And1: 327

Re: Week 15 Thread. 

Post#641 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:34 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Yep

Going into next year there likely needs to be a change at OC and DC

And flat out the eagles need to get faster

Yeah a fast guy in the slot would be nice but quez gotta go. He won’t fight for the ball if it’s not a perfect throw. On defense we need to get younger in the secondary and everybody needs to learn how to tackle.lol

I mean faster on defense. Every other team just looks like they get to the ball quicker than us

I mean the LBs are old, the DBs are old except for Blankenship

Also for all the great things howie has done

Resigning bradberry was a yuck. He’s getting worked left right and everywhere in between

Eagles are just so slow everywhere

And offense is honestly just QB and playcalling. QB because he’s not just taking what the defense gives him and playcalling as in the offense always looks like pulling teeth

Why is the offense relying on great one on one plays
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#642 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:34 am

last stand wrote:Also a lot of fans will probably hate the quez play call, and he was for sure PI’ed

But Jalen has to hit that ball or at minimum over throw it

Also wtf is with the eagles in Seattle 0-8

What a weird blind spot for a franchise

I think the problem on that one is jalen took too long to throw the ball. That throw traveled almost 60 yards. He needed to throw it earlier, that was one of the issues he had last year, taking too long to throw. Every half second you hold onto the ball you almost gotta throw an extra 10-15 yards and I think that was a perfect example
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#643 » by Mariner » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:34 am

The eagles don’t look good but it’s not all bad.
They will probably host a playoff game then anything can happen.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#644 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:35 am

wco81 wrote:Stopped watching with about 5 minutes left in the game.

Seemed like Eagles were dominating both lines of scrimmage despite it being only a 4-point game.

Wow seeing the interception, Eagles tried another bomb that got intercepted leading to game-winning TD drive.

Looked like they could have grounded out first downs for the last 5 minutes. Guess they like aggressive play calling.

They probably should have

But in reality quez was open so it wasn’t a bad play call
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#645 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:35 am

Once again, Juju Smith Schuster was right. These Eagle DBs suck balls
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#646 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:36 am

Mariner wrote:The eagles don’t look good but it’s not all bad.
They will probably host a playoff game then anything can happen.

Doesn’t matter the way they’re playing

Beating some nfc south team and then getting bounced doesn’t excite me

What excites me is the franchise figuring out why things went so south in the execution department this year
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#647 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:36 am

Mamba42 wrote:Hurts < Dak

Sorry Philly bros. But this is the truth.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#648 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 am

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Going into next year there likely needs to be a change at OC and DC

And flat out the eagles need to get faster

Yeah a fast guy in the slot would be nice but quez gotta go. He won’t fight for the ball if it’s not a perfect throw. On defense we need to get younger in the secondary and everybody needs to learn how to tackle.lol

I mean faster on defense. Every other team just looks like they get to the ball quicker than us

Resigning bradberry was a yuck. He’s getting worked left right and everywhere in between

And offense is honestly just QB and playcalling. QB because he’s not just taking what the defense gives him and playcalling as in the offense always looks like pulling teeth

I actually thought Sydney brown was flying to the ball really good tonight but his tackling was absolute complete dog ****..lol
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#649 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:Also a lot of fans will probably hate the quez play call, and he was for sure PI’ed

I think the problem on that one is jalen took too long to throw the ball. That throw traveled almost 60 yards. He needed to throw it earlier, that was one of the issues he had last year, taking too long to throw. Every half second you hold onto the ball you almost gotta throw an extra 10-15 yards and I think that was a perfect example

Yeah which is frustrating, Brian Johnson isn’t the sole issue, and there he actually dialed up the right play. But to be up 10-0 and lose 20-17 is just embarassing by the offense
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#650 » by Mamba42 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 am

last stand wrote:

I don’t think this is the week to do that

More like

Hurts=dak
I'm kidding, but a convo is needed about Hurts and the turnovers. Seems like people are mostly ignoring them in national media at least
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#651 » by Mamba42 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:38 am

Jaydubb wrote:

You really need to get off daks ballsack.lol
It's a comfortable place to be
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#652 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:39 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Yeah a fast guy in the slot would be nice but quez gotta go. He won’t fight for the ball if it’s not a perfect throw. On defense we need to get younger in the secondary and everybody needs to learn how to tackle.lol

I actually thought Sydney brown was flying to the ball really good tonight but his tackling was absolute complete dog ****..lol

It was pretty damn bad today.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#653 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:40 am

Mamba42 wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

You really need to get off daks ballsack.lol
It's a comfortable place to be

Like a pillow
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#654 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:41 am

Mamba42 wrote:
last stand wrote:

More like

Hurts=dak
I'm kidding, but a convo is needed about Hurts and the turnovers. Seems like people are mostly ignoring them in national media at least

They’re bad lol

What else is there to say. He’s doing it too much, I also don’t think Brian Johnson is doing him any favors

The offense is basically AJ or Devonta winning. Most of his INTs are up the field. Comparing the eagles to other good offenses and it just seems like other teams have guys getting open and the eagles seem like guys are just kinda not

And it’s not a talent issue. It’s a play calling issue, it’s an offensive design issue.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#655 » by Mamba42 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 am

last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:
last stand wrote:

More like

Hurts=dak

They’re bad lol

What else is there to say. He’s doing it too much, I also don’t think Brian Johnson is doing him any favors

The offense is basically AJ or Devonta winning. Most of his INTs are up the field. Comparing the eagles to other good offenses and it just seems like other teams have guys getting open and the eagles seem like guys are just kinda not

And it’s not a talent issue. It’s a play calling issue, it’s an offensive design issue.

Yeah it's not been good. It seems like maybe they got into too much of the mindset of first and 9 and the tush push so they kind of dialed things down. They don't play with any dynamism and, like you said, it is rare to see a guy open deep. I guess Quez was open deep today but the throw was late/short.

I'm more concerned with Hurts' last interception. Why in the world would you throw that? He's playing like Dak last year trying to be a hero when a check down there will get them into FG range with how soft Seattle was playing
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#656 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 am

Thing is I was going to feel bad even if they won. Nothing about that game felt like turning it around

I literally felt like I was watching the cowboy and miner games just against a worse team

If that was the ravens the eagles lose by 20

I think sirianni needs to clean house tbh. I think he needs new ideas and a whole lotta new personnel on defense

Eagles have a 1st and 2 2nds. They need new DBs and LBs

But if I’m being honest I think this is going to take another season to retool. Next year has to be about getting the offense right.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#657 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 am

Hurts had just 143 yards passing. 80 yards rushing.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#658 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:45 am

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

Yeah which is frustrating, Brian Johnson isn’t the sole issue, and there he actually dialed up the right play. But to be up 10-0 and lose 20-17 is just embarassing by the offense

I agree that BJ isn’t the only issue but I also think the eagles need to get way more creative in situational play calling. They had the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to run the clock out and mostly just saw a bunch of basic run plays to set up a 3rd and long. That’s not making things easier..lol
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,724

Post#659 » by GeorgeSears » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:47 am

Wow, the Eagles with a MASSIVE choke job in the 4th. Luckily for them, they get 3 easy matchups to close out the year, but this was an ugly defeat.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#660 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:47 am

last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:
last stand wrote:

More like

Hurts=dak

They’re bad lol

The offense doesn’t scheme guys open so hurts seems to force things more this year if they aren’t there. This isn’t something he typically does but this year he’s definitely done it more often

Return to The General NFL Board