ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Nuggets (9 PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,693

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Nuggets (9 PM EST) 

Post#61 » by Bob8 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:17 am

Dali wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
He's a bad shooter, that won't change. Exum's shot looks much better than his.

Yes, he averages career high in all stats probably, he can't do much better.

Dante has been classified as a bad shooter and when he was shooting sub 30 percent he deserved the criticism that he got because it's not acceptable.

I don't care whether we think DJJ is a good or bad shooter, he's shooting 15 percent from 3 in his last 5 or 6 and that is truly unacceptable for a guy who shoots them at a decently high number per game. Lets keep the same energy in our criticism with players on this team. There is no excuse for shooting that awful percentage even for a guy who who probably averages slightly over 30 percent for his career.

With Exum the consensus was 'he's not shooting well from 3 and he will need to shoot better to stay in the rotation'. Now with DJJ it's 'oh well, he cant do much better, so its fine'. I don't accept this hypocracy.

We were unanimous when we said Exum's 3 points shooting is unacceptable when he only shot 28 percent, so lets not be hypocrits and lets be unanimous with DJJ too and agree that 15 percent isn't acceptable. He has credit in the bank though and I'm more than willing to see if he can get himself out of this shooting slump.

You didn't understand me. I'm saying he's a bad shooter, meaning his average will be slightly over 30%, like it was his all career. And you can't expect consistency from bad shooters. So he will have some great games and some awful ones.

DJJ/Josh/Grant are all bench players in contenders, because they're too limited. They're playing as starters only because Mavs are lacking at least 2 starters.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,871

Post#62 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:56 am

Dali wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
He's a bad shooter, that won't change. Exum's shot looks much better than his.

Yes, he averages career high in all stats probably, he can't do much better.

Dante has been classified as a bad shooter and when he was shooting sub 30 percent he deserved the criticism that he got because it's not acceptable.

I don't care whether we think DJJ is a good or bad shooter, he's shooting 15 percent from 3 in his last 5 or 6 and that is truly unacceptable for a guy who shoots them at a decently high number per game. Lets keep the same energy in our criticism with players on this team. There is no excuse for shooting that awful percentage even for a guy who who probably averages slightly over 30 percent for his career.

With Exum the consensus was 'he's not shooting well from 3 and he will need to shoot better to stay in the rotation'. Now with DJJ it's 'oh well, he cant do much better, so its fine'. I don't accept this hypocracy.

We were unanimous when we said Exum's 3 points shooting is unacceptable when he only shot 28 percent, so lets not be hypocrits and lets be unanimous with DJJ too and agree that 15 percent isn't acceptable. He has credit in the bank though and I'm more than willing to see if he can get himself out of this shooting slump.

Wait wait you missed the point here :lol:

Me and Bob didn't justify DJJ, he is a role player at best. Maybe a 10minutes guy for a contender.

Absolutely not a starter but our FO thinked that we don't need a PF :banghead:

Exum is a better basketball player than him but his playing time is still determinated by his shooting % who was his bigger issue (of course healthy too).

Nobody here compared DJJ to Exum, you are a little bit obsessed :lol:
Dali
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#63 » by Dali » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 am

I am fine with being obsessed when it comes to defending my Aussies when they deserve to be defended. And I won't change. I am also very fair however.

Green for example, I've been VERY disappointed in him and for the most part he hasn't deserved minutes, at all. Which is a tough thing to say, but tough love, as they say. For the majority, he hasn't even looked like an NBA player, and that hurts to say, but it's true.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,105

Post#64 » by daoneandonly » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:38 pm

Dali wrote:I am fine with being obsessed when it comes to defending my Aussies when they deserve to be defended. And I won't change. I am also very fair however.

Green for example, I've been VERY disappointed in him and for the most part he hasn't deserved minutes, at all. Which is a tough thing to say, but tough love, as they say. For the majority, he hasn't even looked like an NBA player, and that hurts to say, but it's true.

Speak TRUTH!!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,871

Post#65 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:45 pm

Dali wrote:I am fine with being obsessed when it comes to defending my Aussies when they deserve to be defended. And I won't change. I am also very fair however.

I'm not fine if you talk about "hypocrisy" when nobody here but you compared DJJ to Exum or their situations.

Return to Dallas Mavericks