ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 51 Warriors at Jazz 6pm PST

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,699

Re: Game 51 Warriors at Jazz 6pm PST 

Post#181 » by parsnips33 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:00 pm

Klay was awesome on both ends. I loved GP feeding him/kinda forcing it to him at the end for his last 3
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#182 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:17 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
I don’t know that

I know he can shoot pretty solid when he’s a significant part of the offense.. but he’s not going to get even close to that here

You might put up a few extra shots to compesate for the missed games.
Moody overall has been an efficient shooter taking what is given too him.

I don’t want Moody forcing shots. I don’t think Moody can be a volume scorer at this phase of his carrer. If he tries to be a volume scorer he won’t be efficient but he is efficient if he only shoots open shots.

He should learn to play like Iguodala. That’s his way forward. He’s not going to make his money scoring points. He should be doing what Podz is doing, trying to be a playmaker first then looking to score. If he tries to get minutes by scoring. Good luck with that. There’s a long list ahead of him. There is a shorter list on the team that rebounds, plays defense, and sets other people up.

He needs to make his money on defense, low turnovers, being efficient on wide open 3s and wide open layups, running his lane on the fast break, knowing the plays, effort, attitude.

I don’r think Moody has the court vision to pass like Iguodala. I don’t think Moody has whatever it is that Curry, Draymond and Podz have that lets them play better than their size and speed and agility. There is basketball IQ and then there is basketball Magic. Moody can be a student of the game like a coach on the floor is he is basket smart and practices what he learns. Thinking is too slow for basketball. But habits are not too slows for basketball. Thinking can be turned into good habbits.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#183 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

You might put up a few extra shots to compesate for the missed games.
Moody overall has been an efficient shooter taking what is given too him.

I don’t want Moody forcing shots. I don’t think Moody can be a volume scorer at this phase of his carrer. If he tries to be a volume scorer he won’t be efficient but he is efficient if he only shoots open shots.

He should learn to play like Iguodala. That’s his way forward. He’s not going to make his money scoring points. He should be doing what Podz is doing, trying to be a playmaker first then looking to score. If he tries to get minutes by scoring. Good luck with that. There’s a long list ahead of him. There is a shorter list on the team that rebounds, plays defense, and sets other people up.

Agree, he's a utility. Iggy was a prime utility. Moody has a great motor but not Iguodala's athleticism or talent, but a good role to strive for so as to be due playing time. I like him on the team, but he's got a lot of bodies in front of him, not just Klay on a bad night. At this stage he's behind everyone but Jerome.

Jerome still gets a paycheck so being ahead of Jerome is not so bad. In Moody’s place he needs to pay a better choice For Kerr to play than Payton against some match ups. Moody is bigger than Payton and I think Moody hits a wide open catch and shoot 3 better than Payton.

I do think Moody is a NBA player. I think G-league guys were better than rookie Moody and rookie Moody only had an NBA job because of his potential. Current Moody can probably get a mostly sitting on the bench on any NBA team. Our deep might be deeper thn most. Remove Podz, Payton and Quinones from our team and Moody could probably get some minutes even if Klay somehow returned to being peak Klay. It is not Moody vs Klay.

A faction of our board believes that Klay should not play another minute of NBA ball and think Klay is only getting minutes because something is wrong with Kerr. If Klay was kicked off the team Moody still has to find a way to take minutes from Podz, Payton, Santos and Quinones. I think if Klay was gone Moody could get minutes because Podz, Payton, Santos and Quinones each have parts of their game that are inferior to Moody. Moody at minimum has a longer reach than any of Podz, Payton and Quinones.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Post#184 » by Onus » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:49 pm

Kenny was pretty good this game. Kerr's assistant coaches are now 54-5 in his absence.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors