ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Celtics (Frid., 7:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Celtics (Frid., 7:30PMEST) 

Post#61 » by Archx » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:46 am

Green, Maxi, THJ, Kyrie... absolute trash.

But the biggest idiot of the game award goes to the guy reshuffling lineups when Mavs got it to 2pts and then playing small leaving Celtics to do anything they wanted.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#62 » by joesha1698 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:47 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:You wont beat this Boston team with simply x and o. You have to be extremely aggressive on both sides of the ball and bring the fight to them. If you don't do that, you're going to lose. Unfortunately, this Dallas team is still lacking at the SF spot and Kidd doesn't seem to really have these guys playing the type of defense and intensity needed to rise to their level of completion. That's what I see. This seems like a walk through. The body language is terrible and there's no intensity. The Miami heat shower and everyone the blueprint. This is why I say the Mavs need a dog next year ... preferably at small forward.

No cap space or draft picks. Would have to come via trade.

Mavs haven't had a good small forward since, Shawn Marion?[/quote

Trade it is. Unless prosper has rapid growth between now and next year. Aside from that, this team is way too soft and doesn't play with enough intensity. The fight is no where to be found. Compare Dallas to Miami heat and it's night and day. I don't what any other way to say it. The pride and effort has to be there.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#63 » by joesha1698 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:50 am

Archx wrote:Green, Maxi, THJ, Kyrie... absolute trash.

But the biggest idiot of the game award goes to the guy reshuffling lineups when Mavs got it to 2pts and then playing small leaving Celtics to do anything they wanted.

Kyrie needs to get over his time in Boston and hoop and we need a coach to remind him of that. Way too lax out there. But this Dallas team is soft under kids and dwinnnie said it. We need more dawgs and we need a coach to tell Kyrie to get over it and compete.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#64 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:51 am

When the opposing team is shooting 50% from deep on 42 attempts what exactly is Gafford going to do out there that's going to change that outcome defensively?

At times the team needs a stretch 5 on the floor for offense in these types of games who is also better out on the perimeter defensely. Maxi is only an answer in theory and Gafford isn't the answer at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
JWillTheFreak
Pro Prospect
And1: 211

Post#65 » by JWillTheFreak » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:54 am

Gafford is a threat inside and he can defend outside the paint too, he wont dont worst than maxi.
///////////////////////////////////////BAKAJ///////////////////////////////////////////////
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,929

Post#66 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:54 am

joesha1698 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:You wont beat this Boston team with simply x and o. You have to be extremely aggressive on both sides of the ball and bring the fight to them. If you don't do that, you're going to lose. Unfortunately, this Dallas team is still lacking at the SF spot and Kidd doesn't seem to really have these guys playing the type of defense and intensity needed to rise to their level of completion. That's what I see. This seems like a walk through. The body language is terrible and there's no intensity. The Miami heat shower and everyone the blueprint. This is why I say the Mavs need a dog next year ... preferably at small forward.

No cap space or draft picks. Would have to come via trade.

Mavs haven't had a good small forward since, Shawn Marion?[/quote

Trade it is. Unless prosper has rapid growth between now and next year. Aside from that, this team is way too soft and doesn't play with enough intensity. The fight is no where to be found. Compare Dallas to Miami heat and it's night and day. I don't what any other way to say it. The pride and effort has to be there.

Not going to get any great SF with the poopoo platter we have to offer and no trade picks to throw in. We'd be lucky to get back DFS.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:58 am

ejs78 wrote:When the opposing team is shooting 50% from deep on 42 attempts what exactly is Gafford going to do out there that's going to change that outcome defensively?

At times the team needs a stretch 5 on the floor for offense in these types of games who is also better out on the perimeter defensely. Maxi is only an answer in theory and Gafford isn't the answer at all.

We probably weren't winning this game no matter what but if Maxi going to steal minutes from Gafford permanently it's a waste.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,685

Post#68 » by Forbes » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:59 am

We got torched from 3. Mix between them being hot and our 3 point defense is diabolically horrid.

Celtics are stacked with talent. Roleplayers make great plays left and right. I’m jealous. We got low IQ Green and THJ playing heavy minutes. Kills me everytime.

More importantly, what is going on with Gaff. How can Kidd see someone with such positive energy and an impact on the game not even give Gaff minutes.

Lively was was very impactful on the interior defense. This kid is really going to be a problem as he grows.

This is one of those games where Luka gets to see it emphasized that he just isn’t playing with enough talent to win anything
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:02 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ejs78 wrote:When the opposing team is shooting 50% from deep on 42 attempts what exactly is Gafford going to do out there that's going to change that outcome defensively?

We probably weren't winning this game no matter what but if Maxi going to steal minutes from Gafford permanently it's a waste.
There are going to be games where Gafford plays more min and this wasn't isn't. He can't play out on the perimeter. If this was the case every we probably would have heard about more teams trying to trade for him.

Archx
RealGM

Post#70 » by Archx » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:02 am

Mavs love collapsing defenses that's their biggest issue and one of the reasons why mostly all teams shoot so good vs them. With either Lively or Gaff holding the paint, you wouldn't need to collaps that much. And even if you allow pts, you allow 2s instead of 3s which usually gets teams shooters going hot.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:08 am

Currently in 8th, 1.5 games ahead of the Warriors and Lakers.

We're likely a play in team.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#72 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:20 am

Once again Green, Kidd, and Maxi prove who they are. But someone who's never ruled at anything since the day he was born, despite his name, will whine about me calling out his boy toy. Though it took him one game to realize Maxi doesn't have it anymore

Why did we sacrifice a pick swap for Gafford for Maxi to get all of his minutes?
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#73 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:25 am

GermanFan120 wrote:Don't believe me when I said Green has low ball iq? What was that on a fast break and got his arse blocked? This guy doesn't know what change of pace is. He is either yes or no when he decided to do something.

Preach
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:27 am

Archx wrote:

Mavs love collapsing defenses that's their biggest issue and one of the reasons why mostly all teams shoot so good vs them. With either Lively or Gaff holding the paint, you wouldn't need to collaps that much. And even if you allow pts, you allow 2s instead of 3s which usually gets teams shooters going hot.
Maybe we should ask Wizard fans what they think of Gafford in space. This just wasn't his game. Its more a they need a better stretch 5 than they need to play Gafford more.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#75 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:28 am

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Maybe we should ask Wizard fans what they think of Gafford in space. This just wasn't his game. Its more a they need a better stretch 5 than they need to play Gafford more.

What about the Cleveland game then? Allen isn't doing much stretching. Kidd is just foolish
Archx
RealGM

Post#76 » by Archx » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:34 am

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Gaff has proven that he can move his feet, he's a mobile big who can rebound, close out and most importantly block/disrupt shots. If Mavs give up more 2's than 3's and gets them a W, i'm fine with that. But i can't be fine with the way Mavs defend the perimeter when they're constantly collapsing for no reason at all when their small guys struggle to hold ground around the paint.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:39 am

daoneandonly wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

What about the Cleveland game then? Allen isn't doing much stretching. Kidd is just foolish
Its not just who the big is of the opponent its if our big can also switch when needed. The Cavs walked into several 3s to start that game. This isn't a defense of Maxi more a Gafford isn't suited for this game.

ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:42 am

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Gaff has proven that he can move his feet, he's a mobile big who can rebound, close out and most importantly block/disrupt shots. If Mavs give up more 2's than 3's and gets them a W, i'm fine with that. But i can't be fine with the way Mavs defend the perimeter when they're constantly collapsing for no reason at all when their small guys struggle to hold ground around the paint.
He's not blocking shots on the perimeter and his rebounding like everyone else is going to dip when he's pulled aways from the basket. We have seen this happen to other bigs around the league so this isn't just a Mavs problem.

Archx
RealGM

Post#79 » by Archx » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:45 am

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Maybe we should ask Wizard fans what they think of Gafford in space. This just wasn't his game. Its more a they need a better stretch 5 than they need to play Gafford more.

He's not blocking shots on the perimeter and his rebounding like everyone else is going to dip when he's pulled aways from the basket. We have seen this happen to other bigs around the league so this isn't just a Mavs problem.

Like i said, i rather give up 2 points than 3 and also get their shooters going in the process. You'll still have a better chance with Gaff at 5 than Maxi.

You can't tell me with what you saw over the years still having Maxi at 5 is a recipe for success? I would much rather play Powell then and go Rick's old school way with Powell/Maxi center lineup lol.
Archx
RealGM

Post#80 » by Archx » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:52 am

Pelicans, Kings, GSW all won. Brutal day for Mavs. Almost no room for errors anymore.

Return to Dallas Mavericks