Hunter Tyson

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Hunter Tyson 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:18 pm

Denver Nuggets #37 pick Hunter Tyson was the oldest player in the entire 2023 draft class (he is older than our former 2019 pick Bol Bol!) so there are very low expectations from him, until, the very first next month when Tyson shined in 2023 Summer League as arguably TOP10 players there!

Welcome to the Denver Nuggets champions team Tyson!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,272

Re: Hunter Tyson 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:29 pm

He definitely shows he has "player" potential but I'd temper that by saying it is just Summer League and the competition really is G League level. I do think this is building his confidence, he has a nice stroke and have even seen some decent defense in his game.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,890

Post#3 » by Richard Miller » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:27 pm

Well the Nuggets have their starters locked up, so all they need is someone to soak up Jeff's minutes, which shouldn't be that hard. Bruce Brown will be harder to replace, but we'll see.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:06 pm

skywalker33 wrote:He definitely shows he has "player" potential but I'd temper that by saying it is just Summer League and the competition really is G League level. I do think this is building his confidence, he has a nice stroke and have even seen some decent defense in his game.

True; but remember that we are considering him as a bench player -- many of those in the Summer League will be on those benches. Summer League is not proof for an NBA ready; but it's a good indicator.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,272

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:29 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:He definitely shows he has "player" potential but I'd temper that by saying it is just Summer League and the competition really is G League level. I do think this is building his confidence, he has a nice stroke and have even seen some decent defense in his game.

True; but remember that we are considering him as a bench player -- many of those in the Summer League will be on those benches. Summer League is not proof for an NBA ready; but it's a good indicator.

Well, I don't think ANY of our rookies were drafted with the expectation that they'd contribute for a Championship-caliber team, at least not this year. Does see apparent that Tyson does look strong enough to get some RS mins, maybe even all of the rookies some garbage time PT but time to temper expectations here.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets