ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Jazz (Mond., 9 PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Jazz (Mond., 9 PMEST) 

Post#61 » by Maverick41 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:22 am

We're now the 7th seed and dangerously close to being a play in team. We do not have the luxury of messing around with teams like this.

Also Grant Williams has become unplayable. In his last 20 games, this is his numbers:

7/4/2 on 29.9% from 3.

That's just not acceptable.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,685

Post#62 » by Forbes » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:24 am

I missed the game but the box score is disgusting. I don’t even wanna see the highlights.
I wonder why Kyrie didn’t take more shots.

I hate these type of losses.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,013

Post#63 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:55 am

Embarrassing...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 862

Post#64 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 8:23 am

Exum 12 mins....did he get hurt?
Kyrie 9 boards? Wow...our new center.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,013

Post#65 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 2, 2024 8:58 am

They are racking embarrassing losses at worrying paces (Raptors, Pelicans, Grizzlies, Clippers at home, Cavs, Jazz) and losing standings, west is unforgiving, Mavs have 7 games homestand, no B2Bs, they need to make their statement there, 6-1 at least, otherwise, it's the same crap from last year...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#66 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:47 am

Forbes wrote:I missed the game but the box score is disgusting. I don’t even wanna see the highlights.

Same here, not entirely sure what happened there. There's 0 excuses to lose to the Jazz with this roster let alone lose in such a fashion.

They better swing a trade soon and consolidate some of the bottom of the roster. But knowing the Mavs FO we'll probably overpay for another guard rather than addressing the big man and big wing problems.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#67 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:08 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Forbes wrote:I missed the game but the box score is disgusting. I don’t even wanna see the highlights.

Same here, not entirely sure what happened there. There's 0 excuses to lose to the Jazz with this roster let alone lose in such a fashion.

They better swing a trade soon and consolidate some of the bottom of the roster. But knowing the Mavs FO we'll probably overpay for another guard rather than addressing the big man and big wing problems.

There are not enough assets and salaries to trade to improve SF-PF-C positions.
Mavs already paying $100m/year for PG/SG rotation.

Answer is simple. Trade max player and invest that money for the frontcourt.

Mavs team defense is better without Kyrie. On offense, multiple players are doing well enough without Kyrie.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#68 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:17 am

Maverick41 wrote:We're now the 7th seed and dangerously close to being a play in team. We do not have the luxury of messing around with teams like this.

Looking at the top 3 of each conference, those teams have solid size and or rim protection. In playoffs, it will matter as well. I dont think Luka will be happy with entering playoffs at 6th seed and losing in first round against Denver.

PHX is at 8th seed with Durant+Booker+Beal lineup. They got four wins against relatively easy teams after they lost to Luka Mavs.
I dont know if they'd finish 5th seed or 10th but it does not look good for a team that invested everything to 'win now'.

All offensive team is not the answer. You do not need to be 2003 Detroit Pistons to win but you need to be average rebounding and defensive team to go further in the playoffs.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#69 » by Archx » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:26 am

I also stopped watching in the 1st half already :D

They played disgusting offense. Luka and Kyrie taking turns 1v5, while Luka was still finding open guys Kyrie was just chucking over 2 defenders, bad shot after bad shot, he was terrible.

I'll say this, i miss Kokoskov, Kidd is so far over his head it's not even funny anymore at this point. There are also some players that kinda simply don't fit. Starting with Grant to THJ and all the way down to Powell. This team needs WAY MORE real talent and entirely new coaching staff. They simply have to reset everything. They look great when Luka has his Luka games otherwise it's a total disaster.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#70 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:31 pm

They say you miss 100% of the shots you never take in life.

Good thing we took Josh Green who missed 100% of the shots he did take last night.

WHat a pathetic team game. There was a post where someone (maybe ejs) said Luka shows up hungover at times, I thought he said it in jest, but now im starting to wonder. Does he have some type of issue with alcohol?

A repeat of last year, where we lose games that should be easy wins. With Ja Morant back now, the West just keeps getting better, and Mavs arent serious. I hope the new ownership change happens soon and they oust Cuban, Nico, and Kidd as soon as the ink is dry.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#71 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:59 pm

daoneandonly wrote:They say you miss 100% of the shots you never take in life.

Good thing we took Josh Green who missed 100% of the shots he did take last night.

WHat a pathetic team game. There was a post where someone (maybe ejs) said Luka shows up hungover at times, I thought he said it in jest, but now im starting to wonder. Does he have some type of issue with alcohol?

A repeat of last year, where we lose games that should be easy wins. With Ja Morant back now, the West just keeps getting better, and Mavs arent serious. I hope the new ownership change happens soon and they oust Cuban, Nico, and Kidd as soon as the ink is dry.

Me too.

I think there are 2 options... Luka had a party or Luka was injuried. No more.

He can barely walk and tried just to launch 3s to save his life. His attitude was awful.
It is not acceptable what happens even he is Luka Doncic.

I can understand a fake rest day than this bull s h i t.

This organization is a joke, they can't allow situation like that... Plus there is the Kidd situation(he is worse game by game) and a roster full of guards and mediocre wings when the NBA is changed and teams need size. But we didn't understand yet.

Kidd played with Luka-Kyrie-Hardy-THJ-Lively :lol: :lol: :lol:
In Europe this **** would clean the toilets not coach a professional basketball team.

The face of this shameless is Mark Cuban, one of the least competent owners in the league.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#72 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:44 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:They say you miss 100% of the shots you never take in life.

Me too.

I think there are 2 options... Luka had a party or Luka was injuried. No more.

He can barely walk and tried just to launch 3s to save his life. His attitude was awful.
It is not acceptable what happens even he is Luka Doncic.

I can understand a fake rest day than this bull s h i t.

This organization is a joke, they can't allow situation like that... Plus there is the Kidd situation(he is worse game by game) and a roster full of guards and mediocre wings when the NBA is changed and teams need size. But we didn't understand yet.

Kidd played with Luka-Kyrie-Hardy-THJ-Lively :lol: :lol: :lol:
In Europe this **** would clean the toilets not coach a professional basketball team.

The face of this shameless is Mark Cuban, one of the least competent owners in the league.

Yea if anyone is allowed a bad game or 2 its Luka, but if its an issue like this, im not an expert so i dont know either way, then ppl need to step in. That stuff cant be tolerated.

Kidd really is out of his depth coaching. He was a phenomenal PG with a feel for the game while he had the ball in his hands, but as a coach he's not the guy. Nico doesnt know a thing about basketball, he's a shoe guy. Both should be fired before noon today.
Archx
RealGM

Post#73 » by Archx » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:WHat a pathetic team game. There was a post where someone (maybe ejs) said Luka shows up hungover at times, I thought he said it in jest, but now im starting to wonder. Does he have some type of issue with alcohol?

You really believe a guy from Detroit making stuff up about Doncic? How would he know more than us? :lol:

Dude just had a baby you really think he has alcohol problems... On top of it he's still having issues with his quad. It's literally reported every day about this. They said they wasn't even sure he'll play.

Exum has an injury aswell that's why he only played 12 minutes.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#74 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:12 pm

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:WHat a pathetic team game. There was a post where someone (maybe ejs) said Luka shows up hungover at times, I thought he said it in jest, but now im starting to wonder. Does he have some type of issue with alcohol?

You really believe a guy from Detroit making stuff up about Doncic? How would he know more than us? :lol:

Dude just had a baby you really think he has alcohol problems... On top of it he's still having issues with his quad. It's literally reported every day about this. They said they wasn't even sure he'll play.

Ha thats why i thought it may have been in jest. I have no idea what Luka likes to do in his free time. But if hypothetically it is something he likes to do too much, should be addressed early.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#75 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:17 pm

Archx wrote:

You really believe a guy from Detroit making stuff up about Doncic? How would he know more than us?

Guys him showing up time to time hungover has been discussed on several Mavs pods and seems to be pretty well known when it has happened. I'm not saying this is a regular thing but it was made pretty clear when the Mavs played their second straight game in NO this year. I believe last year vs the Grizzlies it was well known the team had been out the night before then came out and looked like crap.

Last night was in all likelihood a coincidence. He had a terrible game after bringing it up and we had some fun win it based on how awful he looked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Archx
RealGM

Post#76 » by Archx » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:26 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

You really believe a guy from Detroit making stuff up about Doncic? How would he know more than us?

Guys him showing up time to time hungover has been discussed on several Mavs pods and seems to be pretty well known when it has happened. I'm not saying this is a regular thing but it was made pretty clear when the Mavs played their second straight game in NO this year. I believe last year vs the Grizzlies it was well known the team had been out the night before then came out and looked like crap.

Last night was in all likelihood a coincidence. He had a terrible game after bringing it up and we had some fun win it based on how awful he looked.

He's still young we all understand that. During the offseason he likes to go to a party when he's on holidays in Croatia. But with that being said, he has 3 dogs a GF, loves playing video games and has a baby now. There is no chance in hell those guys know what they're talking about. I guess they don't have a clue how much stress it is to take care of a newborn plus 3 animals.

I promise you if he's not looking 100% or plays like he doesn't care (like last night), it's not because of hangover or drinking lol, it's simply he's not either in the mood (due to different factors) or is injured. He also said he needs a therapy on his quad almost every day aswell.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#77 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:39 pm

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

He's still young we all understand that. During the offseason he likes to go to a party when he's on holidays in Croatia. But with that being said, he has 3 dogs a GF, loves playing video games and has a baby now. There is no chance in hell those guys know what they're talking about. I guess they don't have a clue how much stress it is to take care of a newborn plus 3 animals.

I promise you if he's not looking 100% or plays like he doesn't care (like last night), it's not because of hangover or drinking lol, it's simply he's not either in the mood (due to different factors) or is injured. He also said he needs a therapy on his quad almost every day aswell.

I don't think he was hungover,but I do think he(entire team) stayed up late and didn't get enough sleep/rest...I think it was probably a similar issue to when Slovenia played Poland and before the game the Players would stay up late and Play cards instead of getting the needed rest
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#78 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:43 pm

I think we all can agree, that Luka is allowed games like this because he does so much for the team. Lively and Prosper are rookies so deserve a ton of slack as well. The other guys, there's zero excuse.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#79 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:52 pm

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Alot of those guys have connections or are team/beat writers.

We have all seen the photos of Dirk completely wasted when he was younger and I'm not going to kill a 25 year old who was in New Orleans for 3 days who probably had some fun. Both the the instances I brought up that I could remember were before the baby and on the road.

Again no one is saying this is a problem and if it was we would all know it by now.
It was a talking point that we can go around and around on all these players in which it was then blown out of context.
Archx
RealGM

Post#80 » by Archx » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:14 pm

ejs78 wrote:Alot of those guys have connections or are team/beat writers.

That's how media works. At the end of the day they still don't know **** and are just talking for the sake of talking and getting views. Unless they are directly involved in players personal life. A ton of stuff has been said about Kyrie aswell which was later known to be not true.

Return to Dallas Mavericks