Post#1 » by Dirk » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 pm

Game has been called off.

RIP.

Read on Twitter
60/21/10
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 912

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Warriors (Postponed) 

Post#2 » by kacey ring » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:29 pm

RIP, Dejan!

Prayers and thoughts with the family. It’s never easy losing someone suddenly and at a young age.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,024

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:44 pm

Rest in peace coach...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Apz
Head Coach
And1: 2,046

Post#4 » by Apz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 am

But what actually is the reason to postpone? I buy that wednesday were cancelled, but friday? GSW gonna need a 3 week grieving period now? I dont buy it. Might sound harsh but. If the league gonna grind to a halt every time someones 2nd cousin dies they need to cut the games by 50% and probably wont have time to finish that
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#5 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:42 pm

Totally understandable. Bigger than a game. Rest in peace coach
FIRE JASON KIDD
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,232

Post#6 » by Archx » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:44 pm

Apz wrote:But what actually is the reason to postpone? I buy that wednesday were cancelled, but friday? GSW gonna need a 3 week grieving period now? I dont buy it. Might sound harsh but. If the league gonna grind to a halt every time someones 2nd cousin dies they need to cut the games by 50% and probably wont have time to finish that

Apparently GSW were at the team private dinner and he had a heart attack infront of everyone. Obviously this is going to leave a longer effect on them. Also, he was a good person and people liked him a lot.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,254

Post#7 » by BeiBeau » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:50 am

Apz wrote:But what actually is the reason to postpone? I buy that wednesday were cancelled, but friday? GSW gonna need a 3 week grieving period now? I dont buy it. Might sound harsh but. If the league gonna grind to a halt every time someones 2nd cousin dies they need to cut the games by 50% and probably wont have time to finish that

What is wrong with you? That’s not something someone piece harsh says, that’s the type of thing someone without a heart says.

They’re grieving, have a conscience. The reason they’re giving them a week off is to grieve.
Apz
Head Coach
And1: 2,046

Post#8 » by Apz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:49 pm

BeiBeau wrote:

What is wrong with you? That’s not something someone piece harsh says, that’s the type of thing someone without a heart says.

They’re grieving, have a conscience. The reason they’re giving them a week off is to grieve.

Conscience? Did I kill him? Archx explanation makes more sense, can swear i wrote a reply to that days ago but seems to have dissapeared or i might have fallen asleep before hitting submit.
But giving someone a week off to grieve is not a reason, unless u consider nba players the softest humans on earth? Only way a week off to grieve is acceptable is if its your(not you you, knoe u will try to spin it) kid that dies. Be lucky if u get a day off if a parent die. A collegue? In a normal persons job the boss would laugh in your face if u asked for a week off. But if what archx said is true, its not to grieve, its because of shock. Still not the way to get thru stuff like that, usually better to work thru it with standard days. Its when u are alone and have time to think it gets worse, sitting home is the worst solution.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,254

Post#9 » by BeiBeau » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:08 pm

Apz wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Conscience? Did I kill him? Archx explanation makes more sense, can swear i wrote a reply to that days ago but seems to have dissapeared or i might have fallen asleep before hitting submit.
But giving someone a week off to grieve is not a reason, unless u consider nba players the softest humans on earth? Only way a week off to grieve is acceptable is if its your(not you you, knoe u will try to spin it) kid that dies. Be lucky if u get a day off if a parent die. A collegue? In a normal persons job the boss would laugh in your face if u asked for a week off. But if what archx said is true, its not to grieve, its because of shock. Still not the way to get thru stuff like that, usually better to work thru it with standard days. Its when u are alone and have time to think it gets worse, sitting home is the worst solution.

Disappointing to know that you’re not a good person.

Return to Dallas Mavericks