ImageImageImage

Who will fill Detroits (2-3) roster spots and counting (Abandoning Ship)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,323

Re: Who will fill Detroits (3) roster spots and counting (Abandoning Ship) 

Post#41 » by vege » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:12 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Weaver loves trading for guys just to release them. It’s his favorite

Honestly, waiving these guys means nothing big picture…

I just wish he’d focus on actually acquiring talent that helps us get better…..

Instead, he seems laser-focused on trading away and then trying to replenish 2nd rounders. 2nd rounders are his beam of existence. His 2nd round pick allotment means more to him than anything. 2nd rounders are what’s keeping us from being a solid 15-win team.

We don't owe any of our 2nds untill 2028. He acquired a bunch of late 2nds. He is so **** bad.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Who will fill Detroits 2 open roster spots 

Post#42 » by chrbal » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:02 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
Churble your 100 % wrong ,Bagley would help this team with his double doubles ,all you have is talk and no facts to back up what your saiying .
You need to see the number he's putting up consistantly as a starter not a bench warmer ,now if we traded Wiseman instead of him i would agree with the trade.i would have never giving up 2 seconds unless it was Wiseman instead of Bagley in the deal.
His contract is cheap for the numbers he's putting up.Trading for him was a good deal if we keeped him,but the pistons did not know how to play him so they keeped him on the bench,
Bagley is not the problem in washington anybody can see that by the numbers he' putting up in every game

Churble you and the Pistons have a problem of not valueing picks that's why the pistons have very few 2nds for years to come because they keep giving them away like candy.

For all the people who do not value seconds like Detroit and Churble you miss out on players like Nikola Jokic who was picked in the second round.

Marvin Bagley III First Four Games With Wizards:
72 Points
45 Rebounds
6 Assists

Marvin Bagley III With The Wizards:

20 Points | 11 Rebounds | 62.5% FG
21 Points | 12 Rebounds | 42.1% FG
14 Points | 7 Rebounds | 55.6% FG
17 Points | 15 Rebounds | 87.5% FG
http://buzzlamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/sbBoob1.gif

I can’t decide if you're attempting to do an elaborate troll job, you’re related to him, or are just this clueless.

I think it’s funny you keep citing those 4 games as if he hasn’t played any other games for them

No one’s ever argued against his offensive skills or his ability to fill in a basic stat line.

He still can’t shoot with much range, very limited defensive skills, a weak basketball iq, and he still can’t stay healthy.

His numbers look as good as they are and he’s starting because they wanted an asset for Gafford. Which made Richaun Holmes their only other choice at center.

He’s playing more than roughly 15 minutes per game for your team, you're going to the lottery.

His starting stat padding and his effectiveness line up with pretty much his entire career and it’s not even that impressive. It’s like 14 and 7 in around 120 games.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/baglema01/splits/
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,512

Re: Who will fill Detroits (2-3) roster spots and counting (Abandoning Ship) 

Post#43 » by Canadafan » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=g0bWmpV0D0-b5Etagb6UCw&s=19

Wow. I like it! A true vet. Need more like this to give us some damn leadership

Return to Detroit Pistons