Jays Braves May 12-14

Moderator: JaysRule15

Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,310

Re: Jays Braves May 12-14 

Post#181 » by Parataxis » Sun May 14, 2023 9:02 pm

Raider917 wrote:
Parataxis wrote:That's four sweeps in a row.

On to the Yankees - winning this first one is going to be important, given our recent games.

Cole is matched up with Bassitt isnt he?

That's the probables for game 3, yeah.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,293

Post#182 » by Mehar » Sun May 14, 2023 9:03 pm

In my decades of watching MLB, I never have seen a division like the AL East. Every team in the AL East has a better record than every other AL team besides Texas. It will suck for a couple of these teams that will miss out the post-season. Reminds me when I watched the 1993 San Francisco Giants (the year they signed Barry Bonds) who missed the playoffs after winning 103 Games that year, due to no Wild Card. I seriously hope in the future MLB considers deciding post-season teams by Conference records, instead of Division records just like the NBA.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,789
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#183 » by Boogie! » Sun May 14, 2023 10:20 pm

Mehar wrote:In my decades of watching MLB, I never have seen a division like the AL East. Every team in the AL East has a better record than every other AL team besides Texas. It will suck for a couple of these teams that will miss out the post-season. Reminds me when I watched the 1993 San Francisco Giants (the year they signed Barry Bonds) who missed the playoffs after winning 103 Games that year, due to no Wild Card. I seriously hope in the future MLB considers deciding post-season teams by Conference records, instead of Division records just like the NBA.

Yeah mlb keeps making all these rule changes, I have no I Dea why this one isn't Tops on the list. The best teams with the best records should always be in the playoffs, the division they're in should not matter. So dumb that a **** team gets a guaranteed spot just because they're in a **** division.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,893

Post#184 » by Hottie McShotty » Mon May 15, 2023 12:37 am

Can we play more home games please!

Sweeping of one of the best teams in the majors feels good fam..

That ump today was drunk. Horrible strike zone.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,950

Post#185 » by JN » Mon May 15, 2023 1:40 am

Mehar wrote:In my decades of watching MLB, I never have seen a division like the AL East. Every team in the AL East has a better record than every other AL team besides Texas. It will suck for a couple of these teams that will miss out the post-season. Reminds me when I watched the 1993 San Francisco Giants (the year they signed Barry Bonds) who missed the playoffs after winning 103 Games that year, due to no Wild Card. I seriously hope in the future MLB considers deciding post-season teams by Conference records, instead of Division records just like the NBA.

Somewhat Older fans may remember the AL west of the Mid-80's, which was far below the AL East.
2 division system, only 2 division winners made the playoffs.

For example
In 1984 - KC won the West at a paltry 84-78... 5 teams in the East had better records.
In 1987, Minny won the west at 85-77... 4 teams in the East had better records.

A few other years with big discrepancies
In 1983 - 5 teams in AL East were above .500, one from the West
In 1986 - 5 East teams above .500, 2 West teams

Despite the division being poor it still won 2 world series in that period.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,193

Post#186 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 15, 2023 1:42 am

Besides watching how bad Bichette has been on trying to make Vladdy look good with some difficult catches and “almost plays” I’m glad they swept the Braves. Watched first hand how good this Jays team is when something doesn’t go right, they can still find a way to win. They have a very dynamic offense, bunting, stealing bases, double steals, leading the league in going oppo, taking a lot pitches and being hard outs - even if it results in a strikeout, they are indeed on a fact finding mission on opposing pitchers. These guys go hard on the iPad right after their at bats and study each pitch.

This is more of a complete team than what we have seen in the last 10 years tbh
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,145

Post#187 » by DelAbbot » Mon May 15, 2023 1:53 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Besides watching how bad Bichette has been on trying to make Vladdy look good with some difficult catches and “almost plays” I’m glad they swept the Braves. Watched first hand how good this Jays team is when something doesn’t go right, they can still find a way to win. They have a very dynamic offense, bunting, stealing bases, double steals, leading the league in going oppo, taking a lot pitches and being hard outs - even if it results in a strikeout, they are indeed on a fact finding mission on opposing pitchers. These guys go hard on the iPad right after their at bats and study each pitch.

last 7 years
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#188 » by Boogie! » Mon May 15, 2023 2:08 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Besides watching how bad Bichette has been on trying to make Vladdy look good with some difficult catches and “almost plays” I’m glad they swept the Braves. Watched first hand how good this Jays team is when something doesn’t go right, they can still find a way to win. They have a very dynamic offense, bunting, stealing bases, double steals, leading the league in going oppo, taking a lot pitches and being hard outs - even if it results in a strikeout, they are indeed on a fact finding mission on opposing pitchers. These guys go hard on the iPad right after their at bats and study each pitch.

Speaking of bichette, he's a great hitter, but why has he been allowed to struggle at shortstop for so long? Gurriel got moved to the outfield, guerrero got moved to first, tatis recently moved to the outfield.... why is bichette getting special treatment and why is there no discussion of moving him? Even when we signed semien, he got moved to 2nd instead of bichette... all this talk about improving the outfield defense and they literally ignore the most important defensive position on the field....
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#189 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:30 am

Boogie! wrote:

Speaking of bichette, he's a great hitter, but why has he been allowed to struggle at shortstop for so long? Gurriel got moved to the outfield, guerrero got moved to first, tatis recently moved to the outfield.... why is bichette getting special treatment and why is there no discussion of moving him? Even when we signed semien, he got moved to 2nd instead of bichette... all this talk about improving the outfield defense and they literally ignore the most important defensive position on the field....

great hitter
cannon of an arm - he won't be cheated of an out because he has a weak arm.

its just that he can't aim/throw at a still target. and thats probably what they are working on. i mean prior to this series or even the Phillies series, he had been pretty good/decent.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#190 » by Boogie! » Mon May 15, 2023 3:49 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

great hitter

its just that he can't aim/throw at a still target. and thats probably what they are working on. i mean prior to this series or even the Phillies series, he had been pretty good/decent.

Gurriel, guerrero and tstis all have great arms. But if he can't perform he can't perform.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#191 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:08 am

Boogie! wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

great hitter

Gurriel, guerrero and tstis all have great arms. But if he can't perform he can't perform.

Gurriel can’t field for ****.
Guerrero had weight problems
Tstis is … I don’t know what his problem is but apparently has a great arm. I’m assuming Teoscar? Terrible fielder

Bichette can field. He has ample fielding range + arm strength. Just can’t aim.

Ya I’m okay with switching Bo to 2nd but I don’t know who we can replace him with at SS (that can also hit)
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#192 » by hyper316 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:41 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
great hitter

Tstis is … I don’t know what his problem is but apparently has a great arm. I’m assuming Teoscar? Terrible fielder

Ya I’m okay with switching Bo to 2nd but I don’t know who we can replace him with at SS (that can also hit)

Can Merrifield or Chapman play SS?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#193 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:25 pm

hyper316 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

Can Merrifield or Chapman play SS?

I think they could probably do it but they all have something lacking i think:

Chapman, range
Merrifield, arm strength
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,310

Post#194 » by Parataxis » Mon May 15, 2023 3:50 pm

Yikes.

I mean, I knew it was bad, but wow.
Read on Twitter
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#195 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon May 15, 2023 4:34 pm

Parataxis wrote:Yikes.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It was one of the worst ever.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,816

Post#196 » by Raps in 4 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Yankees are trash. Manoah going to CGSO these fools tonight.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,708

Post#197 » by WuTang_OG » Mon May 15, 2023 7:15 pm

Great sweep
Yankees next
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,246

Post#198 » by Madvillainy2004 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:15 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Parataxis wrote:Yikes.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It was one of the worst ever.

Felt like every big spot we got rung up on a terrible strike call. Nvm all the other missed ones throughout the game.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays