Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Re: Lamar Jackson 

Post#3 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 11:35 pm

Im not really shocked that the market isnt going to be huge for Jackson. He is going to be looking for one of the biggest (if not biggest) pay days and I think teams just are arent too high on QBs that arent elite level passers. Plus he has missed 10 games the last 2 seasons as well.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,813

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Mar 8, 2023 12:29 am

DO NOT WANT 4 THE RAIDERS STAY AWAY! FIX THE F*CKING OLINE & DLINE & GET AN ELITE LINEBACKER & FIX THE SECONDARY 1ST!!
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#5 » by Dominator83 » Thu Mar 9, 2023 12:57 am

Yea no way. Who's gonna give two 1st round picks AND back the brinks truck for him? That's double dipping and would only do that for a super elite.

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts
Burrow

That's the list
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,626

Post#6 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Mar 9, 2023 6:50 am

I'm a Falcons fan. I like Lamar, but i don't want him on the Falcons due to his injury history. Cam Newton started to decline at age 27, Lamar is 26yrs old now.
TheShow2021
Junior
And1: 570

Post#7 » by TheShow2021 » Thu Mar 9, 2023 10:03 am

Dominater wrote:Yea no way. Who's gonna give two 1st round picks AND back the brinks truck for him? That's double dipping and would only do that for a super elite.

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts
Burrow

That's the list

It makes me laugh and cringe when people think Jalen Hurts is an elite QB. AJ Brown, a top offensive line, their team is loaded because he is on a rookie contract. There are at least ten QB that outperform Hurts, if they switched places with him.

Tua was on his way out of the league, then they got Tyreke, a new head coach, and suddenly he's at 8.9 ypa and a 3:1 TD to INT ratio. Is Tua elite too?

What about Brock Purdy? Are all these players better than Aaron Rodgers?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#8 » by Dominator83 » Thu Mar 9, 2023 10:24 am

TheShow2021 wrote:
Dominater wrote:Yea no way. Who's gonna give two 1st round picks AND back the brinks truck for him? That's double dipping and would only do that for a super elite.

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts
Burrow

That's the list

It makes me laugh and cringe when people think Jalen Hurts is an elite QB. AJ Brown, a top offensive line, their team is loaded because he is on a rookie contract. There are at least ten QB that outperform Hurts, if they switched places with him.

Tua was on his way out of the league, then they got Tyreke, a new head coach, and suddenly he's at 8.9 ypa and a 3:1 TD to INT ratio. Is Tua elite too?

Hurts shower out in the SB as both a runner AND made amazing passes.

I'm a bears fan and Lamar Jackson imo is a glorified Justin Fields. In fact if you swap their rosters you probably would think Fields is Better. I'll take Hurts over Lamar all day everyday.

I would definitely add Rodgers to that list of he was younger
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,919

Post#9 » by SK21209 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:04 pm

The Lamar/Ravens standoff is really interesting because its turned into a proxy war between the owners and the players' association IMO, the latter of whom see this as the opportunity to bring guaranteed contracts into the NFL. If its just the desperate Browns doing it for Watson, that's an outlier. If a second team does it with Lamar, now Burrow, Herbert and Lawrence are demanding that as the new normal. Every team has an interest in nipping this in the bud, but it just takes one team like the Lions or Falcons saying **** it to screw everyone else.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,223

Post#10 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:28 pm

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts
Burrow

That's the list

Mahomes is it

He's the only one
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,591

Post#11 » by hermes » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:40 pm

SK21209 wrote:The Lamar/Ravens standoff is really interesting because its turned into a proxy war between the owners and the players' association IMO, the latter of whom see this as the opportunity to bring guaranteed contracts into the NFL. If its just the desperate Browns doing it for Watson, that's an outlier. If a second team does it with Lamar, now Burrow, Herbert and Lawrence are demanding that as the new normal. Every team has an interest in nipping this in the bud, but it just takes one team like the Lions or Falcons saying **** it to screw everyone else.

cousins has had guaranteed contracts since he's been on the vikings
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#12 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:23 am

TheShow2021 wrote:

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts
Burrow

That's the list

This is a bad take. Did you watch Hurts this year especially in the super bowl? Hurts set a NFL record and if it wasn't for that garbage field by the Chiefs inside guy Philly probably wins that game.

Right now I only take 4-5 QBs over Hurts. They are Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Allen and maybe Lawrence. I get Rodgers but he's older and probably has 3 good seasons left I wouldn't give up potentially 10+ years of Hurts for that.

Back on topic it pisses me off that Baltimore is playing hardball with Lamar, I think the teams that really need a QB are going to draft one and IMHO The Jets are probably going after Rodgers
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Post#14 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lamar is a great example on why some guys really do need an agent. Everything about his situation for the last year has been handled so badly.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,378

Post#15 » by hippesthippo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:04 am

Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't heard a single peep from other teams now that it's been over two weeks where he's been allowed to negotiate. Lamar really needs to do himself a favor and hire an agent. I have no clue what he's thinking. I get owners more or less colluding on fully guaranteed contracts with regards to not wanting to start a trend (Cousins was an outlier, Watson was a shock, a third fully guaranteed contract for a QB would be a trend). Lamar is not going to be able to navigate this situation by himself.

From the Raven's point of view, right now they can play him this season at $35m and next year at something closer to $45-50m before having to make a decision. At that point, if he hasn't developed as a pocket passer, they can just let him walk, get a compensatory pick, and not have to worry about how he holds up physically.

Mahomes
Allen
Hurts
Burrow

That's the list

Jalen Hurts is a good QB, but I struggle to see how you think he's significantly better than Lamar Jackson. Both have had similar MVP type seasons. Lamar Jackson actually won one, while Hurts fell off down the stretch because of injuries during his campaign last year.

I might give Hurts a slight edge in accuracy, but Jackson's arm strength is a level above Hurts. Jackson is also the more dynamic runner as well, although it's not a huge gap.

That's not even mentioning the Eagle's pass blocking is league's above the Raven's and their WR's aren't even close.

AJ Brown is a top5 WR with a large catch radius, body control to win 50/50 balls, and a YAC monster. Davonte Smith is a speedster that can take the top off of a defense, but is also a great route runner. Dallas Goedert is an above average receiving TE and Miles Sanders is a receiving threat out of the backfield as well.

What skill players have the Raven's surrounded Jackson with? Hollywood Brown was ok for a few years, but he hasn't shown much else in Arizona either. I think Rashod Bateman has the talent to be a starting outside WR in this league, but the Raven's haven't let him develop at all they just use him as a blocker. He's not a good fit on the Raven's, he'd be better on a team with a gunslinger like the Ram's. After that we have Mark Andrews, the best safety valve in the league. He can obviously do more, but the Raven's don't prioritize receiving skills with their RB's, so a huge portion of Andrews targets are check downs.

I guess the argument comes down to whether or not you think Lamar Jackson can be successful outside of Baltimore's offense. I think Baltimore needs to open up their offense and let Jackson grow as a QB. I'd also point out in return that the Eagle's have heavily tilted their scheme towards Hurt's strengths as well. That's just smart coaching.
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,432

Post#16 » by jg77 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:08 pm

Lamar is in a different tier than Jalen Hurts.

There is Mahomes.

Then Lamar, Burrow, and Allen

Lamar is 45-17 as a starter with the weakest supporting casts of all these QBs in the top 6 including Mahomes. He's had his team first in the AFC North (before injury) w/ Devin Duvernay as his WR1.

Mark Andrews is a nice player but he's a tier or two below Travis Kelce.

I feel bad for Lamar cause the Ravens don't do any him favors. They don't surround him with talent on offense but ask him to do everything. He's QB1 and RB1 for them. Pay the man what's he worth.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,206

Post#17 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:41 am

Ravens win. Nobody paying that Price tag
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,453

Post#18 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 8, 2023 12:57 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Ravens win. Nobody paying that Price tag
At the cost of 2 first round picks, i don't blame them.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#19 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:17 am

jg77 wrote:Lamar is in a different tier than Jalen Hurts.

There is Mahomes.

Lamar is 45-17 as a starter with the weakest supporting casts of all these QBs in the top 6 including Mahomes. He's had his team first in the AFC North (before injury) w/ Devin Duvernay as his WR1.

I feel bad for Lamar cause the Ravens don't do any him favors. They don't surround him with talent on offense but ask him to do everything. He's QB1 and RB1 for them. Pay the man what's he worth.

Huh? I am a Ravens fan but this is a hot take. Hurts is the better player now he's smarter and I think the more elusive guy plus I doubt they have the same season they did with Lamar over Hurts. Lamar suffers from the same thing Cam Newton did they think they are invincible and welcome contract which has caused them to miss serious time. This is a very good QB crop and teams would have one of them on rookie deal plus two picks then Lamar on what his agent wants which is $200+ million

Honesty off the top of my head I see only Miami or Washington as the two logical spots outside Baltimore.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,432

Post#20 » by jg77 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:43 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lamar is in a different tier than Jalen Hurts.

There is Mahomes.

Huh? I am a Ravens fan but this is a hot take. Hurts is the better player now he's smarter and I think the more elusive guy plus I doubt they have the same season they did with Lamar over Hurts. Lamar suffers from the same thing Cam Newton did they think they are invincible and welcome contract which has caused them to miss serious time. This is a very good QB crop and teams would have one of them on rookie deal plus two picks then Lamar on what his agent wants which is $200+ million

Honesty off the top of my head I see only Miami or Washington as the two logical spots outside Baltimore.

Lamar plays nothing like Cam. Hurts is more comparable to Cam as a runner but Hurts is definitely more elusive. Lamar doesn't welcome contact...he's always running out of bounds, juking or falling down when he sees a crowd. The only time you'll see him take some contact is when Roman had him run QB power up the gut.

And Jalen isn't more elusive than Lamar...actually it's not even close imo.

I can't say Hurts is better when he has a top O line, AJ Brown, Devonta Smith and Goedert. He's a really good cast.

I've seen Lamar do more w/ less more than anyone in the league.

Return to The General NFL Board