Series Thread: M's v. NY Yankees

NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Series Thread: M's v. NY Yankees 

Post#1 » by NateMustGo » Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 pm

:clap: Gotta give it up to Washburn, I didn't think he was worth a damn last year but he is truly the best starter we have right now. That gem he threw last night at the yanks was a thing of beauty!
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat May 12, 2007 11:19 pm

Yeah, he didn't do that well last year but as the No.2 starter he's proven worth his weight. I'm impressed, although I can't honestly figure out what made the difference.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Sun May 13, 2007 1:31 am

I figured I'd just make this the series thread...and in doing so I realized in the middle of changing the title MoMustGo's post no longer made sense so I changed a pronoun to "Washburn" instead. Hope he doesn't mind...

But yeah, Washburn has pitched well. Yesterday was the first game of his that really impressed me though. I mean, the Yankees have their struggles, but that lineup is still dynamite. If you shut them down, people should take notice...
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Ex-hippie » Sun May 13, 2007 2:19 am

Somebody just offered me Washburn in a fantasy trade. Had to turn it down, though.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sun May 13, 2007 2:35 am

In me league, he's sitting on the waiver wire. But it's only a ten team league...
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#6 » by BlackMamba » Sun May 13, 2007 3:47 pm

got a chance to watch the last 2 innings of that game. i was surprised washburn was pitching that well in the 8th, thought he was finishing the game, but i liked what i saw of putz.
Shkinny6
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Shkinny6 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:20 pm

on my way to the game right now.....andy p versus ramirez.....this could be a long day....and if willie is starting again im leaving
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Sun May 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Great job this afternoon by the Mariners pitchers. Total domination all the way around, even if Morrow had me very worried in the 8th. As for Putz, he's just a beast. Matsui got lucky because of some missed calls, but without a doubt, Putz is the best closer in baseball. Hands down.

Nice to see us win a series against the Yanks. Very impressive.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 am

At this point, does anyone have any clue what to expect when they sit down to watch the M's play? Equally infuriating and exciting, this is certainly a departure from season's past.

Whenever I think they're going to get clobbered, some schmuck (and I mean that affectionately) like Ramirez or Baek goes out and shuts down one of the best teams in the league. And whenever I think they're gaining momentum and are set to go on a winning streak...they lose horribly.
myELFboy
Analyst

Post#10 » by myELFboy » Mon May 14, 2007 7:20 am

^^^Yeah, I know what you mean Sweezo. I expected Batista to have a pretty good outing the other night against the Yankees, yet he only lasts, what, 2 innings? & today (well, technically last night since it's 12:19 AM), I expected Ramirez to give up about 5 runs and lose, yet he only gives up 1 and wins. It seems the starting pitchers are either very studlike, going 7, 8, 9 innings, or very, very, VERY sh***y, going 2 or 3 innings, giving up 7 runs.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon May 14, 2007 9:53 am

Sweezo wrote:At this point, does anyone have any clue what to expect when they sit down to watch the M's play? Equally infuriating and exciting, this is certainly a departure from season's past.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been asking myself "How in the hell is this team .500?" lol.

Its truly been a strange season.
NateMustGo
Starter

Post#12 » by NateMustGo » Mon May 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Sweezo wrote:I figured I'd just make this the series thread...and in doing so I realized in the middle of changing the title MoMustGo's post no longer made sense so I changed a pronoun to "Washburn" instead. Hope he doesn't mind...

But yeah, Washburn has pitched well. Yesterday was the first game of his that really impressed me though. I mean, the Yankees have their struggles, but that lineup is still dynamite. If you shut them down, people should take notice...
That's funny Sweezo i'm in school for the first time since 75' and we are reading about pronouns. So no I don't mind at all. Feel free to fix away. Great game yesterday an old fashioned pitching duel. Did you guys see the stats on Ramirez 3-0 at home 1.36 era on the road 0-2 around 13 era now that's a nightmare for us stat geeks!

Return to Seattle Mariners