What's that website for Stat Geeks for the NFL?

Moderator: bwgood77

Wade3Iverson
Head Coach
And1: 2

What's that website for Stat Geeks for the NFL? 

Post#1 » by Wade3Iverson » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:05 am

So whats the equivalent of 82games.com or basketball-reference.com in terms of the NFL?
The best engine in the world is the vagina -- started with one finger, self-lubricating, takes any size piston and changes it's own oil every month. Pitty it's so temperamental
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#2 » by J.Kim » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:08 am

Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 12:38 pm

Also check out the following:

www.databasefootball.com
www.football-reference.com
www.coldhardfootballfacts.com

Football Outsiders is like the Baseball Prospectus of football sites.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#4 » by J.Kim » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:25 pm

Cold Hard Football Facts is a new one... Thanks BBJ

Check out Football Reference's blog if you can... it's a good read... I try to catch up but there's not enough time...
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:42 pm

CHFF can be a bit snarky and condescending at times (they once openly feuded with the guys over at FO over something really dumb
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
HCYanks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#6 » by HCYanks » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:56 pm

"Our facts can beat up your opinions."

Sure, they talk tough, but what happens when they have to leave their Moms' basements and face sunlight?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#7 » by Icness » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:08 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:CHFF can be a bit snarky and condescending at times (they once openly feuded with the guys over at FO over something really dumb
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:43 pm

Ah, that explains why they seem to know so much...they stole it from you.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#9 » by Icness » Tue Apr 3, 2007 1:21 am

Basketball Jesus wrote:Ah, that explains why they seem to know so much...they stole it from you.

In actuality, I pirated the idea from a feature in Pro Football Weekly that was trying to explain why red zone defense was so important. That pointed out how the three teams with the top red zone D % ranked pretty low in total yards allowed but all had great records and upper echelon scoring defenses. It works out pretty much every year, as that site has correctly charted. My math isn't good enough to figure it out as often and as quickly as they do.
Kid Vicious
Analyst
And1: 478

Post#10 » by Kid Vicious » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:41 pm

JohnnyBoy8102
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by JohnnyBoy8102 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:56 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:I've always used:

http://www.profootballreference.com

The only thing I don't like about profootballreference is the fact that there aren't any defensive player stats and the pro bowl totals for some players are wrong. If a player was voted to the pro bowl but bowed out because of injury it doesn't list that year as a pro bowl year.

I like databasefootball.com but some of the stats for certain players are wrong as well.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#12 » by Icness » Wed Apr 4, 2007 12:31 pm

JohnnyBoy8102 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The only thing I don't like about profootballreference is the fact that there aren't any defensive player stats and the pro bowl totals for some players are wrong. If a player was voted to the pro bowl but bowed out because of injury it doesn't list that year as a pro bowl year.

I like databasefootball.com but some of the stats for certain players are wrong as well.

I never picked up on that before, good catch!
JohnnyBoy8102
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by JohnnyBoy8102 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:05 pm

Icness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I never picked up on that before, good catch!

I noticed it when I was checking pro bowls for players and I remembered certain seasons that they actually made it(that I remembered) and it wasn't listed.

For example: this season Al Wilson made MLB for the AFC.....he bowed out and then Ray Lewis was named to the Pro Bowl as his replacement. Then Ray was hurt and bowed out and Bart Scott was named as a replacement. On that site it will only list Al Wilson as making the Pro Bowl when Scott and Lewis should get credit as well.

Return to The General NFL Board