Now This Is What A Mock Draft Is Supposed To Look Like!!!!

Moderator: studcrackers

BillyBongThorton
Junior
And1: 0

Now This Is What A Mock Draft Is Supposed To Look Like!!!! 

Post#1 » by BillyBongThorton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:40 am

My MOCK DRAFT (1st Round Addition)

#1 - Raiders - JaMarcus Russell - As of right now i would say Russell... if Moss gets traded i would go Calvin.

#2 - Lions - Brady Quinn - Jon Kitna will be 35 next season... why not go with with best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

#3 - Browns - Gaines Adams - Their D-Line is getting up there in years and they really don't have any impact guys up front in their 3-4 scheme.

#4 - Bucs - Calvin Johnson - Gotta take the best player avaliable here.

#5 - Cards - Joe Thomas - Oliver Ross has been a huge disappointment and Leonard Davis just signed with the Boys.

#6 - Skins - Amobi Okoye - They have little inside pressure beyond Cornelius Griffin.

#7 - Vikes - Jamaal Anderson - Kenechi Udeze somehow managed to not record a single, solitary sack in 2006 even though he started every game.

#8 - Falcons - Laron Landry - Lawyer Milloy is no spring chicken, Chris Crocker is more of a journeyman.

#9 - Dolphins - Levi Brown - Right tackle was a revolving door throughout the 06 season.

#10 - Texans - Adrian Peterson - Well they don't look that stupid now passing on Reggie Bush last year.

#11 - 49er's - Pat Willis - I think the 49er's in desprate need of a DT but with the recent news that Jenkins is on the block, why not take the game changing MLB with this pick.

#12 - Bills - Leon Hall - They just lost Nate Clements... why not replace him with the best CB avaliable in the draft.

#13 - Rams - Alan Branch - They were awful versus the run after losing both Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis as free agents last offseason.

#14 - Panthers - Greg Olsen - The Panthers has not had a top pass catching option at the tight end position since the days of Wesley Walls in the 1990's.

#15 - Steelers - (trade... Steelers send 15th pick for Broncos 21st and a 3rd round pick) - Broncos - Adam Carriker - They have a bunch of pretty solid players here but they still need to add that impact pass rusher on the outside.

#16 - Packers - Marshawn Lynch - With the loss of Ahmad Green this is a no brainer.

#17 - Jags - Jarvis Moss - Reggie Hayward is a nice player but he is coming off of a major injury and there isn't much to get excited about opposite him. Sorry to those Paul Spicer fans out there.

#18 - Cinci - Aaron Ross - Tory James was sent packing and it looks like Deltha O'Neal might not be far behind so they might need to add another top talent they can team with Johnathan Joseph.

#19 - Titans - Ted Ginn Jr. - Gotta pair up Vince and Ted, incredible arm vs. incredible speed.... could be a dynamic duo.

#20 - Giants - Chris Houston - They completely overhauled their secondary but in doing so brought in veterans who don't have much left in the tank.

#21 - Broncos - (trade... Broncos send there 21st pick and a 3rd rounder for Steelers 15th pick) - Steelers - Joe Staley - Steelers has a solid group but there are still some question marks, most notably at center and both right guard and right tackle.

#22 - Boys - Reggie Nelson - They need to bring in a ballhawk who can cover to compliment Roy Williams, who is better suited for playing in-the-box.

#23 - Chiefs - Dwayne Bowe - Even though they've always seemed to get by without a true #1 wideout those days are quickly nearing an end.

#24 - Pats - Darrelle Revis - With the apparent loss of Asante Samuel they should draft the best corner avaliable.

#25 - Jets - Lawrence Timmons - One of the keys to a top 3-4 defense is a great pass rusher at outside linebacker and while Bryan Thomas is solid on one side Eric Barton needs to be replaced.

#26 - Eagles - Michael Griffin - Michael Lewis was a big disappointment who was allowed to leave as a free agent so safety is a major need.

#27 - Saints - Paul Posluszny - Despite investing numerous valuable draft picks on this position it's still a big problem area and needs to be addressed.

#28 - Pats - Robert Meachem - They have suffered some massive losses at the WR position in recent years and they could really use a top-flight talent.

#29 - Ravens - Jon Beason - Adalius Thomas is gone and Ray Lewis is getting older and depth is needed as well.

#30 - Chargers - Brandon Meriweather - Despite investing draft picks and free agent dollars on saftey they are still not set and could really use an upgrade.

#31 - Bears - Ben Grubbs - Their starters are relatively solid but they are aging up front and will probably need to begin looking to the future.

#32 - Colts - (trade... Colts send there 32nd pick for Steelers 2nd rounder & there 3rd rounder) - Steelers - Ryan Kalil - Center Jeff Hartings retires so they make a move and get a guy that will replace Jeff.

Damn that took a while.....Lets hear what people think.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,913

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:06 pm

Decent, but Branch's weight gain and "motivational issues" have him dropping like a rock. IMO the Niners would choose Willis since he's still on the board.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#3 » by treiz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:48 pm

Decent, but there are some wrong ones,

Firstly, Bills would rather take a franchise LB in Willis rather than Leon Hall. Secondly, Jags would take a safety since they lost Deon Grant, and have solid starters at the CB position. This would lead to the Jets piking a CB, if not they'll rather take Posluszny....and IMO, the first corner to go will be Revis, other that that it's a nice mock.
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#4 » by BillyBongThorton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:45 pm

yea with the branch pick... i was watching espn while filling this mock out and it had mel kiper on there talkin about the 49ers draft and he said they would go with branch so i went the same direction as mel. but your right gsw.... branch is a bust or boom type and i dont see the 9ers taking a chance on him and they'll take pat willis.
ITS EDIT TIME
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#5 » by BillyBongThorton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:10 pm

treiz wrote:Decent, but there are some wrong ones,

Firstly, Bills would rather take a franchise LB in Willis rather than Leon Hall. Secondly, Jags would take a safety since they lost Deon Grant, and have solid starters at the CB position. This would lead to the Jets piking a CB, if not they'll rather take Posluszny....and IMO, the first corner to go will be Revis, other that that it's a nice mock.

well with the changes i made (willis - branch switch) the only 2 canidaidates on the bills board would be marshawn lynch and leon hall. this will be a seesaw battle up until draft day but i will stick to my initial pick and say leon.

Jags - your right... there biggest need is saftey but i dont see em taking reggie nelson in the first round. just because they can draft michael griffin or eric weddle in the 2nd. but i'll switch up my draft to get them a DE probably moss. (ross - moss switch in the making)

Then with the Jets... sorry dude i dont see them getting revis pats need him pretty bad. ok... i'm gonna set you guys up with timmons. (timmons to the jets in the works) his speed will suit the jets 3-4 defense better than puzs or beason.
YaoOwnsUrTeam
Senior

Post#6 » by YaoOwnsUrTeam » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:08 pm

I would love for AP to drop to the Texans at number 10. That would take a lot of pressure off of the good but aging Ahman Green and our running back depth would be great with Dayne coming in for short yardage plays.

That being said, i doubt we pick AP. If Peterson drops all the way to us I think we will just move down in the first and get a 2nd to replace the one we lost in the Shaub trade.
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#7 » by BillyBongThorton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:29 pm

the first corner to go will be Revis.... thats rediculous... his stock has been droping and now the cb rankings go .... hall, ross, houston, then revis. first corner to go... wow. thats a ballsie statement.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,356

Post#8 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:58 pm

BillyBongThorton wrote:the first corner to go will be Revis.... thats rediculous... his stock has been droping and now the cb rankings go .... hall, ross, houston, then revis. first corner to go... wow. thats a ballsie statement.

His stock has been rising, not falling. He plays the run, he's big and physical and he answered any questions about his speed at his Pro-Day. If I were taking a CB in the first he'd be the guy I'd want most.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Now This Is What A Mock Draft Is Supposed To Look Like!! 

Post#9 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:36 pm

BillyBongThorton wrote:#2 - Lions - Brady Quinn - Jon Kitna will be 35 next season... why not go with with best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

Sorry dude, I stopped reading right their.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,356

Post#10 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:46 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I was wondering how Carson Palmer got back into the draft...
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#11 » by BillyBongThorton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:25 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Respectable... but i guess you didnt compare reggie bush last year to lets say Walter Peyton or LT????? :crazy:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,979

Post#12 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:31 pm

If the Jets selected a Linebacker in the first rounder I would be pissed off. We already have Thomas, Hobson, Kassell, Vilma, Barton, Schlegel at the linebacker spot. Thats enough depth, fans were happy with the play of Thomas and Hobson.

Give me Ben Grubbs, Blalock or Anthony Spencer if we Must draft a LB.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:49 am

BillyBongThorton wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Respectable... but i guess you didnt compare reggie bush last year to lets say Walter Peyton or LT????? :crazy:

ACtually I didn't and was hoping we would draft Vince Young, and didn't even think their was a possibility we could get Bush.

Besides, Reggie is way faster than those guys you mentioned :)
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#14 » by treiz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:59 am

BillyBongThorton wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well with the changes i made (willis - branch switch) the only 2 canidaidates on the bills board would be marshawn lynch and leon hall. this will be a seesaw battle up until draft day but i will stick to my initial pick and say leon.

Jags - your right... there biggest need is saftey but i dont see em taking reggie nelson in the first round. just because they can draft michael griffin or eric weddle in the 2nd. but i'll switch up my draft to get them a DE probably moss. (ross - moss switch in the making)

Then with the Jets... sorry dude i dont see them getting revis pats need him pretty bad. ok... i'm gonna set you guys up with timmons. (timmons to the jets in the works) his speed will suit the jets 3-4 defense better than puzs or beason.

Can't argue with the first two, there's no right or wrong answers there. But some of the picks are questionable, like the Niners pick, some mocks have them drafting Carricker, which leads Willis to the Bills, which can shift on how the CBs are drafted, not saying yours is wrong, but there is a debate going on there.
OAKTREE NYK1
Bench Warmer
Location: Sunny Fort Liquordale,FL Originally from the Bronx,NY

Post#15 » by OAKTREE NYK1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Nice Mock now here goes mine.

1. Raiders- WR Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech

The West Coast offense is in full effect for the Raiders with Kiffin and Knapp. Jemarcus is a long ball thrower not a West Coast technician. Moss will finally get dealt on draft day and Johnson will take his place.

2. Detroit Lions- DE Gaines Adams Clemson

Lions try to squeeze the Cards with Joe Thomas still being on the board but they dont budge. Marinelli really likes this kid and will have no problem convincing Millen to take this impact defensive end, especially with them striking out in recent years with WR's and QB's.

3. Clevaland Browns- QB Jemarcus Russell LSU

Phil Savage has known this guy since he was a teen and has really close ties with him. This will be a slamdunk pick for them.

4. Tampa Bay Bucs- DT Amobi Okoye Louisville

Gruden and the gang really love this kid and once Johnson is off the board it's time to address need which is getting the defense younger.

5. Arizona Cardinals- OT Joe Thomas Wisconsin

They might have to trade up for him with the Lions if they fear him going to the Bucs. But they will get there man in the end.

6. Miami Dolphins(trade with Skins)- QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame

Skins look to move down and are able to secure a 3rd and 5th rounder from the Phins to move down a couple of spots. Phins get there QB of the future. Phins move up because of the Vikings.

7. Minnesota Vikings- RB Adrian Peterson Oklahoma

They where ready to pounce on Quinn until the Phins swoop him up. They will take Peterson here without a doubt.

8. Atlanta Falcons- FS Laron Landry LSU

This is the player they wanted all along.

9. Washington Redskins(trade w Phins)- DE Adam Carriker Nebraska

Word is they extremely like this kid so he will go higher than expected.

10. Houston Texans- OT Levi Brown Penn State

Very simple pick for them with there crappy line.

11. San Francisco 49ers- DT Alan Branch Michigan

The beast they need on the middle of there 3-4.

12. Buffalo Bills- MLB Patrick Willis Ole Miss.

They lost Fletcher but get a good young leader to fill his void.

13. Denver Broncos(via trade with Rams)- DE Jammal Anderson Arkansas

Broncos are armed with draft picks so I see them moving up to take teh defensive end they covet. Rams could afford to move down here.

14. Carolina Panthers- TE Greg Olsen Miami

There are going to be usuing the Tight end more often this year so grabbing the best one in the draft here would make a ton of sense.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- DE/OLB Jarvis Moss Florida

Fills the need that Tomlin wants more defensive lineman to switch to the 4-3 but yet he is still flexible to play OLB in the 3-4 ala Jason Taylor.

16. Green Bay Packers- RB Marshawn Lynch Cal.

Major need at running back so wise pick here.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars- FS Reggie Nelson Florida

With no impact ends on the board they look to fill the the void left by Grant.

18. Cincy Bengals- CB Leon Hall Michigan

Solid corner to help fill a need in there secondary. Pending on the Rams it could also turn out to be Revis.

19. Tennessee Titans- WR Dwayne Jarrett USC

With burners Roby,Williams, and Jones an investment has been made throughout the last few drafts on speedy wideouts. With the loss of there big target Bennett and no real tight end I can see Jarrett being the pick for them. He is the big redzone target that they lack and that is what Jarret's specialty is. He will also serve as a key blocker for when Young takes off.

20. New York Giants- OT Joe Staley Central Michigan

They have lost both of there Left Tackles in Petitgout and Whitfield so if they are wise they will draft Staley here who fills a huge need to protect Eli Manning.

21. Rams(trade with Broncos)- CB Darrelle Revis Pitt.

They get a few pics from the Broncos and come out with the corner return man they wanted.

22. Dallas Cowboys- WR Ted Ginn Jr. Ohio State

With no real pressing needs the Boys go for the lights out burner to be there kick returner and future replacement for the other buckeye in Glenn.

23. Kanas City Cheifs- WR Robert Meacham Tennessee

Cheifs need to finally add an impact guy at wideout.

24. New England Patriots- ILB Paul Posluzny Penn State

Bruschi and Vrabel are heading towards reitrement so the Pats look for the heir apparent.

25. New York Jets- CB Aaron Ross Texas

Team needs a big physical corner so Ross fits the bill. Houston could also go here but his size plays a factor since all the of Jet corners all all under 5'10.

26. Philadelphia Eagles- S Brandon Meriweather UM

He can help out at corner but also fill the void left by Lewis.

27. New Orleans Saints- WR Dwayne Bowe LSU

They lost Joe Horn via F/A and though they do have Colston and Henderson. Bowe is just too good to pass up here especially for an offensive wizard like Sean Payton.

28. New England Patriots- CB Chris Houston Arkansas

With Samuel looking to hold out I think Houston will be a more than suitable replacement.

29. Baltimore Ravens- OLB Anthony Spencer Purdue

They need OL help but Spencer is just too good to pass up here.

30. San Diego Chargers- S Michael Griffin Texas

They lost Terrence Kiel so Griffin does fill a need.

31. Chicago Bears- OLB Jon Beason Miami

They just drafted there replacement for Lance Briggs.

32. Indianapolis Colts- OLB Lawrence Timmons FSU

Need to replenish there depleted cover 2 linebacking core.

2nd rd

33. Oakland Raiders- QB Trent Edwards Stanford

He is the reason they passed on Russell knowing Edwards would be there in round 2. A smart heady player who will run the West Coast offense to perfection.

34. Detroit Lions- CB Eric Wright UNLV

Now they have to replace the loss of Dre Bly.

35. Tampa Bay Bucs- WR Anthony Gonzalez Ohio State

Solid wideout who will be the replacement for Galloway when he leaves.

36. Cleveland Browns- CB Marcus McCauley Fresno State

Baxter is done so Marcus fills in.

37. Chicago Bears- OG Ben Grubbs Auburn

Ruben Brown is a fossil so it's time to get his replacment.

38. Arizona Cardinals- DE/OLB Quentin Moses Georgia

Could be the start of the change to the 3-4 defense.

39. Atlanta Falcons- OG Justin Blaylock Texas

Pretino wants to pound the ball so now it's time to beef up the line.

40. Miami Dolphins- OT Tony Ugoh Arkansas

Miami gets there QB and now nabs there Tackle.

41. Minnesota Vikings- WR Steve Smith USC

There looking for some sure hands at wideout and Smith seems to fit that bill.

42. San Francisco 49ers- WR Sidney Rice South Carolina

Nice pickup here has 1st rd talent.

Gotta finish later.
"I cant help the poor if I'am one of them, so I got rich and gave back to me that's the win win" Jay-Z
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#16 » by thierry » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 am

BillyBongThorton wrote:Respectable... but i guess you didnt compare reggie bush last year to lets say Walter Peyton or LT????? :crazy:

Who the hell compared Reggie Bush to LT or Walter Payton??.. I hope this was a joke
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:46 pm

thierry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Who the hell compared Reggie Bush to LT or Walter Payton??.. I hope this was a joke

It's funny, because he accused me of something that I haven't even come close to saying.

Even if I did, that's still not as bad as saying the second best QB prospect is the best QB prospect since Manning :)

Return to NFL Draft