Moderator: bwgood77

QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 333

Re: Week 14 Game Thread. 

Post#401 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:Record against the same conference is the three team tie-breaker, right? Glad Niners got most of their losses against AFC teams.

First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is record with in the conference. Niners win both as of today.

Actually the 2nd tie breaker is division record and then conference record. If the Cowboys and Eagles finish with the exact same record it will likely come down to the 5th or 6th tie breaker.

You guys should be glad you got to face Daniel Jones.

I just know Tommy DeVito or Tyrod Taylor is gonna get a dub against the Eagles.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,379

Post#402 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:19 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is record with in the conference. Niners win both as of today.

Actually the 2nd tie breaker is division record and then conference record. If the Cowboys and Eagles finish with the exact same record it will likely come down to the 5th or 6th tie breaker.

You might get swept. :wink:
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,581

Post#403 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:Actually the 2nd tie breaker is division record and then conference record. If the Cowboys and Eagles finish with the exact same record it will likely come down to the 5th or 6th tie breaker.

Where were you yesterday after the chiefs game? You seem to only show up when your team wins. Everyone is on to you
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#404 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:24 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:You guys should be glad you got to face Daniel Jones.

Where were you yesterday after the chiefs game? You seem to only show up when your team wins. Everyone is on to you

I didn't get home till almost 7:30pm. I already told you that.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#405 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You might get swept. :wink:

Your boy Mahomes screwed the pooch yesterday and looked like a fool. The entitlement is real from the Chiefs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#406 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:30 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Your boy Mahomes screwed the pooch yesterday and looked like a fool. The entitlement is real from the Chiefs.

I'd rather talk about the Cowboys. Did you see the whooping? :D
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#407 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I didn't get home till almost 7:30pm. I already told you that.

Make a SB and I’ll be impressed. Reg season games in December mean little to me. Thanks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#408 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Make a SB and I’ll be impressed. Reg season games in December mean little to me. Thanks.

Give it a few more weeks and keep your t.v. on. The all time ratings are going to go through the roof. :nod:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#409 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:51 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The entire conversation started when BJJ brought up 49ers and Cowboys history vs each other. To which I replied those previous seasons have no bearing on the present.

You either understood that and are now back peddling, or it is you on the short bus.

Given that you are the poster who went about 8 pages with me in an absolute uproar over me saying Dak is a top 8-12 QB, I'm leaning short bus.

and I said even though 5-10 years ago does not have any relevance, recent matchups between the teams including last 2 years' playoff games that involved some of the same personnel does have predictive significance, as the best predictor of future is past performance. At this point your brain short circuited and started talking about paddling something even though my argument hasnt changed a bit. Couldnt even come up with your own clapback, short bus boy :lol:

I think all this tantrum is stemming from the hurt Niners has put on Cowboys recent years, which is the ample proof that shows recent results DO traumatize Cowboys franchise lol

When the coaches hit the film room they are going to start with the most recent games played nitwit. I mean I wish you were right, I wish the 9ers looked at the past seasons as to how to prepare for Dallas.

"I'll watch the last three games of a team on Monday and Tuesday and then once we get to gameplan Tuesday, I'll prepare a day ahead," McLeod said. "So I'll watch first and second down Tuesday nights, because we practice that on Wednesday, then I'll watch third downs on Wednesday, and red zone on Thursday night. Then I'll pick out some games and watch the first half of those games and then more red zone.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/inside-the-game-how-players-do-film-study-20309663

^^^ Rodney McLeod

How Players Do Film Study-Rodney McLeod(Eagles Safety)

:lol: :lol: oh Kyle you gave aneurysm to an entire fanbase
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,218

Post#410 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:56 pm

El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:
and I said even though 5-10 years ago does not have any relevance, recent matchups between the teams including last 2 years' playoff games that involved some of the same personnel does have predictive significance, as the best predictor of future is past performance. At this point your brain short circuited and started talking about paddling something even though my argument hasnt changed a bit. Couldnt even come up with your own clapback, short bus boy :lol:

I think all this tantrum is stemming from the hurt Niners has put on Cowboys recent years, which is the ample proof that shows recent results DO traumatize Cowboys franchise lol

When the coaches hit the film room they are going to start with the most recent games played nitwit. I mean I wish you were right, I wish the 9ers looked at the past seasons as to how to prepare for Dallas.

"I'll watch the last three games of a team on Monday and Tuesday and then once we get to gameplan Tuesday, I'll prepare a day ahead," McLeod said. "So I'll watch first and second down Tuesday nights, because we practice that on Wednesday, then I'll watch third downs on Wednesday, and red zone on Thursday night. Then I'll pick out some games and watch the first half of those games and then more red zone.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/inside-the-game-how-players-do-film-study-20309663

^^^ Rodney McLeod

How Players Do Film Study-Rodney McLeod(Eagles Safety)

:lol: :lol: oh Kyle you gave aneurysm to an entire fanbase

Yes that is how all of the PLAYERS study film, they watch their opponents latest games and not the games from years back.
El Turco

Post#411 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 pm

You think players and coaches watch tape in same intensity and detail, how cute

Lets put it this way, when I was working with a Bengals' videographer back in university he would get 30-40 game orders for quarterbacks in regular season. Hypothetical is in playoffs, but guess what? Going back Dak's last 30 games covers the 3 Niners games in question. Game, set, match, no pass for the long bus :)

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#412 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is record with in the conference. Niners win both as of today.

But the Niners are not in the same division with the Cowboys and Egals so in that case the second tie breaker is record in the conference. Between the Cowboys and Egals tie breaker, you are absolutely right.

The Niners I believe have every tie breaker between them and the Cowboys. They would need to lose a game or two and Cowboys have to win out.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#413 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:23 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I want to say Danny DeVito’s first start came against the Cowboys.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#414 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:53 pm

El Turco wrote:You think players and coaches watch tape in same intensity and detail, how cute

Lets put it this way, when I was working with a Bengals' videographer back in university he would get 30-40 game orders for quarterbacks in regular season. Hypothetical is in playoffs, but guess what? Going back Dak's last 30 games covers the 3 Niners games in question. Game, set, match, no pass for the long bus :)

Come playoff time the coaches are focusing on this season's games. The Cowboys had a completely different OC and play caller last year. Zeke gone, TE Schultz gone, added #2 Cooks. New scheme, new players, new coaches. In your head the coaches all get together and watch the entire Cowboy's franchise backlog because you ride a micro-bus and you have a micro-brain.
El Turco

Post#415 » by El Turco » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:04 am

cool, all that and bag of chips got you a 32 point ass kicking and Dak still chokes in playoffs

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#416 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:52 am

El Turco wrote:cool, all that and bag of chips got you a 32 point ass kicking and Dak still chokes in playoffs

You cant choke if you're the underdogs who were down from the get go.

Choking is what the 9ers did in the playoffs last year. The Cowboys have won a ring more recently than the 9ers and 9er fans are in absolutely no position to act superior. Now stop embarrassing yourself in here and win something before you get loud.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#417 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:33 am

El Turco wrote:cool, all that and bag of chips got you a 32 point ass kicking and Dak still chokes in playoffs

Well technically the playoffs haven’t started yet.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,363

Post#418 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:43 am

Nobody watching these games?

Talking about playoffs instead?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,206

Post#419 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:16 am

.Miami defense stops titans. Guy throws down helmet. Titans score TD
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#420 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:33 am

Can't believe Tua is even in the MVP conversation.

Return to The General NFL Board