ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., 3PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

How many dunks will Gafford have?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 am

No votes
8%
2+
92%

Total votes: 12

BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,232

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., 3PMEST) 

Post#101 » by BeiBeau » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:30 pm

14 rebounds is just abound PJ and Gafford combined average rebounds per game.

With Maxi reviving Dallas’ goal of building a strong front court might actually work. Dallas might actually start winning rebound battles.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,970

Post#102 » by Diop » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:31 am

PJ is a smart player, good things often happen when he as the ball in his hands on offense.

He willl fit nicely in Dallas' team. He didn't mesh well with Miles and klutch are holding us hostage with him right now.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 859

Post#103 » by Teffer10 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:58 am

+14 on the boards...now I won't cringe so much when Hardaway gets trigger-happy.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#104 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:32 am

Luka was smiling a lot more this game...he seemed really excited by the new signings...he seems to really like the new additions which was evident in his answer,after the trades went down, when he said he was begging for a backup C for three years...If Gafford continues to Play this good he might be even starting sometimes..Mavs now have two amazing young C's and there's enough playing time for both of them...since he was drafted they tried to surround him with shooters(3 and D guys) but they failled to add some athletic players...this team now has a combination of both and could be really fun to watch
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,656

Post#105 » by Bob8 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:26 am

BliscoSantos wrote:Luka was smiling a lot more this game...he seemed really excited by the new signings...he seems to really like the new additions which was evident in his answer,after the trades went down, when he said he was begging for a backup C for three years...If Gafford continues to Play this good he might be even starting sometimes..Mavs now have two amazing young C's and there's enough playing time for both of them...since he was drafted they tried to surround him with shooters(3 and D guys) but they failled to add some athletic players...this team now has a combination of both and could be really fun to watch

We should see Gafford against classic big C, but what have we seen yesterday, he looks more dominant than Lively, which is understandable because his body is more physically ready than rookie's. I hope Kidd will know how to navigate this potentially problematic situation. Both are young, so better player should start.

I can say after first game already, he was extremely cheap, thanks Thunder. Having all those picks and not having proper backup C looks pretty stupid though.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#106 » by Teffer10 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:35 am

BliscoSantos wrote:Luka was smiling a lot more this game...he seemed really excited by the new signings...he seems to really like the new additions which was evident in his answer,after the trades went down, when he said he was begging for a backup C for three years...If Gafford continues to Play this good he might be even starting sometimes..Mavs now have two amazing young C's and there's enough playing time for both of them...since he was drafted they tried to surround him with shooters(3 and D guys) but they failled to add some athletic players...this team now has a combination of both and could be really fun to watch

We are pretty solid all the way around if Green continues to play well and everyone gets/stays healthy.

I still wouldn't mind signing Marcus Morris though for more depth on the wing.
Exum/Green/DJJ/PJ/Maxi/THJ is a good enough wing situation to hang tough in the POs but Marcus has good PO experience and brings some attitude and toughness we could use.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#107 » by Bob8 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 am

Teffer10 wrote:

We are pretty solid all the way around if Green continues to play well and everyone gets/stays healthy.

I still wouldn't mind signing Marcus Morris though for more depth on the wing.
Exum/Green/DJJ/PJ/Maxi/THJ is a good enough wing situation to hang tough in the POs but Marcus has good PO experience and brings some attitude and toughness we could use.

For offensive side maybe, but defensively half of those players can't defend wings. So yes, we should sign Morris.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 848

Post#108 » by juanc » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:38 am

Bob8 wrote:

We should see Gafford against classic big C, but what have we seen yesterday, he looks more dominant than Lively, which is understandable because his body is more physically ready than rookie's. I hope Kidd will know how to navigate this potentially problematic situation. Both are young, so better player should start.

I can say after first game already, he was extremely cheap, thanks Thunder. Having all those picks and not having proper backup C looks pretty stupid though.

Dereck Lively vs OKC this season - 20PTS, 16REB, 7BLK
Bob8
General Manager

Post#109 » by Bob8 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:01 am

juanc wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Dereck Lively vs OKC this season - 20PTS, 16REB, 7BLK

In 40 minutes. Gafford in 17.

I have said, we have to see him against classic bigs. But it's evident that his body, understandably so, is much stronger than Lively's, so he should be more able to confront strong, heavy Cs. Lively had some problems with one on one defense against them. He was much better in help D.

I'm not saying that Gafford will end as better C, I'm saying his body is more developed, which is totally normal considering age difference. In any case, great to have 2 very good defensive Cs suddenly. Smart coach can vary their minutes depending on matchups. He might even use both together for some minutes against Minnesota. That WCF might have ended differently with only 1 of them.

They have one of the easiest remaining schedules, 28th, Suns the most difficult, Kings 5th the most difficult. I hope Exum returns soon, and if they stay healthy, home court advantage might be possible, which would be huge, knowing which first 3 teams in the West most likely would be.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 932

Post#110 » by Pokuokic » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:10 am

Maxi when healthy is the most underrated big man in the NBA, impact wise he's just a beast with elite D and chips in floor spacing/easy to play with. Most the credit will go to Gafford/PJ/Luka/Kryie but Maxi is the glue to make it work on both ends. Trades really balanced out the Mavs they actually look dangerous now.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,974

Post#111 » by Mavrelous » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:17 am

Pokuokic wrote:Maxi when healthy is the most underrated big man in the NBA, impact wise he's just a beast with elite D and chips in floor spacing/easy to play with. Most the credit will go to Gafford/PJ/Luka/Kryie but Maxi is the glue to make it work on both ends. Trades really balanced out the Mavs they actually look dangerous now.

Brunson got all the hype for the Jazz series, but what Maxi did there was not any less essential.
He has 2 major problems, health and very shaky confidence, he passed up a lot of wide open shots yesterday.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#112 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:45 am

Finally they put good basketball player around Luka and this is what happened... Destroyed the best team in the west.

We are damn strong and deep, everybody look better without scrubs on the court.
Luka looked like a baby in a candy shop.

I hope the "resign all our guys everytime" fiasco is over. Fu*k Cuban and your stupid ass head.

Let's go Mavssssssssss
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#113 » by Teffer10 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:39 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Finally they put good basketball player around Luka and this is what happened... Destroyed the best team in the west.

I hope the "resign all our guys everytime" fiasco is over. Fu*k Cuban and your stupid ass head.

Let's go Mavssssssssss

Wouldn't surprise me if they try to make one big move in the offseason to solidify our wing situation though.

Depth shouldn't be our problem this year, but I'm not sure we have the pieces at wing (especially defensively) to put us over the top.
We will need to trade some of that quantity for quality I'm afraid.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 568

Post#114 » by ACMFFL » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:01 am

What a game! We annihilated a full-healthy OKC team while we were missing Lively/Exum and in spite of Foster's questionable whistles.

As good as Shai is, Luka just showed to be in a different league; Kyrie started cold but then proceeded to kill them, Gafford is a beast his rebounds were crucial; still not completely sold on PJ but he seems to be a clear-cut upgrade over Grant, definitely bigger and more well-rounded.

I dont even remember the last time we looked so dominant in the paint and on the board. Love the depth and versatily of this team, it feels so damn good to have finally size and talent in the frontcourt.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,921

Post#115 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:14 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Finally they put good basketball player around Luka and this is what happened... Destroyed the best team in the west.

Let's go Mavssssssssss

Exactly, we've been crying for years for some front court depth and wow that was fun.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:27 am

Mavrelous wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Do you know that your only contribution on this forum in last few weeks is talking about me? I'm kinda flattered but I believe that's unnecessary and not very interesting to others.

Maybe administrator can say something about unnecessary personal comments, especially if someone is not even in the conversation.

Flattered and then cry for mom and dad in the same comment?

You’re doing the same thing you consistently do. You hunt for a number on the internet, decide it’s not good enough, and then claim which players are good or bad based on that number. Pointing that out isn’t an attack.

Don't invoke family members, and stop the ad hominem.

Laughable modding, the aggressor is clearly the other party.
Read this please! Comments on moderating go to private messages
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2357380
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:30 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
Captain_Obvious wrote:Dwight going from starter to garbage minutes.

5 years too late.

It’s a great day for 41Dirk41.

For all of us really. Dallas having a very strong center rotation is amazing.

I said it the other day - we've only ever had one and we still remember the result of it.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#118 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
5 years too late.

I said it the other day - we've only ever had one and we still remember the result of it.

Beibau :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy who thinks that Powell is a good backup C :lol: :lol: :lol:

Him, the Kyrie hater, the banned Chicago Bulls guy etc etc are just troll with low basketball knowledge and a lot of very bad posts and opinions. Not even funny.
But they are special kids. So it's ok.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#119 » by BeiBeau » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:39 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Beibau :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy who thinks that Powell is a good backup C :lol: :lol: :lol:

Him, the Kyrie hater, the banned Chicago Bulls guy etc etc are just troll with low basketball knowledge and a lot of very bad posts and opinions. Not even funny.
But they are special kids. So it's ok.

I know English is not your strong suit but go back and reread all of my posts. I have always said he is good in situations, the problem is because the situations he is good in are “when you need offense” that just doesn’t come up for the Mavs very often.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,974

Post#120 » by Mavrelous » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:57 pm

Things I loved in yesterday's game:
1. Mavs lost a 22 point lead, down to 5 and ball in OKC hands, and they kept their composure, and regained the former lead and then some.
2. They had some unfavourable whistle, and they didn't let that take them out of their game.

Euphoria from the new trade played a factor, but I hope this continues.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks