ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Jazz (Mond., 9 PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,015

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Jazz (Mond., 9 PMEST) 

Post#81 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:20 pm

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Alot of those guys have connections or are team/beat writers.

That's how media works. At the end of the day they still don't know **** and are just talking for the sake of talking and getting views. Unless they are directly involved in players personal life. A ton of stuff has been said about Kyrie aswell which was later known to be not true.

Not going to watch today's game, not in a masochist mood, I've seen lots of bad games by Luka, Pelicans 2nd game was something else, and w/o even having intel about partying, I immediately suspected it, only game that comes close is the Poland game in Eurobasket.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#82 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:23 pm

I don't know what happens but before Poland game they had a party for sure.

Probably Luka was just injuried, btw it's a bad management.
We don't need a Luka season ending injury. Thanks.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#83 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:30 pm

Archx wrote:

That's how media works. At the end of the day they still don't know **** and are just talking for the sake of talking and getting views. Unless they are directly involved in players personal life. A ton of stuff has been said about Kyrie aswell which was later known to be not true.

Some of these guys travel with the team and on the grand scale most of the bigger Mavs pods are still small in comparison as they are focused on one team so this wasn't some bombshell reporting that they were doing get views. They didnt lead off the pod or title the pod "LUKA HUNGOVER" but did talk about how the Bourbon Street Blues seem to have gotten the best of him (wink wink).

Guys go out and have fun and none of this has reached James Harden levels. Again this was a simple talking point that is being blown up into Luka has a drinking problem. Total coincidence I mention this, he plays bad, and it was NYE the night before.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#84 » by Archx » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:10 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

Not going to watch today's game, not in a masochist mood, I've seen lots of bad games by Luka, Pelicans 2nd game was something else, and w/o even having intel about partying, I immediately suspected it, only game that comes close is the Poland game in Eurobasket.

Yeah that Poland fiasco was sure a total failure. Problem was coaching staff was on it and we probably have a worse coach than Mavs, that should tell you everything :D
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#85 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:19 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

Yeah that Poland fiasco was sure a total failure. Problem was coaching staff was on it and we probably have a worse coach than Mavs, that should tell you everything :D

The Poland fiasco is well known...it was reported that Goran wasn't happy with his teammates...Goran is a professional and when it's a tournament does whatever it takes to win(sacrifices partying)...meanwhile Luka loves to Play cards,have fun, have a few drinks...he doesn't get wasted ,but he doesn't get the rest because of staying up late playing cards and Goran was irritated by behavior of some Players and it was reported that he regreted playing one more tournament...the atmosfere was a lot more casual,less professional than in 2017

Return to Dallas Mavericks