ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Rockets (Frid., 8 PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,656

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Rockets (Frid., 8 PM EST) 

Post#21 » by Bob8 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:51 am

Dali wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:How did OMax look?

He looked great, considering he hasn't had the continuity of play that Lively has had. I personally thought he was the best player on the Mavs today.

We need to be a little more realistic here. He's really giving everything on the court, but his shooting is awful. He will need to fix that, if he wants to be in rotation.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,218

Post#22 » by Archx » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:55 am

daoneandonly wrote:I never was or will be on the Green train, but now I've jumped off the Hardy one

I think Green plays way harder during games than Hardy but they made us believe with that "untouchables" during the preseason that Hardy improvement was god-like. Well, he's still just another low IQ chucker who needs Luka to create space for him to be effective.
Dali
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#23 » by Dali » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:55 am

Bob8 wrote:
Dali wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:How did OMax look?

He looked great, considering he hasn't had the continuity of play that Lively has had. I personally thought he was the best player on the Mavs today.

We need to be a little more realistic here. He's really giving everything on the court, but his shooting is awful. He will need to fix that, if he wants to be in rotation.

Yep agree. His offense in general has a ways to go, but today he was great. 7/13 from the field and 6 rebounds too if I remember correctly. Gotta give him kudos today.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,218

Post#24 » by Archx » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:01 am

Dali wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Dali wrote:

Yep agree. His offense in general has a ways to go, but today he was great. 7/13 from the field and 6 rebounds too if I remember correctly. Gotta give him kudos today.

Yep. Omax needs minutes to learn and get experience but Kidd thinks otherwise. Same goes for Holmes, much better option than Powell. But apparently playing Kieff in almost 2024 is more important. I already can't handle the stress from watching THj, Powell and Hardy.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,974

Post#25 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:02 am

Hardy is immature and unproffissional, he had a breakout season last year after dropping in the draft, instead of building on it, he squanders every opportunity he gets, he's not lasting long in the league with this mindset.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#26 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:09 am

Holmes has been a disppointment offensively, but he's still better than Powell at everything, even the Gortat screens which Powell and Kleber excell at, Holmes also masters.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,656

Post#27 » by Bob8 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:32 am

Dali wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Dali wrote:

I'm very afraid for his shooting. How he shoots now, it's more like prayers, chances of making shot or airballing it are the same.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#28 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:51 am

Another problem with Prosper, he's long and athletic enough to dunk and finish strong, but he's too hesitant on drives and end up with soft layups when his touch isn't great, that should cleanup with reps.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#29 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:13 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Holmes has been a disppointment offensively, but he's still better than Powell at everything, even the Gortat screens which Powell and Kleber excell at, Holmes also masters.

Kidd is smart and let play a Cuban buddy is a good move for keep his job.

And probably he has personal problems with Holmes, he can't be behind Powell, Morris and Brown III.
No way.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#30 » by daoneandonly » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:40 pm

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:I never was or will be on the Green train, but now I've jumped off the Hardy one

I think Green plays way harder during games than Hardy but they made us believe with that "untouchables" during the preseason that Hardy improvement was god-like. Well, he's still just another low IQ chucker who needs Luka to create space for him to be effective.

I'm going to very respectfully disagree. I think Green stepped up his game and worked hard when it was that window to have extension talks. Once he got his guaranteed contract, he's back to being borderline unplayable
Dali
Sophomore

Post#31 » by Dali » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Dali wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I'm very afraid for his shooting. How he shoots now, it's more like prayers, chances of making shot or airballing it are the same.

Yeah we probably shouldn't accept any major improvement in offense until at the very least next season, and might actually have to wait multiple seasons for his offense to be refined.
Dali
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Dali » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Another problem with Prosper, he's long and athletic enough to dunk and finish strong, but he's too hesitant on drives and end up with soft layups when his touch isn't great, that should cleanup with reps.

This has definitely been a problem too, agree. Today however, he actually was aggressive in finishing the drives with dunks. It's almost like he was a little bit unleashed with so many players rested/injured.
Dali
Sophomore

Post#33 » by Dali » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:47 pm

Archx wrote:
Dali wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Yep. Omax needs minutes to learn and get experience but Kidd thinks otherwise. Same goes for Holmes, much better option than Powell. But apparently playing Kieff in almost 2024 is more important. I already can't handle the stress from watching THj, Powell and Hardy.

Kief had that good game where he was 10/5/4 for the game, and Kidd will pick him because of that one game for the foreseeable future.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#34 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:48 pm

I agree that Kief can play 10minutes from the bench at 4... He is not unplayble like Powell

Return to Dallas Mavericks