ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Knicks (Thursd., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Knicks (Thursd., 830PMEST) 

Post#21 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:09 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Kyrie/Green/THJ/Hardy can outplay to match Knicks backcourt on a good day, even though Brunson thrives on small backcourts and feasts of them, Powell on a good day can match IHart, Randle is tough match up physically for full sized PFs, with Mavs midgets, it'll be a massacre, praying for a miracle.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not, but im sorry, the Mavs have no shot here. Hartenstein alone will probably destroy us, especially with Powell and Grant looking like crap more times than not. Mavs have no defenders to put on Brunson and OG will be locked onto Kyrie all night. Our only hope is that THJ and Grant figure their s*** out, but lets be realistic... This game will likely be decided far enough in advance that neither team will have any starters in for the 4th.

My only real hope out of this impending loss is that it triggers a much needed trade
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,015

Post#22 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:14 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Kyrie/Green/THJ/Hardy can outplay to match Knicks backcourt on a good day, even though Brunson thrives on small backcourts and feasts of them, Powell on a good day can match IHart, Randle is tough match up physically for full sized PFs, with Mavs midgets, it'll be a massacre, praying for a miracle.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not, but im sorry, the Mavs have no shot here. Hartenstein alone will probably destroy us, especially with Powell and Grant looking like crap more times than not. Mavs have no defenders to put on Brunson and OG will be locked onto Kyrie all night. Our only hope is that THJ and Grant figure their s*** out, but lets be realistic... This game will likely be decided far enough in advance that neither team will have any starters in for the 4th.

My only real hope out of this impending loss is that it triggers a much needed trade

There's always a shot, like THJ goes 12-19 from 3, but I'm not saying Mavs aren't massive underdogs, I'm saying that even in the rosiest scenario where Mavs backcourt somehow hangs with Knicks backcourt and Powell could hang with IHart, Mavs still would have no answer for Randle.
I'd put DJJ on Brunson, and switch everything, but to have switch heavy lineup, you give up size and strength to guard Randle.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#23 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:20 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

There's always a shot, like THJ goes 12-19 from 3, but I'm not saying Mavs aren't massive underdogs, I'm saying that even in the rosiest scenario where Mavs backcourt somehow hangs with Knicks backcourt and Powell could hang with IHart, Mavs still would have no answer for Randle.

Never all that worried about Randle, even though he always torches us. The Mavs are just always the team that lets role players beat them... So this will probably be the game where Quentin Grimes, Josh Hart, and Donte Divencenzo all shred us.

Honestly, I actually kind of hope it turns into a massacre at home. Maybe thats what it takes to trigger Nico into making some changes. I find it pretty embarrassing that we havent even picked up a stopgap FA center after what is now 2 Dereck Lively injuries
FIRE JASON KIDD
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Post#24 » by tleikheen » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:13 pm

The Mavs will get bullied and manhandled in the paint by the Knicks frontline.

If Luka ,Exum amd Lively were playing with Kyrie and DJJ they would control the pace and make this a high scoring game favoring the Mavs.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#25 » by Archx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:Unfourtunately the Mavs FO is gonna figure out that Kidd sucks too late.... they're already blaming the Players(which is fine to some degree) ,but changing the Players won't help Kidd become a better coach...he Just doesn't have it in him...he's a good assistant but a terrible Head coach

Fully agree with this. Kidd is actually a great assistant coach who has great connection with players, it's just that he's a horrible XO guy and is simply not a head coach material.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#26 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:00 am

ejs78 wrote:Luka-out
Lively-Doubtful
Exum-out
Williams-Questionable
Maxi-doubtful

Williams will play the rest no.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#27 » by ozwizard8 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:42 am

BliscoSantos wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again,the worst thing that happened to this team was getting to the WCF...sure it was fun but it made them think they were only a few role Players away from contending when in reality they had some luck (CP3 suddenly falling off a cliff, Suns crumbling)...they thought the team and the coach were great and that they'll be ok and then next season reality hit....now they keep on saying they need time to improve the roster(which I get) ,but even with upgrades(better players) I don't think Kidd and this coaching staff are up for the task...as Long as Mavs had Kokoškov(a great assistant) thinks were ok,now it's Just a mess...Kidd keeps blaming the Players,when he has no gameplan or set plays whatsoever

This argument is fundamentally wrong.
Mavs did not invest in WCF lineup. They let Brunson go, didnt even try to outbid Knicks. 5-6 months later they traded half of the main rotation away for Kyrie.

WCF was good but Cuban acting like he is the smartest guy in the room was wrong. Cuban did this to the champion team. He let Tyson Chandler go to Knicks and be a DPOY there. Now with Brunson…

Mavs has not been managed well in Luka era. More tanking was needed. KP investment + max deal was premature and overpaid one. Then Josh Richardson was a wrong move.
The biggest mistake was probably not paying for Brunson but investing all for Kyrie.
- Texas had Brunson who was an effective player, a hardworker.
* State of NY had Kyrie. A mess, huge headache that looks ecstatic when he plays every now and then.

For some reason Dallas imported the headache and Knicks have the good hardworking guy. Should’ve been opposite…
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Post#28 » by Maverick41 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:45 am

Mavrelous wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Luka-out
Lively-Doubtful
Exum-out
Williams-Questionable
Maxi-doubtful

Williams will play the rest no.

I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to rest G-Will just to avoid him killing his trade value further. The guy looks like he had his powers sucked out of him like in Space Jam or something. Last 10 games:

5 pts/3 rebs on 31% from 3

He's shooting just 31% from 3 in his last 25 games too. This is next level awfulness on full display. If he needs rest for an injury or whatever, take all the time you need because this current version is doing nothing but hurting the team.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,039

Post#29 » by Apz » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:48 am

Oh well, ozwizard is here with his revisioned history again. Better go to bed i think
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#30 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:46 am

Good idea to full court pressure using Green, Australian NT utilized it.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#31 » by BliscoSantos » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:47 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again,the worst thing that happened to this team was getting to the WCF...sure it was fun but it made them think they were only a few role Players away from contending when in reality they had some luck (CP3 suddenly falling off a cliff, Suns crumbling)...they thought the team and the coach were great and that they'll be ok and then next season reality hit....now they keep on saying they need time to improve the roster(which I get) ,but even with upgrades(better players) I don't think Kidd and this coaching staff are up for the task...as Long as Mavs had Kokoškov(a great assistant) thinks were ok,now it's Just a mess...Kidd keeps blaming the Players,when he has no gameplan or set plays whatsoever

This argument is fundamentally wrong.
Mavs did not invest in WCF lineup. They let Brunson go, didnt even try to outbid Knicks. 5-6 months later they traded half of the main rotation away for Kyrie.

WCF was good but Cuban acting like he is the smartest guy in the room was wrong. Cuban did this to the champion team. He let Tyson Chandler go to Knicks and be a DPOY there. Now with Brunson…

Mavs has not been managed well in Luka era. More tanking was needed. KP investment + max deal was premature and overpaid one. Then Josh Richardson was a wrong move.
The biggest mistake was probably not paying for Brunson but investing all for Kyrie.
- Texas had Brunson who was an effective player, a hardworker.
* State of NY had Kyrie. A mess, huge headache that looks ecstatic when he plays every now and then.

For some reason Dallas imported the headache and Knicks have the good hardworking guy. Should’ve been opposite…

They let Brunson go cause they thought Frank was gonna take on a bigger role(Just because of one good playoff series against Suns)...DFS was worse the next season and Reggie and Maxi were washed...they gave up Dodo cause they had nothing else Brooklyn wanted,they knew Reggie and Kleber were worse Players and didn't want them... Dinwiddie gave you what you get from Exum,,it's Just that Exum provides less firepower and better D...if you think that that team would have been a real contender even if they kept the same team ,with JB and Dodo(Reggie and Maxi Both Look like they're cooked) and without upgrading the SF and C position and the bench...I also think that Luka and Kai are a better fit,cause Both Luka and JB canty playoff off ball and Kyrie can
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#32 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:52 am

That was an offensive foul on Randle.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#33 » by Archx » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:54 am

Death, taxes and Powell gets hit in the face. Absolutely incredible.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by BliscoSantos » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:54 am

What a surprise ,Powell got hit in the Head...with all the statistics the american reporters Love to make,why does no one do a stat about the player who gets hit in the Head the most...I'm sure Powell is by far the Best in that category,the undisputed number one...I mean,how?every single game
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#35 » by ejs78 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:54 am

Just turned on to see Powell go to the locker room after getting hit in the face. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#36 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:56 am

Midget ball again...
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by ejs78 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:56 am

ejs78 wrote:Just turned on to see Powell go to the locker room after getting hit in the face. Lol

Phew he's back on the bench

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Post#38 » by Maverick41 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:57 am

Love Green's aggressiveness! This is how he should be playing all the time.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by BliscoSantos » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:59 am

ejs78 wrote:Just turned on to see Powell go to the locker room after getting hit in the face. Lol

It's weird how many blows to the head he gets...I mean, there's a video of him running down the Hall to the court and he jumps in the air and hits his head on the wall above the door...how do you do that,don't you watch what's ahead of you
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by ejs78 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:01 am

BliscoSantos wrote:

It's weird how many blows to the head he gets...I mean, there's a video of him running down the Hall to the court and he jumps in the air and hits his head on the wall above the Dior...how do you do that,don't you watch what's ahead of you
Saw that lol and how doesn't he ever get a concussion?

Return to Dallas Mavericks