Ricky Williams' Comeback.

Moderator: bwgood77

WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Ricky Williams' Comeback. 

Post#1 » by WashWiz54 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:51 am

NEW YORK -- Ricky Williams, the former NFL star who played in Canada last season after being suspended for a year for substance abuse, has applied for reinstatement.

Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, said the running back, who will turn 30 in May, had sent a letter asking that he be allowed to return to the Miami Dolphins.

The NFL confirmed that Williams had sought reinstatement, for which he will be eligible after April 27, when he will have been suspended for a year. Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said the team had no comment because Williams is not yet eligible for reinstatement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2828677

So do you guys think the Dolphins will want him back, or will they try to trade him? If they try to trade him who will want him?

And if Ricky does get reinstated how will he do in the 07-08 season?
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#2 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:54 am

I think Ricky will be happy to serve as Brown's backup. See what Dolphins decide
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Apr 7, 2007 7:02 am

He will be traded back to the Saints For Deuce, Bush, Colston, Will Smith, and Fred Thomas.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,190

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:53 pm

I don't think Ricky will do much at the pro level ever again and I believe they would trade him for a late round pick.

Return to The General NFL Board