ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Lakers (Wed., 8:30 PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,185

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Lakers (Wed., 8:30 PMEST) 

Post#41 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:39 am

Another example that Luka and Kyrie cannot coexist to be successful.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#42 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:39 am

FYI:

Read on Twitter
?t=ADfGzxSCDIDF0WU3Pq_SiA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#43 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:29 am

27% from 3?
We can't win even against a G-League squad. No plan B. No coach. Small line up all night long.

Nothing news. Boring.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 862

Post#44 » by Teffer10 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:28 am

Hardaway 12 pts in 28 mins tells me all I need to know about the outcome of the game.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:34 am

Teffer10 wrote:Hardaway 12 pts in 28 mins tells me all I need to know about the outcome of the game.

We are in 2024, i think nobody need to learn how to use o what can do THJ.

He is a streaky shooter who can fired up some games and be ice cold the next one.
A good team can't rely too much on his performance, he is a good 6-8th rotation guy under a capable coach who can understand when let him play and when bury him on the bench.

Curry and Hardy played bad all season and i'm start to thinking that they are pretty useless for us.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,015

Post#46 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:46 am

The looks were good, they just missed, I'll just chalk this out as not their day.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#47 » by Archx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:50 am

GermanFan120 wrote:Another example that Luka and Kyrie cannot coexist to be successful.

Well, tbh if you judge by their last game, both can't co-exist with any player that is not Lively. Mavs were shooting 27% from 3 on a high volume. They shoot in their averages and the outcome could have been completely different.

I'm actually ok if Mavs just get healthy and not make a trade but instead fire Kidd. That's the best thing Mavs could do at the moment. Get a proper offensive coordinator in and actually run plays for days like these when Timmy randomly decides to go from looking like Ray Allen to Smush Parker.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,936

Post#48 » by Dirk » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:59 am

5 point swing :noway: to many of them.

Would be cool if they approached games in LA as not exhibition games.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM

Post#49 » by Archx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:16 am

Dirk wrote:Would be cool if they approached games in LA as not exhibition games.

They didn't look sluggish, to me at least and i actually thought they played with good energy. I think Ham simply outcoached Kidd, which is a tragedy on it's own lol and they missed way too much. Lebron plowing into Kyrie at the start also wasn't ideal.

Also worth noting. They had 2 bench points at the half if i remember correctly (Grant 2ft's). THJ absolutely needs to go back to bench because they lack firepower. But Kidd apparently gave him a choice to start or be the 6th guy, obviously he wanted to start. Kyrie, Luka and THJ vs Lakers big size and athleticism? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,686

Post#50 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:31 am

Archx wrote:
Dirk wrote:Would be cool if they approached games in LA as not exhibition games.

They didn't look sluggish, to me at least and i actually thought they played with good energy. I think Ham simply outcoached Kidd, which is a tragedy on it's own lol and they missed way too much. Lebron plowing into Kyrie at the start also wasn't ideal.

Also worth noting. They had 2 bench points at the half if i remember correctly (Grant 2ft's). THJ absolutely needs to go back to bench because they lack firepower. But Kidd apparently gave him a choice to start or be the 6th guy, obviously he wanted to start. Kyrie, Luka and THJ vs Lakers big size and athleticism? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.

I have a feeling that Kyrie is tired, he didn't only miss shots but he couldn't get any kind of separation either, so majority of his shots were very difficult.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#51 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:08 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

I have a feeling that Kyrie is tired, he didn't only miss shots but he couldn't get any kind of separation either, so majority of his shots were very difficult.

This reminds me of Carmelo Anthony's last two years with Knicks and Thunder. Whenever he had 1-2 game absences or a couple of days break, he'd return strong and start to make his shots efficiently. I guess Kemba/Iverson can be another example. Some players getting injections or draining fluid from their knee.

Knee injuries and getting old catching up. They cannot play with that athleticism many games in a row.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:17 pm

Archx wrote:

- Mavs won 3 games against Lakers and if you ask Laker fans they're saying Kidd outcoached Ham.
- Lakers won 1 game against Mavs and Mavs fans saying Ham outcoached Kidd.

Easy to blame the coach. 1st quarter was going good with Lively playing. As soon as he was out and rotation players get into the game, Mavs defense fell down. Defects were shown.
Kleber-Powell looks bad. Not playing Holmes makes me think Holmes is not doing good at practice. There is a reason Holmes could not find playing time last year as well.

Btw, C.Wood still sucks. Some people here was cursing Kidd for Wood :lol:
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:26 pm

Mavs paying $60m/year for THJ-kyrie duo. Last game they were both making their shots and won the game.
Tonight, THJ shots 5/17, Kyrie 4/16. I am not sure if Kidd is responsible for the shooting discrepancy in these two. Hardaway has been like this all his career. Kyrie is old with injuries, so he cannot sustain a good level of form and he feels he is the superstar so he'll keep shooting.

THJ and Kyrie can both score 40+ one game and then **** the bed other game. I dont care about their ups and downs.
Its just the roster balance issue. Their marginal value on a Luka team is limited. Lively's marginal value to a Luka team is immense. If suddenly Aaron Gordon, PG13 etc would join Mavs, they'd offer more than thj-kyrie for the Mavs team.

Luka (37mpg)
Kyrie (33 mpg)
THJ (29 mpg)

Grant (27 mpg)
DJJ (26 mpg)
Green (25 mpg)
Lively (25 mpg)
Exum (19.5 mpg)

In the main rotation, three players get total $100m/year
Next five players get total of $26m/year

(Luka-Kyrie-THJ) PG-SG players get a total $100m/year
(Grant, Green, DJJ, Lively) SF-PF-C players get a total $23m/year
Archx
RealGM

Post#54 » by Archx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:30 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Easy to blame the coach. 1st quarter was going good with Lively playing. As soon as he was out and rotation players get into the game, Mavs defense fell down. Defects were shown.

Kidd is a moron coach who gets exposed anytime Mavs 3's are not falling. 1v5 take turn offense from Luka and Kyrie will only take you so far. THJ was probably best Lakers player along with AD and if he's not coming from the bench, Mavs simply have no firepower to match opposing teams. And when Lively sits, teams simply feast under the rim, which was more than evident in the 3rd Q when Lakers started a huge run with Lively on the bench.

I agree, it's incredibly easy to blame the coach.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:59 pm

I can only imagine how it's hard can write on this board only when Irving has a bad game.

Funny guy :lol:
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:38 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

- Mavs won 3 games against Lakers and if you ask Laker fans they're saying Kidd outcoached Ham.
- Lakers won 1 game against Mavs and Mavs fans saying Ham outcoached Kidd.

Kleber-Powell looks bad. Not playing Holmes makes me think Holmes is not doing good at practice. There is a reason Holmes could not find playing time last year as well.

Btw, C.Wood still sucks. Some people here was cursing Kidd for Wood
4/80 for Wood still gets me every time

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:35 pm

No game vs the Warriors on Friday.

Next game Monday vs the Cs and hopefully everyone is healthy
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,185

Post#58 » by GermanFan120 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:29 am

Archx wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Another example that Luka and Kyrie cannot coexist to be successful.

Well, tbh if you judge by their last game, both can't co-exist with any player that is not Lively. Mavs were shooting 27% from 3 on a high volume. They shoot in their averages and the outcome could have been completely different.

I'm actually ok if Mavs just get healthy and not make a trade but instead fire Kidd. That's the best thing Mavs could do at the moment. Get a proper offensive coordinator in and actually run plays for days like these when Timmy randomly decides to go from looking like Ray Allen to Smush Parker.

You cannot say fire Kidd without mentioning who is the successor. Doc? Hell no.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Archx
RealGM

Post#59 » by Archx » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:44 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Doc? :o Where did you find him?

My pick would be Pablo Laso.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#60 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:55 pm

Archx wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Doc? :o Where did you find him?

My pick would be Pablo Laso.

Laso would be great, KIdd is a bottom tier coach, not many outside of Doc are worse

Return to Dallas Mavericks