Week 8 Game Threads: ALL SATURDAY GAMES HERE

Moderator: studcrackers

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: Week 8 Game Threads: ALL SATURDAY GAMES HERE 

Post#41 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 pm

So - the Alabama kid wasn't called for targeting and the Aggie kid was.

Nah. No home cooking there at all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Hell of a drive by Aggie right there. Looked like they were going to get their doors blown off after the first quarter. They are back in this thing.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,732

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Finally the games getting better. At least the Utah/UCLA and Bama/A&M
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Finally the games getting better. At least the Utah/UCLA and Bama/A&M

We were driving home from Georgetown so I didn't get to see UT/KSU. Sounds like the clock is running for Charlie. That's a bad loss.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#45 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Finally the games getting better. At least the Utah/UCLA and Bama/A&M

We were driving home from Georgetown so I didn't get to see UT/KSU. Sounds like the clock is running for Charlie. That's a bad loss.

I didn't see it either. I was driving in my car running an errand and I had forgotten who they were playing and they never even said it, but basically I heard Texas score with under a minute left and how they'd have to try an onside kick, and I guess they did and didn't recover it.

How things can change. Everyone was so high after that Notre Dame win, and even that Cal loss was close and their offense looked good, but it's been downhill since. Even the loss at OK St wouldn't have been terrible if they could have beaten OU, but they barely lost that one. Kansas St isn't terrible though. Their losses have all been road losses to Stanford, WV, and OU.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#46 » by Latrell » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:26 pm

This Alabama LB corps is the fastest I've ever seen. Insane speed.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Latrell » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:29 pm

I think our defense has more TD's than a lot of other teams' offences :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Latrell wrote:This Alabama LB corps is the fastest I've ever seen. Insane speed.

Hard to imagine this year's defense being better than last years. But they are.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Latrell » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Latrell wrote:This Alabama LB corps is the fastest I've ever seen. Insane speed.

Going in to the year I expected them to be very good but not as good as last year mainly due to in-experience.

Scary to think that they'll get even better.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I didn't see it either. I was driving in my car running an errand and I had forgotten who they were playing and they never even said it, but basically I heard Texas score with under a minute left and how they'd have to try an onside kick, and I guess they did and didn't recover it.

How things can change. Everyone was so high after that Notre Dame win, and even that Cal loss was close and their offense looked good, but it's been downhill since. Even the loss at OK St wouldn't have been terrible if they could have beaten OU, but they barely lost that one. Kansas St isn't terrible though. Their losses have all been road losses to Stanford, WV, and OU.

I don't think the folks down Austin way are going to feel the same. At least that wasn't the impression I got while we were down there the last two days. I really do wish Charlie had a little longer leash because I think he's the right guy.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I don't think the folks down Austin way are going to feel the same. At least that wasn't the impression I got while we were down there the last two days. I really do wish Charlie had a little longer leash because I think he's the right guy.

Oh, well they expect big things here and want to get back into national championship picture and he isn't making any progress so they will get rid of him. I don't know who they can bring in though. There are not too many Jim Harbaugh's, Urban Meyer's or Bobby Petrino's out there. I suppose they could try and pry Petrino away from Louisville though.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Latrell » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Utah's Joe Williams going off. 315 yards, 4 TD's
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#53 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:03 am

What the hell Houston...
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#54 » by bleu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:22 am

Holy ****, Houston getting killed by SMU? Can't say I saw that one coming!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#55 » by studcrackers » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:34 am

shouldnt penn st wear white jerseys when having a whiteout?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#56 » by studcrackers » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:36 am

also, that iron bowl in a month is gonna be insane
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#57 » by bleu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 am

studcrackers wrote:also, that iron bowl in a month is gonna be insane

I'm stoked out of my mind for Ohio State-Michigan this year. There are going to be so many crazy games those last couple weeks of the season.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 am

Latrell wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Going in to the year I expected them to be very good but not as good as last year mainly due to in-experience.

Scary to think that they'll get even better.

I won tickets to the Cotton Bowl back in December so my grandson and I went. He's a Senior and was an All-district defensive end last year and will be again this year. What he and I were both blown away with about Alabama's defense was not just the speed but the size. The Bama defensive line easily outweighed Michigan State's offensive line by an average of 20 pounds each and they looked it too. Even the MSU fans at the game were blown away. And Ragland was a man among boys with his size and speed at LB. It's one thing to have seen them on TV. But live was an amazing sight.

And you're right. This one has a chance to be better than those guys. Very scary.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Oh, well they expect big things here and want to get back into national championship picture and he isn't making any progress so they will get rid of him. I don't know who they can bring in though. There are not too many Jim Harbaugh's, Urban Meyer's or Bobby Petrino's out there. I suppose they could try and pry Petrino away from Louisville though.

They should just throw one of those big bags of money they have laying around at Chip Kelly. Hell - throw 2 or 3. They have it.

In 2 years they will be competing for a national championship. Easily.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#60 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:50 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

They should just throw one of those big bags of money they have laying around at Chip Kelly. Hell - throw 2 or 3. They have it.

In 2 years they will be competing for a national championship. Easily.

That would be pretty exciting.

Return to NCAA Football