Week 13 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Re: Week 13 Thread 

Post#861 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:30 pm

Not sure why all this is being brought up right now to be honest..lmao but whatever
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#862 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:36 pm

righterwriter wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:This is the best NFL season of the last 25 years imo

How so? I honestly think it's been kind of boring.

I mean look at all these terrible prime time games like tonight.

As for CFB? Well, it's been one of the best college FB seasons in recent memory. :wink:

TBH, it reminds me of the old days when you'd have a few dominant teams and a lot of mediocre teams. That made it a bit disappointing in the regular season, but the playoffs were exciting.

Essentially.

It's great, if you're a fan of one those teams. But the overall product, no so much.

The NFL is basically the Big10 this year. One or two good teams, mixed in with a ton of mediocrity.

Even Tom Brady said that the product isn't what it use to be. It's slipping.

I mean every year it seems like it's becoming more of a flag fest. Where there's alot of questionable calls being made in real time. It's becoming increasingly difficult to play defense because of all the rule changes.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#863 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:45 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
I mentioned in that game thread that I was doing that because that’s exactly what cowboy fans do..lol penalties happen all the time but cowboy fans like to pick and choose what penalties to talk about. When it favors the eagles, that’s the only time penalties get talked about (for the most part). I was just trying to point out how annoying that was. Looked like it worked.

I understand what you were attempting to do.
But you failed.
You’re comparing apples to grenades.
10 to 9 is not same thing. Not by a long shot.
No game is reffed perfect and some team is inevitably going to be be favoured. And yes to whine about that is silly. But the 10 to 0 game you guys had for example was epic. Watching a 10 to 0 penalty game is like watching a perfect game pitched in baseball. So rare.
So basically comparing a paper cut to a gunshot wound.

I didn’t fail. It seems to have effected you quite deeply actually that you feel the need to go back months ago to bring up old conversations. What I did in the seahawk/cowboy game was not to be taken seriously, but it looks like you did and it seems to have effected you in some way. I’m sorry.

It didn’t. lol
After you did it I didn’t even bother to comment on it.
I’m only mentioning it now cause it seems to be a pattern with you. You take someone else’s argument and think you can do the same while ignoring context.
Mariner
Senior

Post#864 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:46 pm

I really can’t remember. Was the cowboys eagle game always a Sunday nighter or was it flexed?
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Week 13 Thread 

Post#865 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:47 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:I understand what you were attempting to do.
But you failed.
You’re comparing apples to grenades.
10 to 9 is not same thing. Not by a long shot.
No game is reffed perfect and some team is inevitably going to be be favoured. And yes to whine about that is silly. But the 10 to 0 game you guys had for example was epic. Watching a 10 to 0 penalty game is like watching a perfect game pitched in baseball. So rare.
So basically comparing a paper cut to a gunshot wound.

I didn’t fail. It seems to have effected you quite deeply actually that you feel the need to go back months ago to bring up old conversations. What I did in the seahawk/cowboy game was not to be taken seriously, but it looks like you did and it seems to have effected you in some way. I’m sorry.

It didn’t. lol
After you did it I didn’t even bother to comment on it.
I’m only mentioning it now cause it seems to be a pattern with you. You take someone else’s argument and think you can do the same while ignoring context.

Mmkay. I have no idea what you’re talking about but ok man.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#866 » by last stand » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:24 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:I realize you guys are joking but all those comments from last year from 49ers fans were all pretty much validated.

Yeah because there were no differences going into this game than there were going into the last game

Including the last game happening and everything that happened after the game

Losing purdy affected the game last time. That doesn’t mean the 49ers would’ve won the last game

The Niners lost their qb on the second drive of the game. And the game was tied after that. The Eagles lost their qb for a few plays down 21 in the late 3rd or early 4th. Not comparable. But if you want to talk missing players, which team is missing a first team All Pro? It ma not prove that the Niners would have kept doing what they had always done with Purdy…but it sure does add one hell of an argument for that conclusion.

Who’s talking about missing players?

I’m only saying the eagles were a different team last season as were the niners

There were different circumstances going into last seasons game including that it was the nfc championship, the eagles were playing differently, had quite a few different players on defense. And quite frankly just even the anger/energy the niners had going into this game came from how they felt about the last one

There’s nothing to assume that purdy staying healthy would equal a niners win. The only reality is that purdy being healthy would have changed the game entirely and that’s always been the reality.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#867 » by last stand » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:28 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:I realize you guys are joking but all those comments from last year from 49ers fans were all pretty much validated.

Yeah because there were no differences going into this game than there were going into the last game

Including the last game happening and everything that happened after the game

Losing purdy affected the game last time. That doesn’t mean the 49ers would’ve won the last game

I’m not saying the 49ers would have won. Just saying it would have been a lot different.
As fans we finally got a glimpse of what this matchup really looks like.

lol no we didn’t. We got a full reality of what it looks like in 2023

A game in 2023 is not a glimpse into 2022

You want to say that purdy being healthy changes the game in 2022 that’s a fair assumption. That’s a likely reality.

You want to say a game in 2023 is similar to how a game in 2022 would result?

Doesn’t make sense

Should I say that if the packers had started Jordan love instead of Rodgers in 2022 they could’ve beaten the chiefs in the Super Bowl?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#868 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:54 pm

Obviously Purdy wouldnt have guaranteed victory but I thought Niners would have a very good chance with the way game was progressing. Heck I thought they had a puncher's chance even with Josh Johnson.

It is what it is, cant dwell on it. Injuries are a big part of the game and has a huge an impact how playoffs are decided pretty much in every sport.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#869 » by last stand » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:59 pm

El Turco wrote:Obviously Purdy wouldnt have guaranteed victory but I thought Niners would have a very good chance with the way game was progressing. Heck I thought they had a puncher's chance even with Josh Johnson.

It is what it is, cant dwell on it. Injuries are a big part of the game and has a huge an impact how playoffs are decided pretty much in every sport.

Of course they would’ve had a good chance. They’re incredibly talented. As an eagles fan I understand a healthy purdy means a different NFC championship

But I don’t feel it means the niners win. It just means they have a chance to win, possibly a good one. Which purdy being injured removed
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#870 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:28 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Looks to me like the Eagles only lost because of all the injuries. Even the QB had to leave the game.

I'm sure a rematch would go differently.

That was an acceptable excuse last time, so I guess we can try it..lmaoo

I realize you guys are joking but all those comments from last year from 49ers fans were all pretty much validated.

All my jokes contain a kernel of truth. :lol:

The second level of the defense, which the 49ers exposed in the game, is a result of injuries. Right now the Eagles have no LB who is even adequate in coverage, nickel corner is a gaping weakness, and I don't know the name of whatever 6th DB gets on the field occasionally.

So attacking the Eagles defense becomes a game of "find the practice squadder in coverage" and Purdy was admittedly very good at it.

He's not a 1st team All-Pro but having Avonte Maddox available would make a bit of a difference. Zach Cunningham at LB was decent at least.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#871 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:31 pm

Anyway, go Jags!
Mariner
Senior

Post#872 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:44 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:Obviously Purdy wouldnt have guaranteed victory but I thought Niners would have a very good chance with the way game was progressing. Heck I thought they had a puncher's chance even with Josh Johnson.

Of course they would’ve had a good chance. They’re incredibly talented. As an eagles fan I understand a healthy purdy means a different NFC championship

But I don’t feel it means the niners win. It just means they have a chance to win, possibly a good one. Which purdy being injured removed

For me it’s not really who would have won the game.
Just that as fans we were robbed of the game.
I think for a lot of 49ers fans this wasn’t a rematch. It was the first meeting.
The eagles were very deserving of going to the SB. They even proved it by playing well in it. ( even had they played poorly still deserving )
They are not being penalized.
I do get however how the 49ers must feel. I think they’ve won like 16 in a row when their top players are playing. No reason for them to think they would lose.

But that why we play the games cause we can’t assume anything. So I see both sides.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,584

Post#873 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:54 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Anyway, go Jags!

You should hop on the FSU train also...go ahead and change your avatar 8-)
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#874 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:55 pm

Purdy is now the favorite to win MVP
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#875 » by last stand » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:04 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

For me it’s not really who would have won the game.
Just that as fans we were robbed of the game.
I think for a lot of 49ers fans this wasn’t a rematch. It was the first meeting.
The eagles were very deserving of going to the SB. They even proved it by playing well in it. ( even had they played poorly still deserving )
They are not being penalized.
I do get however how the 49ers must feel. I think they’ve won like 16 in a row when their top players are playing. No reason for them to think they would lose.

But that why we play the games cause we can’t assume anything. So I see both sides.

I can understand that

For me I just know it’s a different game if he plays. Everything else I have no clue. The eagles and niners were both in different places.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,219

Post#876 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:18 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Purdy is now the favorite to win MVP

Read on Twitter

For the record I don't think I agree with this. Dak should be up there yes, he has been amazing, but it's hard for me to feel like he deserves MVP without the Cowboys beating a juggernaut.

That said, I don't really feel like Purdy is the most valuable player either, or Hurts for that matter.

It's a weird year for MVP TBH.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,380

Post#877 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Read on Twitter

For the record I don't think I agree with this. Dak should be up there yes, he has been amazing, but it's hard for me to feel like he deserves MVP without the Cowboys beating a juggernaut.

That said, I don't really feel like Purdy is the most valuable player either, or Hurts for that matter.

Totally agree. The Egal O-line is the MVP of that team and Purdy is just along for a ride with probably the best overall talented team in the NFL.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#878 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Read on Twitter

My MVP rn is Tyreek Hill.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#879 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:50 pm

I dont particularly have Purdy as my MVP but not logical have Dak over Purdy. Purdy is slightly better statistically but also he has actually beaten teams with a pulse.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#880 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:21 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Anyway, go Jags!

You should hop on the FSU train also...go ahead and change your avatar 8-)

Done :usa:

Too bad I can't select Red Star Belgrade as a soccer team. :(

But I can select a 4th tier Italian club.

Return to The General NFL Board