ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,935

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 830PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:02 pm

Bad place to be handicapped.

Jason's coaching genius can only get us so far when the roster is depleted.

Clippers run since beating the Mavs.

60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 830PMEST) 

Post#2 » by Archx » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:22 pm

This is a very bad time for Mavs to be playing against stacked teams. Unless by some miracle Lively and Kyrie both play. I'm kinda tired of watching Kieff play in 2023 ffs...
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#3 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:47 pm

Archx wrote:This is a very bad time for Mavs to be playing against stacked teams. Unless by some miracle Lively and Kyrie both play. I'm kinda tired of watching Kieff play in 2023 ffs...

Pistons fan?

Wow that's bold :D
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,014

Post#4 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:54 pm

Damn, injuries and losses to Wolves and Nuggets have driven Arch to dark places...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,686

Post#5 » by Bob8 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:24 pm

Can someone tell me, which team is as dependant on rookie, who was not even top 10 pick, as Mavs? What that tells about FO?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#6 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 pm

Bob8 wrote:Can someone tell me, which team is as dependant on rookie, who was not even top 10 pick, as Mavs? What that tells about FO?

Chet was 2nd overall, but OKC is just as dependent on him.
They screwed up last year, destroyed every asset the team had, and were left with capped out aging roster, they righted the ship this year, but clearly more work needs to be done.
I also think the regression of Josh Green and Hardy is on the players not the FO, they showed something last year, and disappeared this year.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager

Post#7 » by Bob8 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Can someone tell me, which team is as dependant on rookie, who was not even top 10 pick, as Mavs? What that tells about FO?

They screwed up last year, destroyed every asset the team had, and were left with capped out aging roster, they righted the ship this year, but clearly more work needs to be done.
I also think the regression of Josh Green and Hardy is on the players not the FO, they showed something last year, and disappeared this year.

They could easily got Ayton for very cheap, who's Luka's friend and has the same agent. And if they thought his salary is too much, they should get at least decent backup C. And knowing how small they are, they should get decent , not undersized, Pf too. And we're not talking only about this offseason, but few before this too. It's not normal that you can't play without defensive rookie C.

Josh and Hardy don't even matter much, because they're playing on position, where you have multiple options and 2 superstars. And then you have Grant on 4, only replacement Kleber, who is totally lost second season in a row and Lively with 0 replacements.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#8 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:44 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

They could easily got Ayton for very cheap, who's Luka's friend and has the same agent. And if they thought his salary is too much, they should get at least decent backup C. And knowing how small they are, they should get decent , not undersized, Pf too. And we're not talking only about this offseason, but few before this too. It's not normal that you can't play without defensive rookie C.

Josh and Hardy don't even matter much, because they're playing on position, where you have multiple options and 2 superstars. And then you have Grant on 4, only replacement Kleber, who is totally lost second season in a row and Lively with 0 replacements.

Bob, I think POR are regretting the trade, Ayton has been crap there...
Archx
RealGM

Post#9 » by Archx » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:51 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Archx wrote:This is a very bad time for Mavs to be playing against stacked teams. Unless by some miracle Lively and Kyrie both play. I'm kinda tired of watching Kieff play in 2023 ffs...

Pistons fan?

Wow that's bold :D

They are suffering man, they need all the support they can get, from anyone. :D

Mavrelous wrote:Damn, injuries and losses to Wolves and Nuggets have driven Arch to dark places...

:lol: :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#10 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:00 pm

This is what happens if you resign Powell and Kleber until the dead... I can't wait for the new owners to kick that idiot Cuban in the ass.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#11 » by Bob8 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:16 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Chet was 2nd overall, but OKC is just as dependent on him.

It doesn't matter, his position is far more important for Mavs than what Josh could bring. And I believe Luka could be exactly the right player for bringing max from Ayton.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#12 » by daoneandonly » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:56 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

It doesn't matter, his position is far more important for Mavs than what Josh could bring. And I believe Luka could be exactly the right player for bringing max from Ayton.

Of course it matters, Ayton is overpaid and lazy. Sure Dallas desperately needs another big, but not one making 30 mil a year with his attitude and apathy. AT this point a guy like Robin Lopez, Alex Len, or Thomas Bryant would do, and their salaries are reasonable.

Green and Hardy's regression has hurt this team badly as Khalil said. Hardy just isnt very smart, and Green is a bum who checked out as soon as the ink dried on his new extension.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#13 » by Bob8 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:08 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Bob, I think POR are regretting the trade, Ayton has been crap there...

Of course it matters, Ayton is overpaid and lazy. Sure Dallas desperately needs another big, but not one making 30 mil a year with his attitude and apathy. AT this point a guy like Robin Lopez, Alex Len, or Thomas Bryant would do, and their salaries are reasonable.

Green and Hardy's regression has hurt this team badly as Khalil said. Hardy just isnt very smart, and Green is a bum who checked out as soon as the ink dried on his new extension.

I believe Ayton would look totally different in Mavs. He needs real Pg and it's never easy to play for a rebuilding team. Just imagine having Ayton instead of Powell and we really don't need Josh.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#14 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#15 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:50 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I believe Ayton would look totally different in Mavs. He needs real Pg and it's never easy to play for a rebuilding team. Just imagine having Ayton instead of Powell and we really don't need Josh.

Agree, Luka makes Powell just a bad NBA player... That's a miracle :lol:

Ayton is not the best C in the league but 48 minutes of him and Lively are a great combo C and we will be a good wing away from contending.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:57 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Bob, I think POR are regretting the trade, Ayton has been crap there...

Agreed.

Not sure why the Mavs would want to sink that much money into a guy who loves playing video games more than basketball or any other center making a decent amount. Lively is playing more mins than I think most of us thought he would so a cheaper big who can be a better spot starter than what the Mavs currently have seems more reasonable.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by ejs78 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:00 pm

No Kai, Lively, Green, or Maxi for tomorrow.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,185

Post#18 » by GermanFan120 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:13 pm

I have bet $1000 bucks on Clippers to win this one.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Archx
RealGM

Post#19 » by Archx » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:44 pm

ejs78 wrote:No Kai, Lively, Green, or Maxi for tomorrow.

That's not good for my sanity.

GO PISTONS !!!!
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#20 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:53 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:I have bet $1000 bucks on Clippers to win this one.

Man, this is last December all over again...

Return to Dallas Mavericks