Nick Saban: pretentious a**hole or misunderstood genius?

Moderator: studcrackers

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Nick Saban: pretentious a**hole or misunderstood genius? 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 am

That's the question posed by the Wiretap, and I'm leaning towards the former. I'm really not that sure how he became this great college coach.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,184
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:53 am

Can he be both?? a really really great coach who is a pretentious ****.

I know he was involved in that car accident with Glen Davis, he was trying to screw us.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by lpsevier » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:05 pm

Dbag.
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#4 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sun Jul 1, 2007 6:50 am

He most definitely was an a**hole with the Dolphins. Never wanted him as coach anyway. I mainly didn't accept Satan :evil: cause he was associated with the Fartans. SoCal Michigan fan, that's why. And now he goes to the White Power tide, more reason 2 hate him. I wanted 2 see them stay down longer.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#5 » by Icness » Wed Jul 4, 2007 8:43 pm

I've known Saban sine he was the head coach at Toledo and he was recruiting a HS teammate of mine. I tried to gravy train it to no avail, but I did get to see him in action. He's absolutely a pretentious A-hole, completely and blissfully unaware of any way but his way.

Having said that, I think he's an outstanding college coach and will have success at Bama. You can get college kids to buy into that kind of thing; the pros are another story, as Saban found out the hard way. He's great in the capacity of being a guy who rallies the team together in their fear/loathing of him. The man knows his X's and O's and he also is very good at recruiting the kind of players he needs to make that work. Fast, loyal to a fault, not real intellectual, selfless to the cause, prefers working out to anything else, etc., that's the Saban kind of player.

Return to NCAA Football