ImageImageImageImage

I don't see our offense making a turn around

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

Chester0
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

I don't see our offense making a turn around 

Post#1 » by Chester0 » Thu Apr 8, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm not talking about the Jays series. Obviously guys are going to start hitting. I'm talking about from last year. Our offense was pathetic compared to what it was supposed to be

Josh has been mediocre at best since the home run derby, Davis doesn't belong in the majors, Teagarden can't hit period(at least he catches...), our 2B options until Kinsler's healthy won't hit the mendoza line, and even then Kinsler has a lot to prove. Borbon i'm confident will prove to be pretty good, but that leaves a total of 4 regulars that are going to carry any sort of offensive weight--Cruz, Vlad, Young, and Borbon. Even then, none of those guys are great OBP guys, and that is why our offense is so hit or miss.

At least Smoak will replace Davis, but what are we going to do about Josh? I really can't seem him getting back to even a .350 OBP this year. He's got too much talent to give up on, but if he doesn't start hitting soon, it's going to have been almost a season and a half since he was worth anhything.
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Re: I don't see our offense making a turn around 

Post#2 » by cmavswin » Fri Apr 9, 2010 1:25 am

This is the same problem the Rangers have had every year and the FO is still too stupid to figure it out. This team has too many power hitters that strike out a ton. I really don't know who the idiot was that thought this team needed to have this many every year but until someone with true "GM" knowledge takes this team over it will always come up short.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#3 » by studcrackers » Fri Apr 9, 2010 7:05 am

cmavswin wrote:This is the same problem the Rangers have had every year and the FO is still too stupid to figure it out. This team has too many power hitters that strike out a ton. I really don't know who the idiot was that thought this team needed to have this many every year but until someone with true "GM" knowledge takes this team over it will always come up short.

what?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
OneTime86
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#4 » by OneTime86 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Frank Francisco is a **** fat-ass bitch. **** him. 4-1 if he didn't blow those 2 games.

Return to Texas Rangers