Bigger Disappointment: Cowboys or Eagles?

Moderator: bwgood77

Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Re: Bigger Disappointment: Cowboys or Eagles? 

Post#41 » by Mamba42 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 am

Now that Kelce is retiring I change my vote. That man deserves more than to go out in that game.
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#42 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:16 pm

last stand wrote:This thread being made by a cowboys fan, and all the cowboys fans saying eagles (except mamba) feels like therapy or something lol

I guess if it feels better being the lesser disappointment take it

I’ve been out on the eagles for 5-6 weeks now so if the cowboys fans need to feel like the taller midget so be it

yeah Dallas fans are drinking lot of copium itt lol, pretty much every non Cowboys fan says it is Cowboys so gotta go with them.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#43 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:This thread being made by a cowboys fan, and all the cowboys fans saying eagles (except mamba) feels like therapy or something lol

I’ve been out on the eagles for 5-6 weeks now so if the cowboys fans need to feel like the taller midget so be it

Not sure if you read my post but it depends from what point of the season.
The season didn’t start 5 or 6 weeks ago.

So if Niners lose the nfc title game to Bucs or Lions, it is not a disappointment? Niners werent the favorites to come out of NFC beginning of the season. Hoops Cowboys fans try to jump thru to ease the pain lmao
wembambamya
Junior

Post#44 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Kind of hard for some to defend Dak when he shows his ass to the whole country.

Tbf most of the country already knew his ass and tried to tell ya lol

You can go back and look at my prediction for the season. I already knew as Dak is. What he did in the playoffs is not a surprise, it’s what he always does.

there were lot of bravado in the dallas related threads approaching the game, especially when it comes to Dak. I would bump them if I cared enough lmao now they are mostly quiet.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,219

Post#45 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:57 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

You can go back and look at my prediction for the season. I already knew as Dak is. What he did in the playoffs is not a surprise, it’s what he always does.

there were lot of bravado in the dallas related threads approaching the game, especially when it comes to Dak. I would bump them if I cared enough lmao now they are mostly quiet.

It seemed to me that every Dallas fan here (and pretty much all over the country) had the same expectations going into the post season.

Make it to the NFC Championship and lose to SF.

Even BJJ thought this.

We were all let down. All of us.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#46 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:02 pm

Let me also say that while both Cowboys and Eagles are highly disappointed. These seasons were not actually "turds".

There are a lot of fans that stopped watching their team week 8.

All of this is in the name of entertainment, sometimes I think we lose sight of that. The fact that we all had meaningful games late in the season and made the post season is still something a lot of fans wish they had.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#47 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:06 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mariner wrote:

Not sure if you read my post but it depends from what point of the season.

So if Niners lose the nfc title game to Bucs or Lions, it is not a disappointment? Niners werent the favorites to come out of NFC beginning of the season. Hoops Cowboys fans try to jump thru to ease the pain lmao

You must be hi or something. Are you seriously saying that the Niners weren’t expected to be at the top of the NFC going into the season?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#48 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:07 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Again, go look at my prediction before the game and even before the season. I was spot on both times.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Let me also say that while both Cowboys and Eagles are highly disappointed. These seasons were not actually "turds".

All of this is in the name of entertainment, sometimes I think we lose sight of that. The fact that we all had meaningful games late in the season and made the post season is still something a lot of fans wish they had.

The product that the Cowboys out in the field looked very turd like to me. Same for the major collapse that the Eagles had.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#50 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:26 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Let me also say that while both Cowboys and Eagles are highly disappointed. These seasons were not actually "turds".

The product that the Cowboys out in the field looked very turd like to me. Same for the major collapse that the Eagles had.

Yeah the playoff games for teams were absolutely turds. I just mean the seasons as whole.

I think the Cowboys are a very rare and unique situation of a team that seemingly always does well in the regular season and always fails in the post season, dating all the way back to the 90s.

I do not know of any other franchises are that "eternal playoff failures" like the Cowboys are.

So for us yes, the season is another turd. I'm just pointing that in reality we had meaningful games to watch late in the season, and it provided entertainment for us, which is the entire reason for this. Many fans don't even have the luxury of calling a playoff game a turd.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#51 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mariner wrote:Not sure if you read my post but it depends from what point of the season.

You must be hi or something. Are you seriously saying that the Niners weren’t expected to be at the top of the NFC going into the season?

Arent you the guy that kept saying odd odds odds about anything and everything lmao. Yes, odds say Niners absolutely werent the favorite to come out of NFC going into the season, they became the favorite as the season progressed. So according to the copium Cowboys fans take Niners losing NFC wouldnt be a disappointment because they werent the favorites to begin the season. Love to see the hoops you need to jump for this one ahaha
wembambamya
Junior

Post#52 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:You can go back and look at my prediction for the season. I already knew as Dak is. What he did in the playoffs is not a surprise, it’s what he always does.

Again, go look at my prediction before the game and even before the season. I was spot on both times.

I'll bump some posts if I have time, no point in talking about what might have happened. Smell of fake bravado coming especially from that dak prescott thread was foul lol.
Mr B
RealGM

Bigger Disappointment: Cowboys or Eagles? 

Post#53 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:52 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Arent you the guy that kept saying odd odds odds about anything and everything lmao. Yes, odds say Niners absolutely werent the favorite to come out of NFC going into the season, they became the favorite as the season progressed. So according to the copium Cowboys fans take Niners losing NFC wouldnt be a disappointment because they werent the favorites to begin the season. Love to see the hoops you need to jump for this one ahaha

And you are the guy that kept saying odds don’t mean anything. So now they do?

Also you didn’t answer my question. Are you saying that the Niners were not expected to be at the top of the NFC this year?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#54 » by El Turco » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:58 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Beginning of the season realistically I thought Eagles had a slightly better chance because they had a more proven QB, maybe we had 30-35 percent chance, they had 40 and rest had 25 percent.

Now I'd be pissed if or when we miss out on the super bowl. It is far from certain and there many things we dont know about Purdy but gotta pounce when two biggest obstacles are gone.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#55 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:You must be hi or something. Are you seriously saying that the Niners weren’t expected to be at the top of the NFC going into the season?

Also you didn’t answer my question. Are you saying that the Niners were not expected to be at the top of the NFC this year?

That was the answer to your question lmao, Niners were not the favorites to win NFC. Should be very clear lol.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#56 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:04 pm

El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:You must be hi or something. Are you seriously saying that the Niners weren’t expected to be at the top of the NFC going into the season?

Beginning of the season realistically I thought Eagles had a slightly better chance because they had a more proven QB, maybe we had 30-35 percent chance, they had 40 and rest had 25 percent.

Now I'd be pissed if or when we miss out on the super bowl. It is far from certain and there many things we dont know about Purdy but gotta pounce when two biggest obstacles are gone.

Yeah now Niners are heavy favorites win it, before the season started not so much. Niners became team to win in NFC week 13ish but even then Eagles were expected to have the homefield so it was a toss up more than anything.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:47 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

That was the answer to your question lmao, Niners were not the favorites to win NFC. Should be very clear lol.

So you’re saying they weren’t expected to do extremely well this year? Is that what you’re saying?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:48 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Yeah now Niners are heavy favorites win it, before the season started not so much. Niners became team to win in NFC week 13ish but even then Eagles were expected to have the homefield so it was a toss up more than anything.

So who did you have winning the NFC West Seattle?
wembambamya
Junior

Post#59 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:04 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:And you are the guy that kept saying odds don’t mean anything. So now they do?

So you’re saying they weren’t expected to do extremely well this year? Is that what you’re saying?

Well sure, they werent the team to beat in NFC though. Trying to get out this lmao, jump tiger jump
wembambamya
Junior

Post#60 » by wembambamya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:

So who did you have winning the NFC West Seattle?

lmao, ahahahaha hoooop

Return to The General NFL Board