ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Nets (Tuesd., 730PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Nets (Tuesd., 730PMEST) 

Post#21 » by Maverick41 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:18 am

41Dirk41 wrote:It's very funny think about when someone here talked about Cam Thomas is better than Irving

Someone said this here on this board? My goodness that's sig worthy :lol:
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#22 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:23 am

Maverick41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:It's very funny think about when someone here talked about Cam Thomas is better than Irving

Someone said this here on this board? My goodness that's sig worthy :lol:

Cam Thomas is basicaly Jaden Hardy with permission to shoot more :lol:
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,936

Post#23 » by Dirk » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:20 am

Stuffed by Grant Williams

Luka with the rare C&S

60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#24 » by Archx » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:05 pm

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#25 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:11 pm

JWillTheFreak wrote:green and williams are so nervous when they get the ball... they just need to make a pass the shooter in the corner...

Happy for the win, but Green again needs to be called out. There was a 20 sec stretch where he single handedly cost this team 7 points, that alone almost brought the Nets back
Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Post#26 » by Swish77 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
JWillTheFreak wrote:green and williams are so nervous when they get the ball... they just need to make a pass the shooter in the corner...

Happy for the win, but Green again needs to be called out. There was a 20 sec stretch where he single handedly cost this team 7 points, that alone almost brought the Nets back

But then made a key 3 to seal it up. Why call him out when he made up for it? Mistakes happen in the game of Basketball. he made up for it and we got the win that's all that matters. I don't see why he needs to be called out.
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#27 » by Marko_MFFL » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:25 pm

Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

But then made a key 3 to seal it up. Why call him out when he made up for it? Mistakes happen in the game of Basketball. he made up for it and we got the win that's all that matters. I don't see why he needs to be called out.

I think that some people are now looking through a loupe for every mistake he makes.
Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Post#28 » by Swish77 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:34 pm

Marko_MFFL wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I think that some people are now looking through a loupe for every mistake he makes.

that's every mavs player when they make a mistake people dog them and say we need to trade them. I'm glad Dirk didn't have to deal with any of these.
JWillTheFreak
Pro Prospect
And1: 211

Post#29 » by JWillTheFreak » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:51 am

Its not his mistakes, he just plays full speed all the time and rushes his shots and decision making... he could be so much better if he took his time sometimes... but he been playing well the last few days! I still would move him if we could get PJ Washington.
///////////////////////////////////////BAKAJ///////////////////////////////////////////////
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,686

Post#30 » by Bob8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:46 am

Swish77 wrote:
Marko_MFFL wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

that's every mavs player when they make a mistake people dog them and say we need to trade them. I'm glad Dirk didn't have to deal with any of these.

Mavs need upgrade in the front court and a big wing. To getting there we will eventually need to trade someone. The only 2 players with any kind of value are Josh and THJ. Mavs are where they are, because they didn't want to make necessary trades in the past. You're not getting anything good for Holmes, Powell, Kleber...

Yes Josh is playing better lately, which make his trade value higher, but a team already having 2 stars in the guard position + few backups for sure need someone bigger more than Josh. Or we can continue being fringe playoff team with all the untradeable players we all like.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#31 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:32 am

ozwizard8 wrote:Lucky break for Mavs. Embiid being injured changed the outcome. Its also good that Nets is on back-to-back so we wouldn't be the only ones with tired legs.
Personnaly, I would rather have Luka or Kyrie to be rested this game. Kyrie seems to like to return from injury breaks with some easy games. Maybe its good for rehab and getting adjusted. Lets see if he marked the Nets game and put up a statement against Tsai-Marks tomorrow.

As I called in Sixers game thread, Kyrie marked this game to play his best. Team fed him very early on to make sure he scores 30+.
I have no concern about Kyrie marking this game and others helping him. But if it cost Mavs two weeks off, maybe he should've played some other games instead of this. If Kyrie is going to motivate on sth, he should look to lift Mavs up. Since he came here, our record is around .500.

I don't think neither Sean Marks or Tsai is feeling sorry for kicking Kyrie's ass away. Kyrie couldn't even make the playoffs in his first year, let alone doing any playoff impact. They didn't give him to Lakers, so it was an upset for both Kyrie and Lakers.

Nets coming b2b helped us too. Without effort and energy Nets team lacks #1 option like Luka/KD etc. Simmons is not that guy.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#32 » by daoneandonly » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:40 pm

JWillTheFreak wrote:Its not his mistakes, he just plays full speed all the time and rushes his shots and decision making... he could be so much better if he took his time sometimes... but he been playing well the last few days! I still would move him if we could get PJ Washington.

Exactly, Josh Green is the definition of all brawn over brain. He looks like an idiot out there when he's driving to the basket with the ball in hsi hands. ENough with the age excuse, he's a 4 year vet now

Return to Dallas Mavericks