ImageImageImage

Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Re: Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena 

Post#21 » by DBC10 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:12 am

bstein14 wrote:I don't mind a punch to the face if the guy does something to deserve it... but I will 100% say if its just something said about how much the team sucks or he sucks or something minor you have to be able to let that slide off the court and you have to be able to handle it next time you are on the court.

How about we just reserve punches in general and at least pretend harder to be adults? Honestly, I don't see the level it would take to punch a dude in the face, unless Eubanks initiated contact first. If you can't deal with trash talk over a basketball game, then you clearly need some sort of counseling
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,282

Re: Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena 

Post#22 » by NYPiston » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:18 am

Well, we shouldn't assume anything until more details come out but knowing Stewart's history it seems like a safe bet that he initiated this.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#23 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:20 am

Good news, we’re not in game 7 of the finals.

If he misses more time, we’ll be ok.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,864

Post#24 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:49 am

flow wrote:What a clown that stiff is. Giving him that ridiculous extension is cause enough to fire Weaver.

No, it’s not. It’s been considered a reasonable extension and several teams inquired to trade for him.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#25 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:51 am

Hopefully none of you that are bitching about Stewart are the same ones that thought trading for Draymond would be a good idea.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#26 » by flow » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:06 am

theBigLip wrote:Hopefully none of you that are bitching about Stewart are the same ones that thought trading for Draymond would be a good idea.

Stewart's not on the level of Draymond Green as a player. He's a g-league draymond wannabe.

I'm not upset that Stewart's a hot head. I'm upset that he's an exceedingly mediocre basketball player.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,764

Post#27 » by Cowology » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:10 am

Pending details this sounds like a dumb thing to do, but not something I'm personally going to get bent out of shape over. Eubanks wanna F around with Stew, he gonna find out. *shrug* That's kinda on him.

If the timing/situation were different I'd probably be more concerned, but if all it costs is a couple of games and a fine for Stew, then hopefully he learns from that and everybody moves on. Whatever.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#28 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:11 am

flow wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Hopefully none of you that are bitching about Stewart are the same ones that thought trading for Draymond would be a good idea.

Stewart's not on the level of Draymond Green as a player. He's a g-league draymond wannabe.

I'm not upset that Stewart's a hot head. I'm upset that he's an exceedingly mediocre basketball player.

The point wasn’t comparing their basketball abilities but what the rest of the thread is about - doing crazy **** that can impact your team. But that being said, Draymond and his contract isn’t a huge positive value.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#29 » by The Moose » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:59 am

Read on Twitter
?

suspension incoming
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#30 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:06 am

flow wrote:What a clown that stiff is. Giving him that ridiculous extension is cause enough to fire Weaver.

Weaver knew what he was doing trading that lotto pick for Stew. Weaver surely gonna be fired before it conveys. Weavers playing chess not checkers yall!
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#32 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:47 am

Just the cherry on top for this horrific season.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#33 » by Indomitable » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:48 am

vege wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:As if how bad and hopeless we are is not enough, we also have this kind of dumb stuff from our borderline NBA players.

In the Bad Boys & Going to Work eras, most would have cheered this on and laughed at the situation.

I like Stewart’s attitude and wish more players had that edge.

I’m personally cool with it until I hear the details.

I wish our society and culture weren’t trending to be so soft.

That's dumb stuff that will get you suspended and hurt the team. We should have more Wiseman minutes while Stewart is suspended.

At least he won't be starting at the 4 for a while which is good.

There is a difference between being soft, and be amoral, or not understand the repercussion of some actions.

He punch a man in the face. Do not get in someone else face unless you are willing to be punched.

Stewart did not sneak up on him. Actions have consequences.
:banghead:
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#34 » by Uncle Mxy » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:36 am

Don't let your beefs with players stew into something unhealthy. Seriously, I'd love more info.

https://theathletic.com/5276718/2024/02/14/isaiah-stewart-drew-eubanks-punch-pistons-suns/

Williams said he talked to Stewart and Stewart shared what happened. Williams continued by saying he thought the Suns saying the altercation was “unprovoked” was irresponsible. He believes all of the information should be gathered before saying something like that.

If TMZ Sports weren't busy from the mass shooting in KC <deep sigh>, I bet we'd have the arrest report by now.
gusman
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#35 » by gusman » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:12 pm

This is a red flag, especially after the LeBron incident. The dude is a loose cannon. I think of him just like Killian.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#36 » by Rip32 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:32 pm

Eubanks probably deserved it.

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#37 » by hoophabit » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:38 pm

gusman wrote:This is a red flag, especially after the LeBron incident. The dude is a loose cannon. I think of him just like Killian.

Frankly, I consider this far more concerning than "the LeBron incident." In that case the league's number one prima donna got pissed about being played physically and blatantly elbowed Stewart in the face. Seeing your own blood after something like that can set a person off. A punch pursuant to some woofing is entirely different. All that said, let's wait until the particulars become available, although there's no reason to expect Stewart to be exonerated.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,158

Post#38 » by bstein14 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:51 pm

Interesting connection here... Drew Eubanks agent is James Dunleavy, who is one of the two agents listed for Cade Cunningham. Cade's main agent is Jeff Schwartz who is the #1 guy at excel. James Dunleavy is also the agent for Saddiq Bey... Cade is by far the best guy on Dunleavy's roster of clients.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 589

Post#39 » by LaSheed » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:00 pm

I mean I don't really care but when he makes dumb fouls on the court thinking with his muscles instead of his brain it drives me crazy.

I swear Cade and Stewart make some the laziest/dumb fouls that I can recall at times.

Whatever. Punch Monty instead Beef.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,059

Post#40 » by Snakebites » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:06 pm

It is annoying to me, but what bothers me more is that I don’t really care from a basketball perspective. Stewart hasn’t been all that good this year and I don’t think him being missing hurts us all that much.

And that’s what we’re paying 15 million for a while after this.

Troy didn’t want to feel (or look) like he got nothing from the 2020 draft.

Return to Detroit Pistons