bad offensive team. Year after year. SAME THING.

Wake me up March 2015.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:12 pm

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:I've officially stopped caring about the Mariners. I swear we are never going to be relevant again. I just can't even try to root for such an inept and ridiculously bad offensive team. Year after year. SAME THING.

Wake me up March 2015.

I'll still care because it's baseball and I love the sport too much to give up this early.

Is there anything out there that would make me feel a little bit better?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/458381690381934592[/tweet]

Screw you, Figgins.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 am

Looks like it's going to be another **** sandwich for Felix. The offense isn't doing squat against whomever it is that the Astros have pitching for them.

Almonte's stats have taken an absolute nosedive. He started off so well but he's not getting on base at all. The experiment with him in CF and batting leadoff has been interesting but...do we have another option?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:26 am

There's a two run home run. Jesus.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:56 am

And the wheels have fallen off in the 6th. Romero came up lazily on a ground ball to RF which a runner scored on from 2B, then he ate the wall and dropped the ball on the next play, and then Ackley at the wall and watched the ball bounced around on the next one.

This is the kind of losing streak against {supposedly] inferior talent that just might get someone fired/cut/traded/whatever. I don't mean to say I advocate such a thing but the Mariners' players are doing a poor job of marketing their product.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#8 » by TTown » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 am

neat. we're that team again this year other bad teams circle on their calendar to gain momentum.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:14 am

TTown wrote:neat. we're that team again this year other bad teams circle on their calendar to gain momentum.

I've not been this disappointed in this team in a long time, and that's saying something. Yet another year where a great spring and a good opening series gets me thinking this team might be competitive. Then it all comes crashing down. I'm tired of being so damned pessimistic about this team, so I get my hopes up after too small a sample size and then this is what I'm left.

I'm not asking for a damned World Series or even a playoff team right now. I want a team that's able to hit .500 and give me something entertaining to watch at night. And they just can't do it.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Bulltalk » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 am

Ugh.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Bulltalk » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:19 am

Sweezo wrote:
TTown wrote:neat. we're that team again this year other bad teams circle on their calendar to gain momentum.

I've not been this disappointed in this team in a long time, and that's saying something. Yet another year where a great spring and a good opening series gets me thinking this team might be competitive. Then it all comes crashing down. I'm tired of being so damned pessimistic about this team, so I get my hopes up after too small a sample size and then this is what I'm left.

I'm not asking for a damned World Series or even a playoff team right now. I want a team that's able to hit .500 and give me something entertaining to watch at night. And they just can't do it.

They just beat the shyt out of me as a fan. Please quit kicking the shyt out of me before summer even starts.

Now Paxton is out 6-8 weeks. :banghead:

Dear God...

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Sweezo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:21 am

Erasmo's really not doing his team any favors any more. M's already down 2-0 in the first thanks to a bomb by Jason Castro. Thankfully there were no fans in danger of being hit by the home run since no one's actually at the stadium.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Sweezo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 am

12 K's against a pitcher I've never even heard of before. Goodness.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by TTown » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:14 am

in case you were wondering, yes, the astro currently dominating our line-up DID come into this game with a career 0-8 record and a 8.94 era.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by TTown » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 am

we get to houston's bullpen, and smoak immediately hits a 2 run bomb to cut the lead in half.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Sweezo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 am

TTown wrote:in case you were wondering, yes, the astro currently dominating our line-up DID come into this game with a career 0-8 record and a 8.94 era.

And look at what that guy did to us...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/espnstatsinfo/status/458834132777566208[/tweet]

I have no idea what the solution is. Absolutely no one on this team looks particularly good right now.
columbiaa14
Pro Prospect
And1: 105

Post#17 » by columbiaa14 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:34 am

mariners officially revealing they have a curse on hitters, it's quite ridiculous actually...
when has someone ever come to seattle and actually hit better, for consecutive seasons?
Viatical wrote:[Melo] demanded to be traded from a team where J.R. Smith was the 4th option to a team where J.R. Smith is the 2nd option.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#18 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

There really is a curse on Seattle. I blame A Rod. We just suck. Every year. One of the 5 worst offenses in baseball.

Baseball is my least favorite sport of the main 3, so maybe thats why it's so easy for me to stop caring about the Mariners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#19 » by nuke the whales » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 pm

We're being no hit through three by a guy with (currently) a 6+ ERA
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Bulltalk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 pm

A devastating start to this home series. You have to wonder if it's "season-over" already. I'm inclined to think that there's less than a 50/50 chance that we ever see .500 again before this season ends. Which would mean "wait till next year" again. Good Lord! It's only April 23rd!

Jack Z is done for. That's pretty clear now. The problem, however, is that the ownership/management is just as bad if not worse. Can they honestly be trusted in picking his replacement, with turning the fortunes of this franchise around? I don't think so. We desperately need new ownership, new upper-brass. We as fans, however, are quite helpless in this regard. There's nothing we can do except show our apathy. Terrible position to put your fan-base in.

Wow! Why can't Paul Allen own this team? I'd take Mark Cuban now.

Damn it. Throw me a bone. Give me something to feel hopeful about.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)

Return to Seattle Mariners