Bowl Games

Moderator: studcrackers

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Bowl Games 

Post#1 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:38 pm

I've already preseason selected Oklahoma.

But USC vs OSU is a big game. And we simply OWN Ohio State at the Rose bowl. This should be the RBowl this year. But this game is NOT in Pasadena. And that's a Major Problem IMO.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Re: Bowl Games 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:51 am

Go Buckeyes?
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#3 » by Bulltalk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Game of the century today, UW Huskies vs. Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl. Should be a classic with the Huskies winning by a few.

By the way, the bigger bowl games have pretty much sucked so far.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#4 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 pm

The final 4 set up has screwed everything up. It's all anti climactic. Those who win are saying, see, we should be in. Etc. All other bowls are under promoted compared to the final 4, which is getting tons of media time. A regular TV viewer is not tuning in till new year's day
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#5 » by El Turco » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm

so that was the best team in pac12..
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Bulltalk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Arda K wrote:so that was the best team in pac12..

No, it was UW. We just gaffed a game in the desert to ASU that cost us a trip to the Pac 12 championship and potential trip to the CFP. It happens in college ball.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:34 am

GG Washington.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#8 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:40 am

I ain't Mad. It's truthful. PAC 12 is down this year. However, leaving big 10 out was wrong. They've got some good teams this year, and got screwed.
El Turco

Post#9 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 am

Bulltalk wrote:

No, it was UW.

makes no difference, no match for big10's dominance.

pac12 desperately needs usc to come alive, they are the only program from pac12 that has the potential to make impact on national stage.

Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Bulltalk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Arda K wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:

No, it was UW.

pac12 desperately needs usc to come alive, they are the only program from pac12 that has the potential to make impact on national stage.

No, you're wrong about that. UW is for real under Chris Petersen. Even when we played like shyt yesterday and could never get off the field on 3rd down, we still only lost the game 35-28, and were in it till the very last play.

UW and USC are the top of the pack in the Pac 12, with Stanford just behind. We'll have to wait and see about UCLA under Kelly, and see if Oregon can reemerge. The thing is, USC always has a recruiting advantage over the rest of the Pac 12, but Chris Petersen is doing increasingly better each year in that way (at the moment, UW has the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 this year), and he's a significantly better coach than Clay Helton. Petersen is in the very elite of college coaches, and that is something that just can't be overstated as concerns the potential overall strength of a college football program.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#11 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:45 pm

I hear what your saying BT. It's only 1 down year. Only a single season. Next year , big bounce back. However, I'm not here to dispute any of what you said, only 1 part. Recruiting. UW area of need is its defensive tackles. As the ones they have now are about to leave or soon leave, maybe 1 more season. And UW has not addressed that need. They struck out on all their top targets(according to recruiting sites). And the only problems UW had was against Stanford. ASU. Etc. Who basically know that the depth is not there. Especially with #50 eventually leaving. That's the only dispute I have with UW. recruiting the powerful Dtackles up front, which is their #1 recruiting concern. And that was not addressed.
El Turco

Post#12 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 1, 2018 2:38 pm

Bulltalk wrote:
Arda K wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:
No, it was UW.

No, you're wrong about that. UW is for real under Chris Petersen. Even when we played like shyt yesterday and could never get off the field on 3rd down, we still only lost the game 35-28, and were in it till the very last play.

UW and USC are the top of the pack in the Pac 12, with Stanford just behind. We'll have to wait and see about UCLA under Kelly, and see if Oregon can reemerge. The thing is, USC always has a recruiting advantage over the rest of the Pac 12, but Chris Petersen is doing increasingly better each year in that way (at the moment, UW has the #1 recruiting class in the Pac 12 this year), and he's a significantly better coach than Clay Helton. Petersen is in the very elite of college coaches, and that is something that just can't be overstated as concerns the potential overall strength of a college football program.

i dont know about all that, i really like and respect petersen but uw doesnt have an out of conference win to speak of past two years, seems to me they'll top out as a regional/conference top tier team that cant make much of a noise nationally. they are not really big enough program to churn out top 10 recruiting classes consistently which is necessary to be national power and things will be a lot more difficult with chip kelly competing for same recruits.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#13 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 10:12 pm

lol Michigan
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Bulltalk » Mon Jan 1, 2018 10:23 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I hear what your saying BT. It's only 1 down year. Only a single season. Next year , big bounce back. However, I'm not here to dispute any of what you said, only 1 part. Recruiting. UW area of need is its defensive tackles. As the ones they have now are about to leave or soon leave, maybe 1 more season. And UW has not addressed that need. They struck out on all their top targets(according to recruiting sites). And the only problems UW had was against Stanford. ASU. Etc. Who basically know that the depth is not there. Especially with #50 eventually leaving. That's the only dispute I have with UW. recruiting the powerful Dtackles up front, which is their #1 recruiting concern. And that was not addressed.

I will admit that DT is a concern. Part of this problem was alleviated, however, by the return next year of Greg Gaines, who decided to come back for his senior season. He's a force. A second reason to be hopeful is the signing of Sam Taimani out of Utah, who many recruiting sites have listed as an OG, but UW plan on using him at DT. This guy is arguably the #2 DT recruit west of the Mississippi. They are also hotly in pursuit of DT Jackson Cravens, also out of Utah, who has an official visit planned in the next few weeks. There is also the chance that someone else could be pried free before the next signing period ends in February.

The UW defense only loses 2 starters off of last year's squad. We've also got LB Brandon Kaho signed, and this guy I believe is going to be a monster on defense. We have very strong recruits at DE, LB, and the DB positions this year and in year's past.

I think we'll be okay on defense, though I hear your concerns. I would argue that our weakest link on D was our edge pass rushers this year. We will be getting stronger there in the coming few years with new recruits like Draco Bynum and Zion Tupuala-Fetui.

Our biggest weakness on offense was targets to throw to. We will lose Dante Pettis this year. But a lot of this problem was the result of injuries. We lost Chico McClatcher and Hunter Bryant for the year due to injuries, Bryant nationally recognized as perhaps the best TE underclassman in the country. Add to that perhaps a top 3 recruiting class in the country at the WR position and I think we'll be fine.

Our OL is only going to get better. Petersen has some deep talent there coming up, and three returning starters from this year. We may lose Gaskin at RB, but not many are too worried with the talent waiting in the wings, talent like Salvon Ahmed (insane talent) and Kamari Pleasant.

As for the QB position, locked and loaded. We not only have Jake Browning returning as a fourth year starter, but have two top 8 QB's coming next year, and the #2 rated QB by some services committed for the following year. Add to that the very real possibility that Jacob Eason of Georgia (former 5 star QB) may return to his home state to QB the Huskies the year after next. Again, we are loaded at the QB position.

I'm feeling good about the Huskies going forward. I think we will actually improve as a team for at least the next 2-3 years with what's coming down the pike talent wise.

We'll see...

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 2:21 am

Georgia won!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 2:33 am

bondom34 wrote:GG Washington.

I went to the game. :D

Saquon Barkley is a beast. I haven't seen a back that good in a while. He looks like the real deal. I was also really impressed with McSorley. He's really underrated. Guy seemed to convert every key 3rd down. It was infuriating to watch as a UW fan. :lol:
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Bulltalk » Tue Jan 2, 2018 2:40 am

What a fantastic game the Rose Bowl was. I am an Oklahoma fan, as my lady is a Sooner. So that hurts. But when it comes to would ofs, should ofs, could ofs...there really wasn't much of any to speak of. You can quibble about a minor thing or two, but these were two teams that played a great game and either team could have easily won. Real college football drama.

So with the Seahawks, Huskies, and Sooners dead, football is now over for the year for me. I could care less about anything else forthcoming. No interest. See you all next year.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:12 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

Saquon Barkley is a beast. I haven't seen a back that good in a while. He looks like the real deal. I was also really impressed with McSorley. He's really underrated. Guy seemed to convert every key 3rd down. It was infuriating to watch as a UW fan. :lol:

Lucky you !! It was a great game to watch on T.V. as well.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#19 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Yeah, I'm staying with family down in Arizona & got a free ticket to the game. :biggrin:

Great seats too! It was a blast!!! :D
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:23 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I went to the game. :D

Yeah, I'm staying with family down in Arizona & got a free ticket to the game. :biggrin:

It was a blast!

Thanks for sharing that considering its 17 below zero here. :wink:

Return to NCAA Football