ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Grizzlies (Tuesd., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Grizzlies (Tuesd., 830PMEST) 

Post#161 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:07 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Luka asked for Pablo Laso last year so i don't think he chose Kidd but probably he accepted

Laso(or any euroleague coach) wouldn't work in the NBA because the Players are babies who run the show...remember Blatt in Cleveland?LeBron didn't like to be coaches,Just like in Miami the first season...NBA Players are crybabies,when something doesn't suit them they complains to their agent and FO

Yes you are right but it happens when the FO are weak(and ours is very weak )... And Luka is a European player with European mindset so maybe it works.

Luka would probably Listen,cause he respects them and was brought up in that enviroment,but I doubt other Players would....we all know Americans trend to think they're the Best at everything
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,232

Post#162 » by Archx » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:27 pm

Mavrelous wrote:BTW there was a rumor that Luka already recommended his Real Madrid coach if Kidd is replaced, European coaches are the exact opposite of player coaches, I don't think Luka is attached to Kidd as we're making it out to be.

It's not a rumor, Laso did have talks with Mavs before the season but he's not interested in assistant job i think.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,024

Post#163 » by Mavrelous » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:BTW there was a rumor that Luka already recommended his Real Madrid coach if Kidd is replaced, European coaches are the exact opposite of player coaches, I don't think Luka is attached to Kidd as we're making it out to be.

It's not a rumor, Laso did have talks with Mavs before the season but he's not interested in assistant job i think.

What I read back then that Luka recommended him for head coach, in case Kidd fails.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#164 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:48 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

What I read back then that Luka recommended him for head coach, in case Kidd fails.

Laso is fine,he knows how to deal with stars but if I'd choose one coach from Europe I'd want Obradović(Partizan ,the Best coach in Europe) but I doubt the Players(american Players) or the league would like him...watch some tapes on YouTube,compared to him Thibs is a chihuahua
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#165 » by dirkforpres » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:03 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

Seems logical. If we free fall in the 2nd half again, I imagine Kidd gets fired and either Dudley or Laso replace him
FIRE JASON KIDD
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,869

Post#166 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

Laso is fine,he knows how to deal with stars but if I'd choose one coach from Europe I'd want Obradović(Partizan ,the Best coach in Europe) but I doubt the Players(american Players) or the league would like him...watch some tapes on YouTube,compared to him Thibs is a chihuahua

Obradovic? I give him 1 month in NBA :lol: :lol: :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,869

Post#167 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=Pt4zJJqGg_XSgRTPP0Js4g&s=19

He might be not a first option but he is a leader and we need him.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#168 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:28 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:What I read back then that Luka recommended him for head coach, in case Kidd fails.

Obradovic? I give him 1 month in NBA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, a great coach,but the sensitive american society is not a place for him...Jasikevičius has the potential to one day become an NBA coach
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Post#169 » by Maverick41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Adding insult to injury. Oh what could have been. :banghead:
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,105

Post#170 » by daoneandonly » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:57 pm

Maverick41 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Adding insult to injury. Oh what could have been. :banghead:

And yet 2 guys on our board still think we're harsh on Green and he's still solid
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Post#171 » by Maverick41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:14 pm

daoneandonly wrote:And yet 2 guys on our board still think we're harsh on Green and he's still solid

Imo the ship has sailed on giving Green a pass. It's fine for a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd year player to do what he does and still have some hope. By the 4th season, you are who you are, especially if you've been given all the opportunity to make the most out of it.

He needs to step up or I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a DNP-CD when we're fully healthy. He's been such a disappointment.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,105

Post#172 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:45 am

Maverick41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:And yet 2 guys on our board still think we're harsh on Green and he's still solid

Imo the ship has sailed on giving Green a pass. It's fine for a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd year player to do what he does and still have some hope. By the 4th season, you are who you are, especially if you've been given all the opportunity to make the most out of it.

He needs to step up or I wouldn't be surprised at all if he becomes a DNP-CD when we're fully healthy. He's been such a disappointment.

Couldn't have said it any better, touche
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,692

Post#173 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:06 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I don't think you know what a horrible game means? ;)

We've been watching him for 6 years, he can put up great stats while playing bad, he had a good statline yesterday, it was a horrible game.

And how do we call a game when someone plays bad and has disastrous stats?

For example, how would you call, 15/1/6, 4/13 shooting and your team loosing by almost 40?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#174 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:09 am

Bob8 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:We've been watching him for 6 years, he can put up great stats while playing bad, he had a good statline yesterday, it was a horrible game.

For example, how would you call, 15/1/6, 4/13 shooting and your team loosing by almost 40?

Steph? Also horrible, but playstyle is different , so the stats are different
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager

Post#175 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:20 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Efficient scoring is a trade mark for Steph, so this is really horrible. We have Trae scoring 28 with 7/22 in 43 minutes yesterday, which is horrible indeed, but his teammates did enough to win.

Mavs' success is not limited by Luka/Kyrie but by supporting cast. Nobody can play perfectly every night, but they kinda must, if Mavs want to win.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#176 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:14 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Efficient scoring is a trade mark for Steph, so this is really horrible. We have Trae scoring 28 with 7/22 in 43 minutes yesterday, which is horrible indeed, but his teammates did enough to win.

Mavs' success is not limited by Luka/Kyrie but by supporting cast. Nobody can play perfectly every night, but they kinda must, if Mavs want to win.

The difference between Luka/Trae and Steph is that Steph is an off ball player half the time, Luka and Trae control the ball, if they are bad, wiht having the ball, other players can't do much.
How many possesions against the Grizz other players had the ball to initiate offense? Only one was Hardy with one the other 2 on the bench.
Steph is also having his worst season since 2014, is this the bar we want to compare to?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#177 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:17 am

Maverick41 wrote:

I'm not defending Green, but this game wasn't on him, Grizzlies asked Luka and Kyrie to beat them, and allowed them to iso, and Kidd didn't attempt to respond, defensively, while wasn't brilliant, he was far from being the problem, insistence on micro ball was.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#178 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:43 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Steph? Also horrible, but playstyle is different , so the stats are different

The difference between Luka/Trae and Steph is that Steph is an off ball player half the time, Luka and Trae control the ball, if they are bad, wiht having the ball, other players can't do much.
How many possesions against the Grizz other players had the ball to initiate offense? Only one was Hardy with one the other 2 on the bench.
Steph is also having his worst season since 2014, is this the bar we want to compare to?

I'm sure you're better than that and understand what kind of gravity Steph provides with his shooting. I hope you don't have him as classic off ball player. Curry having off game is as devastating for Warriors as it is for Mavs, when Luka has it.

I'm trying to explain to you that you don't want others to initiate half court offense, because they're totally incapable of doing that. In games like that, they should do exactly what Grizzlies role players have done, second opportunities points, D and rebounding. For example second chance points were 8/21. If it would be vice versa, Mavs would have won 116:107.

Bane has attempted 27 shots for 32 points and had only 4 assists, Luka 21 shots for 31 points and 6 assists. By your logic Bane had horrible game too. The only difference was that their role players got their shots in dirty way, by rebounding. And there's another thing, Bane doesn't need babysitting in offense by his star like Josh needs.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#179 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:53 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:

I'm not defending Green, but this game wasn't on him, Grizzlies asked Luka and Kyrie to beat them, and allowed them to iso, and Kidd didn't attempt to respond, defensively, while wasn't brilliant, he was far from being the problem, insistence on micro ball was.

Every starter with 0/3/0 stats is a problem. Maybe Grizzlies wouldn't be successful in their strategy, if Josh could create something for himself or others. And D on Luka and Kyrie was very good, what we for sure can't say for Mavs' D, where Josh should be the leader. Nobody can have that low expectations for Nba starter.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#180 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:03 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:Imo the ship has sailed on giving Green a pass. It's fine for a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd year player to do what he does and still have some hope. By the 4th season, you are who you are, especially if you've been given all the opportunity to make the most out of it.

Every starter with 0/3/0 stats is a problem. Maybe Grizzlies wouldn't be successful in their strategy, if Josh could create something for himself or others. And D on Luka and Kyrie was very good, what we for sure can't say for Mavs' D, where Josh should be the leader. Nobody can have that low expectations for Nba starter.

What I eatched was the 2 stas going 1 on 1 and not involving anyone else, the only guys who tried were DJJ and Hardy, maybe Green wasn't assertive enough, but Luka and Kyrie played right into Grizzlies strategy.

Return to Dallas Mavericks