ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Pelicans (Mond. 230PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,686

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Pelicans (Mond. 230PMEST) 

Post#101 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:02 am

Archx wrote:
tleikheen wrote:I'm alittle confused on Josh Greens value moneywise in a trade .With his new contract is a 13 million contract attached to his trade value now that January 15th is here. ?

If a team wants to trade for Green this year, they have to match his current salary which is a bit over 4M. Next year if a team wants to trade for him they'll have to match his next salary which will be around 13.5M.

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:I mean how do you explain this team? Lose to the Pels without their 3 best players, but beat then when they play.

It's easy, THJ has to score 40+, mostly difficult shots, for Mavs to win.

He has scored efficient 32 against New York too, so there's a pattern.

Basically THJ replaced what Luka usually does, which is score big. But Luka also obviously does other things aswell. If THJ played like this every game, Mavs would literally have 3 superstars capable of scoring a combined 90pts each game lol...

The important thing is that he's capable of those performances, there's no one else, who can provide that kind of firepower outside Luka and Kyrie and there really aren't many bench players in Nba capable of that. He's even more important for the Mavs knowing that all others are sub 10 points players. That's why Mavs winning is very positively correlated with THJ's performances.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 862

Post#102 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 am

Green looks like a completely different player when Luka is out.
He plays with more confidence and aggression offensively.

Hopefully other teams will recognize this and be willing to trade for him in the next few weeks because his value seems to be growing as Luka continues to be absent.

If we can yield Richards and Washington in a deal that includes Green and Hardy, I'd say the Mavs are set to contend.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,015

Post#103 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:39 am

Poor Grant
Read on Twitter
?s=20
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager

Post#104 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:40 am

Teffer10 wrote:Green looks like a completely different player when Luka is out.

Hopefully other teams will recognize this and be willing to trade for him in the next few weeks because his value seems to be growing as Luka continues to be absent.

If we can yield Richards and Washington in a deal that includes Green and Hardy, I'd say the Mavs are set to contend.

It's not only Luka out, Exum is out too. ;) And Exum is better in everything.

Yes, they have to trade Josh and Hardy.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 am

Bob8 wrote:

Honestly, the following is a legit contender imo:

Luka/Exum/Seth
Kyrie/Hardaway/Lawson
Jones/Williams/Prosper
Washington/Maxi/Morris
Lively/Richards/Powell

Great balance...size, scoring, defense, depth, experience, youth, and leadership.
Coaching would be our only weakness.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#106 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:54 am

It was refreshing to see some size in the SL tonight.
If Maxi can get back to even 90% of his peak, he can contribute and provide some much needed frontcourt help.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#107 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:00 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Luka/Exum/Seth
Kyrie/Hardaway/Lawson
Jones/Williams/Prosper
Washington/Maxi/Morris
Lively/Richards/Powell

Great balance...size, scoring, defense, depth, experience, youth, and leadership.

There's only 1 problem, why would Charlotte do that trade?
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#108 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:52 am

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Luka/Exum/Seth
Kyrie/Hardaway/Lawson
Jones/Williams/Prosper
Washington/Maxi/Morris
Lively/Richards/Powell

We'd obviously have to add picks.
IDK...would they bite on Hardy/Green/Holmes/2027?

I'd be fine with a Green for Richard's swap.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#109 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:42 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Honestly, the following is a legit contender imo:

Luka/Exum/Seth
Kyrie/Hardaway/Lawson
Jones/Williams/Prosper
Washington/Maxi/Morris
Lively/Richards/Powell

PJW is having his worst season, Mavs don't need to add 1st pick, Josh Green is inconsistent, but so is PJW, but they also can't be sending Holmes bad deal, they need to match salary other way.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#110 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

PJW is having his worst season, Mavs don't need to add 1st pick, Josh Green is inconsistent, but so is PJW, but they also can't be sending Holmes bad deal, they need to match salary other way.

Yea Im thinking exactly the same. At first I was hoping for some type of swap of Green/Hardy/Holmes for PJ/Richards, but i think that too heavily favors Dallas. Such a deal doesnt deserve picks either. So if Green/Holmes can get it done, you have to pull the trigger.

Is that enough? AGree with Khalil that PJ is just as inconsistent so should not require much asset additions. PJ and THor for Green/Holmes? Can Thor be a backup big? Is PJ and filler like Kouknight worth adding Hardy to? Maybe if we can flip Bouknight or whatever filler they give to get a 3rd team to get a backup big. The CUrry name means a lot in Charlotte, maybe Seth could be traded there as well? But i think a Green for PJ swap makes too much sense

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
PJ
Lively

Thats a solid starting 5
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#111 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:03 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:We'd obviously have to add picks.

Yea Im thinking exactly the same. At first I was hoping for some type of swap of Green/Hardy/Holmes for PJ/Richards, but i think that too heavily favors Dallas. Such a deal doesnt deserve picks either. So if Green/Holmes can get it done, you have to pull the trigger.

Is that enough? AGree with Khalil that PJ is just as inconsistent so should not require much asset additions. PJ and THor for Green/Holmes? Can Thor be a backup big? Is PJ and filler like Kouknight worth adding Hardy to? Maybe if we can flip Bouknight or whatever filler they give to get a 3rd team to get a backup big. The CUrry name means a lot in Charlotte, maybe Seth could be traded there as well? But i think a Green for PJ swap makes too much sense

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
PJ
Lively

Thats a solid starting 5

Curry, Green/2 2nds for PJW/Bouk (if Bouk fits the TPE) works, I'd hate to screw Curry again and trade him, but he's not helping his cause.
I don't think Richards is any good, Powell and Holmes are better players.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#112 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:09 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
PJ
Lively

Thats a solid starting 5

Curry, Green/2 2nds for PJW/Bouk (if Bouk fits the TPE) works, I'd hate to screw Curry again and trade him, but he's not helping his cause.

I would still like to know, what is Charlotte's initiative for this?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#113 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:13 pm

Getting a SG next ti Melo, capable of defending the POA, hits open shots and runs the FB.
PJW isn't playing well and could use a change of scenery.
There is a tendency on this board to overvalue other players and undervalue Mavs players.
PJW is average defender, with good atheletecism and size, and can shoot the 3 at OK clip, not an elite shooters.
Trust me, given your opinion of Green, Maxi and Hardy, you won't like PJW :)
Bob8
General Manager

Post#114 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Getting a SG next ti Melo, capable of defending the POA, hits open shots and runs the FB.
There is a tendency on this board to overvalue other players and undervalue Mavs players.
PJW is average defender, with good atheletecism and size, and can shoot the 3 at OK clip, not an elite shooters.

He's for sure not my first option, but Mavs have Luka, Kyrie, Exum, THJ and DJJ all much more useful than Josh so if we get bigger player is a big + and PJW is still much more capable scorer than Josh.

Starting Sg, who is averaging 7 points and 1 3-pointer? :D What Josh is bringing is worth minimal contract.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#115 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:42 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Getting a SG next ti Melo, capable of defending the POA, hits open shots and runs the FB.

He's for sure not my first option, but Mavs have Luka, Kyrie, Exum, THJ and DJJ all much more useful than Josh so if we get bigger player is a big + and PJW is still much more capable scorer than Josh.

Starting Sg, who is averaging 7 points and 1 3-pointer? :D What Josh is bringing is worth minimal contract.

He's not a scorer, still young and has great tools, has shown flashes and plays on a team with 3 great scorers...
PJW is average shooter, rebounder and defnder.
I liked him better than Grant in the offseason, but he also was mostly based on hope he become 40% 3P shooter, he never got close to that mark ans is 5th year player, playing in a system that should give him these opporunities, he can't put the ball on the floor or create anything.
I prefer the real thing, Siakam, OG, but Mavs can't get them, they are expensive, so we trade our young guy with flashes for their older but still young guy with flashes.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#116 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
PJ
Lively

Thats a solid starting 5

Yea less of a screw job though sending him to Char though as thats his hometown, id imagine he wouldnt mind. I dont even think the 2nds are needed. Maybe sub Bouknight for someone else Cha values even less
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#117 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:42 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Yea less of a screw job though sending him to Char though as thats his hometown, id imagine he wouldnt mind. I dont even think the 2nds are needed. Maybe sub Bouknight for someone else Cha values even less

Bouk is a bad salary, he's not getting another contract in the league.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#118 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:21 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
PJ
Lively

Thats a solid starting 5

I would still like to know, what is Charlotte's initiative for this?

Well, that's the kicker...Hornets would have to see an upside in Green.
He has obviously reached his ceiling as a Mav and the selling point would be how well he plays without Luka.
Definitely a tough sell, but as I originally mentioned, someone would have to recognize that Green could be a much better player for a situation other than Dallas.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#119 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:38 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
PJ
Lively

Thats a solid starting 5

Richards is certainly not starter material, but he'd fill a need here.
He's a 7ft athletic shot blocker so he's a better fit than Powell as Lively's backup.
Holmes is undersized and Kidd won't play him anyway.

Return to Dallas Mavericks