Game 62 - Pistons vs. Nets - 7pm ET 

Post#1 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:58 am

Grimes is OUT
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Re: Game 62 - Pistons vs. Nets - 7pm ET 

Post#2 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:27 pm

Luke Kennard just beat this full strength Nets team by himself with a cast of Gleaguers as teammates so we should win
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#3 » by GreekAlex » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:48 pm

Wow, the nets are only favored by 2.5

Line must have swung heavily once the oddsmakers realized Cam Johnson wasn’t available :lol:
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,090

Post#4 » by joedumars1 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:13 pm

GreekAlex wrote:Wow, the nets are only favored by 2.5

Line must have swung heavily once the oddsmakers realized Cam Johnson wasn’t available :lol:

Some want to trade possibly the first overall pick for bridges. He’s a sweet player, but I’d rather sarr lol
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,059

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:18 pm

joedumars1 wrote:

Some want to trade possibly the first overall pick for bridges. He’s a sweet player, but I’d rather sarr lol

Bridges fits perfectly though. Sarr? I guess he fits if we trade Duren. I know people like his perimeter potential but his niche in this league is as a center IMO.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#6 » by GreekAlex » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:33 pm

Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:

Bridges fits perfectly though. Sarr? I guess he fits if we trade Duren. I know people like his perimeter potential but his niche in this league is as a center IMO.

Personally I’d rather have Mikal over Sarr if we’re comparing the 2 players but Bridges only has 2 seasons left under contract after this one.

I’d want an extension would out or some type of understanding before the trade.

Once players are coming off their second contract, the team with his bird rights doesn’t have a ton of leverage. It’s still better than trying to fight it out for an ufa but probably not worth the #1 pick.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,159

Post#7 » by bstein14 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:05 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Some want to trade possibly the first overall pick for bridges. He’s a sweet player, but I’d rather sarr lol

Personally I’d rather have Mikal over Sarr if we’re comparing the 2 players but Bridges only has 2 seasons left under contract after this one.

Once players are coming off their second contract, the team with his bird rights doesn’t have a ton of leverage. It’s still better than trying to fight it out for an ufa but probably not worth the #1 pick.

Bridges would play one season with us and then want a massive $300 million extension.
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man
And1: 497

Post#8 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:06 pm

Nets announce Ben Simmons out for the rest of the year.
Someone said Mikal Bridges was booed "on his own homecourt"... I'd love to trade for him.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#9 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:22 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Nets announce Ben Simmons out for the rest of the year.
Someone said Mikal Bridges was booed "on his own homecourt"... I'd love to trade for him.

All Ben Simmons does is return
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,282

Post#10 » by NYPiston » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:45 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Grimes is OUT

What else is new? Good trade Troy
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:47 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:Nets announce Ben Simmons out for the rest of the year.

All Ben Simmons does is return

ha ha... until his contract year.. maybe
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by joedumars1 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:47 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Some want to trade possibly the first overall pick for bridges. He’s a sweet player, but I’d rather sarr lol

Bridges is good/very good, but he puts us a middling team I’d guess. Sarr maybe even risascher if we want to keep duren and not try to pair with sarr potentially ( I hate that word) with Cade could make us way better for longer. With all the losing middling would be fine, but getting a star with the first be better. I don’t care what they do really, I just think I’d keep taking the shots, lol.
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:26 pm

Gotta start somewhere. We're too young and have to make a move like this. I have no confidence we'll sign anyone major. But if we had traded for him a month ago, it might have attracted a free agent. Tobias Harris is the ceiling.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#14 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:30 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Bridges fits perfectly though. Sarr? I guess he fits if we trade Duren. I know people like his perimeter potential but his niche in this league is as a center IMO.

Bridges is good/very good, but he puts us a middling team I’d guess. Sarr maybe even risascher if we want to keep duren and not try to pair with sarr potentially ( I hate that word) with Cade could make us way better for longer. With all the losing middling would be fine, but getting a star with the first be better. I don’t care what they do really, I just think I’d keep taking the shots, lol.

We will not acquire one player who makes us a contender.

The move now is to grab guys who complement the skills of the core. Bridges- shooting takes offensive pressure off of Cade/Ivey and his defense takes pressure off of them too.

I don’t think we can get him but if you can do it for our pick you do it.
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 7, 2024 11:38 pm

Monty Williams on Taj Gibson: “I just like having another veteran guy around our team. We look at Evan and how he’s had an impact on the floor and in some other areas. Taj is an example of how you handle your business on the court, it can pay dividends in other areas.”
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by joedumars1 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 11:43 pm

Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

The move now is to grab guys who complement the skills of the core. Bridges- shooting takes offensive pressure off of Cade/Ivey and his defense takes pressure off of them too.

I can see why, just would hate to let a possible star on both ends that’s 7ft go. Idk if he is, but he has the potential, there’s that word again,
Lmfao. I like mikal tho, so if we do get him that’s cool.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#17 » by Snakebites » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:10 am

joedumars1 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Bridges is good/very good, but he puts us a middling team I’d guess. Sarr maybe even risascher if we want to keep duren and not try to pair with sarr potentially ( I hate that word) with Cade could make us way better for longer. With all the losing middling would be fine, but getting a star with the first be better. I don’t care what they do really, I just think I’d keep taking the shots, lol.

I can see why, just would hate to let a possible star on both ends that’s 7ft go. Idk if he is, but he has the potential, there’s that word again,
Lmfao. I like mikal tho, so if we do get him that’s cool.

I don’t think there’s a true franchise talent in this draft.

There’s also value in established guys who don’t need developing. We don’t have enough of that so a fairly young guy who already is the player he could become is extremely valuable to us.

We’ve seen this year what it looks like when everyone is trying to learn at the same time.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#18 » by bstein14 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:17 am

Pistons start up 8-0 after four minutes of play. Brooklyn looks uninspired out there to start.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,202

Post#19 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:25 am

Ausar, that was nasty.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
bstein14
RealGM

Post#20 » by bstein14 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:25 am

I forgot the Nets were being coached by OIllie... Ausar's old coach and the guy Weaver wanted if we couldn't get Monty.

Return to Detroit Pistons