ImageImageImageImageImage

Blue Jays uniform idea

Moderator: JaysRule15

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,073

Blue Jays uniform idea 

Post#1 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:06 pm

I don't post here often, hope a new thread is ok.

I was glad when we got rid of the black jersey and brought in royal blue, white and grey as the three colors. Watching the Bills now of all things, reminded me of an idea I've had for awhile. I think the Jays should add blue pants the same colour as the blue jerseys. They could then go monochrome all blue like NFL teams sometimes do. And also have the option of 3 way mix and match with grey and white, like the 70s A's did with all combos of green gold and white. The Pirates used to also mix and match black, gold and white with pinstripes.

The Jays adding blue pants would be more conservative than the old Athletics and Pirates, but still cool in my opinion. They could just stick to blue pants with blue jerseys too, not mixing.

I suppose there's little marketing advantage because no one buys team pants. But I'm for it, anyway.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,457

Re: Blue Jays uniform idea 

Post#2 » by Lateral Quicks » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:08 pm

They re-introduced the all baby-blues the last couple years as an alternate, but I don't think they've ever gone all dark blue. I like the dark blue a lot, especially with the grey trousers, but I'm not sure if all dark blue would work. Maybe they could give it a shot as an alternate.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Post#3 » by agkagk » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 pm

here me out.

dress like an actual bird.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,521
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#4 » by SharoneWright » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 pm

Monochromatic, huh?

Is anybody here a marine biologist?
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,197

Post#5 » by duppyy » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:24 am

Jays already have the best jerseys.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,457

Post#6 » by Lateral Quicks » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:09 am

duppyy wrote:Jays already have the best jerseys.

Yep. It was a travesty when they ditched them for the toothpaste logo and other atrocities.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 6,023

Post#7 » by Coco Costanza » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:21 am

All blue uniforms (especially of the shade of blue the Jays use) would be really ugly. The White Sox once wore all black uniforms in a series against us last season, and on television they looked terrible.

Much of the time, especially when dirty, it just looked like the team was wearing black jeans.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays