Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Re: Week 5 Thread 

Post#681 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:35 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Bro he's not 8-12 anymore. Just stop man. It's pretty damn easy to list out 12 QB's better than Dak

Mahomes
Allen
Purdy
Herbert
Lawrence
Tua
Burrow
Hurts
Jackson
Stafford
Wilson
Cousins

These are all guys that are equal to or better than Dak.

And you left out Goff and D. Watson.

I didn’t leave Watson off, he’s a tier below.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,573

Post#682 » by azcatz11 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:37 am

El Turco wrote:Dak has never been a mvp candidate, unlike Purdy

He’s telling me I’m derailing when literally people are listing QBs ahead of Dak lol. “Focus on the exercise” as long as it fits your agenda
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#683 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:46 am

I don't really care about Dak anymore, he is old news.

I am just amused Shanahan turned a seventh round quarterback into a player with third best odds for mvp few weeks into his sophomore season
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,378

Post#684 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:00 am

azcatz11 wrote:
El Turco wrote:Dak has never been a mvp candidate, unlike Purdy

He’s telling me I’m derailing when literally people are listing QBs ahead of Dak lol. “Focus on the exercise” as long as it fits your agenda

:cuddle :kiss
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#685 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:05 am

El Turco wrote:I am just amused Shanahan turned a seventh round quarterback into a player with third best odds for mvp few weeks into his sophomore season

Well, It's about time. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#686 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:I am just amused Shanahan turned a seventh round quarterback into a player with third best odds for mvp few weeks into his sophomore season

Well, It's about time. :wink:

Just as amused as all the draft capital they gave up when they drafted Trey Lance.
El Turco

Post#687 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:11 pm

willing to waste all the draft capital in the world to find a mvp quarterback instead of being stuck with Dak or Geno

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#688 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:16 pm

Turk unleashes a shot! And I ain't even a 9ers fan...lol
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#689 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:51 pm

El Turco wrote:willing to waste all the draft capital in the world to find a mvp quarterback instead of being stuck with Dak or Geno

In the meantime how many more Super bowl appearances will it cost you trying to find one? Window won't be open forever. Its half closed now. 1 maybe 2 more shots, with this team as the way its constructed now, and then its over.
El Turco

Post#690 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:54 pm

no more trying, just gotta keep him upright.

El Turco

Post#691 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:55 pm

even darnold might get it done. just might.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#692 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:01 pm

El Turco wrote:I don't really care about Dak anymore, he is old news.

I am just amused Shanahan turned a seventh round quarterback into a player with third best odds for mvp few weeks into his sophomore season

Don’t forget Dak was lauded and applauded after his first couple of seasons too. Purdy looks good now but could easily revert back to a 7th round pick before his career is over. He hasn’t actually won anything yet so don’t go anointing him just yet.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#693 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:02 pm

El Turco wrote:willing to waste all the draft capital in the world to find a mvp quarterback instead of being stuck with Dak or Geno

Purdy has won an MVP? When did that happen?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#694 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:05 pm

El Turco wrote:even darnold might get it done. just might.

Good luck with that. :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,217

Post#695 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:09 pm

Re: Dak Prescott

I think once we get past ranking the top two tiers and elites (not many in today's NFL) it becomes an apples and oranges debate.

I think the main points of contention in the Dak Prescott debate are:

A. Is it literally impossible to win a ring with a Dak or Cousins type QB, which honestly I feel is just a ridiculous statement. Time and time again we see mid tier QBs win rings in the right system. System > QB.

I think I have always agreed that Dak can not win all by himself. He needs an elite defense and elite surroundings (just like every QB not named Mahomes)

B. More importantly, is it time for Dallas to cut ties and move onto Trey Lance or something else. This is a much more sane debate. Do I think Trey Lance is secretly the next Mahomes? HIGHLY unlikely. Will Trey Lance be an upgrade to Dak. Seriously doubt it, although not impossible. The other facet to this is Daks contract. Do I want to renew that and give Dak a much bigger Heubert sized contract than he has now? No I don't.

It's a rough spot to be in TBH. And lots of teams are in the same boat. Its really hard just to find a top-12ish QB and to find a Mahomes requires extreme luck of just being in position to draft him and that player turning out.

The years in-between Aikman and Romo were grueling. We went through a dozen crap QBs, all years wasted. It's really difficult for me to be eager to let go of Dak and jump right back into the QB search. But at the sane time I don't want to give Dak $200m either.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#696 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:16 pm

You know some of you Niner fans are so comical. So hilarious at times. Can't resist getting their usual pop shots on their favorite hated teams. I understand Seattle. They are a hated heated division rival. But for years, certain Niner fans just love pumping their chest when ragging on anything Dallas Cowboys. But I really don't understand it. Yes, we haven't won a Super Bowl going on 28 years now. The curse of Jerry is powerful. We get it. So what is San Francisco's excuse? It's been 29 years since your last chip.
Mr B
RealGM

Week 5 Thread 

Post#697 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You know some of you Niner fans are so comical. So hilarious at times. Can't resist getting their usual pop shots on their favorite hated teams. I understand Seattle. They are a hated heated division rival. But for years, certain Niner fans just love pumping their chest when ragging on anything Dallas Cowboys. But I really don't understand it. Yes, we haven't won a Super Bowl going on 28 years now. The curse of Jerry is powerful. We get it. So what is San Francisco's excuse? It's been 29 years since your last chip.

The Niners fans have a longer SB winning drought than the Cowboys.
El Turco

Post#698 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:41 pm

Mr B wrote:

Purdy has won an MVP? When did that happen?

he is third in odds..

Chiefs Patrick Mahomes +450
Dolphins Tua Tagovailoa +475
49ers Brock Purdy +700

El Turco

Post#699 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

has less to do with Cowboys, more to do with Cowboys' fanbase's emotional maturity that resembles girls from my super sweet sixteen. One of youse been trying to convince people that Dak is a top 10 quarterback for like whole week now, embarrassing.

you could've been a Browns fan and I still would've given you a hard time for who you are, not who you support.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#700 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:52 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Turk unleashes a shot! And I ain't even a 9ers fan...lol

The Hawks are in year two of a rebuild that is way ahead of schedule. If anything, he should be worried.

As for Geno? He's a fine bridge QB. Who is far from being a problem. As he's outperformed expectations & has played like a legit starter. His contract is also very team friendly. As there aren't a ton of guarantees. So the club has an easy out.

Most thought this team was for dead after the Wilson trade. When in reality, it's expedited the process. It's really quite remarkable the job that Carroll & the front office have done since.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General NFL Board