ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Warriors (Sat., 8:30 PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,015

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Warriors (Sat., 8:30 PMEST) 

Post#41 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:17 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Finally a win, great games Exum (hope he's OK looks like he got injured), Luka and Green.

When was that? He looked fine right until the very end?

Last few seconds, he went to bench hobbling.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#42 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:18 am

Mavrelous wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Finally a win, great games Exum (hope he's OK looks like he got injured), Luka and Green.

When was that? He looked fine right until the very end?

Last few seconds, he went to bench hobbling.

Ah crap, missed that. Fingers crossed then, time to get healthier not compile more injuries.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#43 » by mediocrityrules » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:20 am

I'm loving Exum's game since he's been given minutes. You guys have a steal with him. He's up to the top 10 in the league on TS% (.657).

Definitely showing why he was a top 5 draft pick.
Circling calendars since 2021
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#44 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:36 am

Heck of a win tonight on the road by our beloved Mavs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Dali
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#45 » by Dali » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:57 am

Nice win tonight.

Luka was Luka again, main thing is for all of us is that we don't take him for granted. He does this every game, and he's just incredible.

The Aussie boys did really well and I'm on cloud 9 right now. They still didn't grab a rebound but I'm going to give them a pass for today. Josh was very aggressive and when he was attacking the rim he wasn't just laying it up, he was dunking that ball man, good to see. Dante had an incredible game today. Both offensively and defensively. The way he defended Steph was a masterpiece, and it might go under the radar on just how good he was on Steph, and I give DJJ big credit too because he guarded Steph a little as well.

I like Grant tonight, looked engaged, got rebounds and hit shots.

I really like Lively today too, some poor peformances recently, but bounced back well today, well done.

Good win.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#46 » by kacey ring » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:40 am

Lots of great individual performances tonight! Gotta love it!!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#47 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:07 am

Great W and great game by everybody not named Dwight Powell (he is still the weak link of the team).

GSW played old NBA basket, small ball doesn't work in these days.
You must have size in the frontcourt or you will be destroyed.

Luka controlled the game like usual, he is incredible.
Finally Green showed something.
Exum, G-Will and Lively very solid.

We still need a starting big wing and a backup C, the market is open and Nico has to prove that he can make his job.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:35 am

;t=320s

So sounds like Green had the same type injury last year already and it was even worse? I don't recall that. Also odd how the Mavs and him are so reserved about talking about it. Certainly explains this season so far.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#49 » by daoneandonly » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:37 am

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

You probably have very mixed feelings about this game for a specific reason. But at least Mavs won :D

I'm always happy when the Mavs win. The team success is my biggest desire. Josh played well, but we did this Thanksgiving Arch, because that's the last time he played well. Let's see next game, because Mr Inconsistent likely will turnover and no show again. Again glad they won.

But I can't understand how someone who plays 25 minutes also can't register a single rebound, block, or steal
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#50 » by daoneandonly » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:42 am

Luka Lively and Exum are winners. But man we need wings to complete the core
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#51 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:57 am

daoneandonly wrote:
But I can't understand how someone who plays 25 minutes also can't register a single rebound, block, or steal

He was very good yesterday, not what he was last year defensively, but at least on track, and offensively he was confident and more composed (except in 1 or 2 fastbreaks).
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#52 » by daoneandonly » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:27 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

He was very good yesterday, not what he was last year defensively, but at least on track, and offensively he was confident and more composed (except in 1 or 2 fastbreaks).

Glad to hear it. I hope he'll continue that, but history suggests he wont
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,936

Post#53 » by Dirk » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:55 pm

Josh Green.

60/21/10
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#54 » by daoneandonly » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:07 pm

Dirk wrote:Josh Green.

If we can get this Green who's also locked in defensively, this team is much different. We all want that, yes including me. The problem is he doesn't put up many games like this. So many guys drafted in his class show so much more consistency, so he gas no excuse. Heck Tor just traded OG for one such guy
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#55 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:15 pm

The pass to Hardaway is a highlight here, but it's one of the major problems with him, he goes ultra-fast on fastbreaks, if he meets resistance, he jumps in the air and looks for a pass, which results in TOs sometimes (and highlights sometimes), he needs to learn to play with his feet on the ground.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 862

Post#56 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:01 pm

Mavrelous wrote:

The pass to Hardaway is a highlight here, but it's one of the major problems with him, he goes ultra-fast on fastbreaks, if he meets resistance, he jumps in the air and looks for a pass, which results in TOs sometimes (and highlights sometimes), he needs to learn to play with his feet on the ground.

Josh reminds me of a young Devin Harris.

It took a few years for Devin to let his skills catch up to his athleticism, speed, and style of play.
He basically had to learn when to slow and when to go.

I'm hoping the same will be true for Josh but time is ticking.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#57 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:21 pm

Teffer10 wrote:Josh reminds me of a young Devin Harris.

It took a few years for Devin to let his skills catch up to his athleticism, speed, and style of play.

Yep, Devin was much better athlete, better leaper, much better 1st step and more powerful, Green is very fast, Green is already better shooter than Devin ever was OTOH.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,245

Post#58 » by BeiBeau » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:59 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

You probably have very mixed feelings about this game for a specific reason. But at least Mavs won :D

I'm always happy when the Mavs win. The team success is my biggest desire. Josh played well, but we did this Thanksgiving Arch, because that's the last time he played well. Let's see next game, because Mr Inconsistent likely will turnover and no show again. Again glad they won.

I don’t understand why any of us pretend to respect any part of his opinions.

He clearly chooses what argument he wants to make and then picks the numbers and facts he wants to back it up with. It’s blatant bias at best and lying at worse.

Yes Josh has been inconsistent all year and we all know this. But saying “only good game since thanksgiving” is not an intelligent way to say only good game out of the last 6.

And “how does someone who plays 25 minutes also can’t register a single rebound, block, or steal” is just him going to the box score and looking for zeros so that he can complain. Not to mention that Josh was good on defense or that Exum who has been great played 34 minutes and got 0 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 1 steal. That 1 steal in an extra 9 minutes really makes a difference.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#59 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:06 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Josh reminds me of a young Devin Harris.

Yep, Devin was much better athlete, better leaper, much better 1st step and more powerful, Green is very fast, Green is already better shooter than Devin ever was OTOH.

Agree.

Josh needs exp and some muscles... He is too weak right now.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:12 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:

I don’t understand why any of us pretend to respect any part of his opinions.

He clearly chooses what argument he wants to make and then picks the numbers and facts he wants to back it up with. It’s blatant bias at best and lying at worse.

Yes Josh has been inconsistent all year and we all know this. But saying “only good game since thanksgiving” is not an intelligent way to say only good game out of the last 6.

And “how does someone who plays 25 minutes also can’t register a single rebound, block, or steal” is just him going to the box score and looking for zeros so that he can complain. Not to mention that Josh was good on defense or that Exum who has been great played 34 minutes and got 0 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 1 steal. That 1 steal in an extra 9 minutes really makes a difference.

Oh we don't, *edit* and fake Mavs fan.

Return to Dallas Mavericks