DPOY Finalist

Moderator: bwgood77

wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Re: DPOY Finalist 

Post#41 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:43 pm

El Turco wrote:Getting pick-sixes doesn't really impress me for a defensive back. Generally teams don't throw to cornerbacks who are lockdown corners, therefore I am always skeptical of cornerbacks who get a lot of interceptions, as it might mean they are gambling too much on defense. Bland might be like Diggs a couple of years ago, he might have given up more yards than he picked because he was always gambling. I haven't looked at his metrics, but I haven't heard many people call him a lockdown corner either.

Plus if you have two players in DPOY race you better have a historically good defense which wasnt the case.

Yeah didnt Diggs allow the most yards in coverage that year despite having gazillion interceptions that one year? Some cornerbacks tend to gamble a lot to get interceptions resulting breakdown in coverage.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#42 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:44 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
didnt know DPOY was a Cowboys subject :lol:

Well there are 2 Cowboys in the running for the award. So it’s not that hard to understand why Cowboys fans would like to talk about the award.

Cowboys players are not the only ones in the running, it is a leaguewide award.

Not every player in the league has a chance to win this award though. For example Kyle Juszczyk has no chance at the award. Not sure why that’s hard to understand. There are about 5 players that have a legit shot at the award and 2 of those 5 are Cowboys players.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#43 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:47 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:Getting pick-sixes doesn't really impress me for a defensive back. Generally teams don't throw to cornerbacks who are lockdown corners, therefore I am always skeptical of cornerbacks who get a lot of interceptions, as it might mean they are gambling too much on defense. Bland might be like Diggs a couple of years ago, he might have given up more yards than he picked because he was always gambling. I haven't looked at his metrics, but I haven't heard many people call him a lockdown corner either.

Plus if you have two players in DPOY race you better have a historically good defense which wasnt the case.

Yeah didnt Diggs allow the most yards in coverage that year despite having gazillion interceptions that one year? Some cornerbacks tend to gamble a lot to get interceptions resulting breakdown in coverage.

Bland was really good this year outside of the interceptions and pick 6’s. He’s had a much different (and better) year than Diggs had last year.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#44 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:Well there are 2 Cowboys in the running for the award. So it’s not that hard to understand why Cowboys fans would like to talk about the award.

Not every player in the league has a chance to win this award though. For example Kyle Juszczyk has no chance at the award. Not sure why that’s hard to understand. There are about 5 players that have a legit shot at the award and 2 of those 5 are Cowboys players.

and 3 of them are not Cowboys players, what's your point?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#45 » by Mariner » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Bland was really good this year outside of the interceptions and pick 6’s. He’s had a much different (and better) year than Diggs had last year.

When talking about DPOY we are not allowed to talk about Bland.
Revis and Diggs are more important here.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#46 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:53 pm

El Turco wrote:Darrelle Revis had 3 defensive touchdowns for his career, I'll take him any day.

Ronnie Lott and Darrell Green also didnt get many. It is like those defensive tackle who get touchdowns at the goal line or the wide receiver that gets a touchdown returning kicks, it is a good bonus if they get touchdowns but you dont become a good cornerback from getting pick 6s lol
El Turco

Post#47 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:54 pm

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

When talking about DPOY we are not allowed to talk about Bland.
Revis and Diggs are more important here.

wembambamya
Junior

Post#48 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:57 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:He talks about the Cowboys so much he’s almost as big a Cowboys fan as Wemby.

They all get boners in here when the Cowboys are the subject. Comes with the territory. :wink:

what do you do to these Cowboys fans lmao, they are all obssesed with you try to gang up on you every thread ahaha
Mr B
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:59 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:

I said 2 not 3. Bland and Parsons. Again not hard to understand.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:01 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:Darrelle Revis had 3 defensive touchdowns for his career, I'll take him any day.

Ronnie Lott and Darrell Green also didnt get many. It is like those defensive tackle who get touchdowns at the goal line or the wide receiver that gets a touchdown returning kicks, it is a good bonus if they get touchdowns but you dont become a good cornerback from getting pick 6s lol

If a DT had 5 pick 6’s or fumble recovery for 5 td’s they would be in the running for DPOY.
Mariner
Senior

Post#51 » by Mariner » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:02 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They all get boners in here when the Cowboys are the subject. Comes with the territory. :wink:

what do you do to these Cowboys fans lmao, they are all obssesed with you try to gang up on you every thread ahaha

Well said Turco
El Turco

Post#52 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:02 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They all get boners in here when the Cowboys are the subject. Comes with the territory. :wink:

:lol: Plain insecurity. For months they tried to sell me how Dak doesnt have enough help and Cowboys defense is not good and now they are trying to convince me they have the best defenders in the league :lol:

Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:03 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Taking up for your man, how sweet.
El Turco

Post#54 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:Not every player in the league has a chance to win this award though. For example Kyle Juszczyk has no chance at the award. Not sure why that’s hard to understand. There are about 5 players that have a legit shot at the award and 2 of those 5 are Cowboys players.

I said 2 not 3. Bland and Parsons. Again not hard to understand.

:lol: yet seems too difficult for you to read. As I said 3 of them are not Cowboys players.

wembambamya
Junior

Post#55 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

If a DT had 5 pick 6’s or fumble recovery for 5 td’s they would be in the running for DPOY.

not if they give up 5 yards per carry..
wembambamya
Junior

Post#56 » by wembambamya » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:05 pm

aww Cowgirls get jealous when people dont buy into their BS lmao
Mariner
Senior

Post#57 » by Mariner » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:

They are the same person.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:07 pm

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

They are the same person.

That’s my suspicion too.
Mariner
Senior

Post#59 » by Mariner » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:08 pm

El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:

:lol: Plain insecurity. For months they tried to sell me how Dak doesnt have enough help and Cowboys defense is not good and now they are trying to convince me they have the best defenders in the league :lol:

That was one poster I think.
And isn’t there 11 players on defense?
El Turco

Post#60 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:09 pm

and I was thinking 5 of you are the same people, whata coinkydink :lol:

Return to The General NFL Board