ImageImageImageImageImage

F it. It's Kerr's fault.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Re: F it. It's Kerr's fault. 

Post#41 » by Impuniti » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:27 pm

Kerr should have been fired earlier this season, he's legitimately been one of the worst coaches in the entire league. Even with Spo this team isn't winning anything, but an average coach would surely have 4-5 more wins. His coaching, man management, tactics, rotations, all of it has been dire.

Also how clueless do you have to be to start slow Looney and a cone like Saric together vs an incredibly fast and athletic team? :lol: Or his amazing ability to put out 3-4 guards out there regularly, the shorter the more he gets excited.

Impuniti
General Manager

Post#42 » by Impuniti » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:31 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
I don't think it's weird. I think all three of them are trying to ride the loyalty train to the end. That's what's going to get them paid and keep them in powerful positions.

Yeah, it's a very wierd take, and somewhat tin foil hat political.

I'm not saying they are conspiring together. It wasn't my intention to say that. That would be weird. They're just in the same boat. All three are underperforming and clinging to the same idea/sales pitch.

i.e. Klay Thompson can't lean into his individual numbers, but he can hold onto the idea they are Champions and deserve more opportunities/money/flexibility/power.

There's nothing left in the "what have you done for me lately" tank with those three.

They are not in the same boat at all. Steph is still a top 8-12 player. Draymond is probably a top 75 player and Klay top 150. I don't care what their idea is, they're not the coach or the GM. This just gives the easy way out the GM and coach. Their job is do what is best of the team regardless of what players think. If players were so smart, we wouldn't see so many fail spectacularly when it comes to coaching, GM, management in the NBA once they retire.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#43 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:24 pm

Impuniti wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Yeah, it's a very wierd take, and somewhat tin foil hat political.

I'm not saying they are conspiring together. It wasn't my intention to say that. That would be weird. They're just in the same boat. All three are underperforming and clinging to the same idea/sales pitch.

i.e. Klay Thompson can't lean into his individual numbers, but he can hold onto the idea they are Champions and deserve more opportunities/money/flexibility/power.

There's nothing left in the "what have you done for me lately" tank with those three.

They are not in the same boat at all. Steph is still a top 8-12 player.

I've never said Curry was in the same boat
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Post#44 » by HiRez » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 pm

The problem is making moves to sate Kerr's fetishes instead of putting together a cohesive team where everyone has a defined role. How can you even know what you need when Kerr keeps throwing bizarre lineups out there, playing vets big minutes until they drop, and putting young guys (except Podz) on the bench? Including in the game when anyone playing well seems to get sent to the bench. Kerr needs to be replaced first, unless you don't think he's not going to be playing the wheels off of Steph, Klay, Dray, Loon, CP3, and Wiggs again in the playoffs (if they even make it there). Kuminga? Moody? TJD? "They're not ready."
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#45 » by superunknown » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:11 am

a coach can only play the players he has on the roster.
at this point the FO, dunleavy included, is accomplish of the current mess.
trade klay, CP and even joseph, force the hand of that impostor on the bench.
if even this don't work, fire him. apparently it's not a taboo anymore firing a coach mid-season, even when the team has a winning record.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#46 » by jozef » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:34 am

It must be the color of the jerseys. :o
The black one is not good for the vision and they lose games cause of it... is there a stats for it this season?
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,395

Post#47 » by CS707 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:12 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
CS707 wrote:
michaelm wrote:They say there are only two types of coach, those who have been fired and those who are going to be fired.

I do think even the greatest coaches only have a limited time in a particular position, and Kerr may have passed that time with GSW as you say. He gives every appearance of having lost the team, both the young players who likely see his rotations and awarding of playing time as capricious, and the older players who may not be listening and/or are judged on past rather than present performance while doing whatever they feel like doing.

I don’t agree with revisionism that he was never a good coach however, enjoyed the time of dynasty greatly, and will continue to appreciate those including him who contributed to it.

I am not sure the current issues are soluble, and that’s life, everyone gets old, but it is not hard to see someone fresh having a better approach than Kerr has been displaying this season.

Great post. I think the core of this team, including Kerr, are uniquely close and are struggling with the inevitable. It's part of the lifecycle of sports but I wouldn't argue to keep Kerr past this season because different situations require different skillsets, but I do think the organization benefited from that bond enough over the years that I'm willing to extend a little grace in terms of letting the season play out before having the hard discussions. He was definitely the right guy at the right time in the right place for most of the last decade though. It just got away from him towards the end. I have a feeling he'll either step away from basketball operations completely or take another role with the organization.

Evolving styles while playing or coaching is incredibly hard.. its why even a lot of all-time great coaches sputtered as new eras of basketball come in. Not everyone (anyone?) can be Pop.. Kerr did a fine job managing talents when that was needed. It's no longer needed.. we're heading back into the pile with the majority of NBA teams. As such, we need a coach who's better at navigating that than Kerr has been/will be

Yep, which is why I hope we don’t make a reactionary roster move to accommodate Kerr’s system rather than waiting and making moves that fit the future.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#48 » by Dom801e » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:17 pm

This team is not a contender. But they are talented enough to make the playoffs. Kerr is the reason they are not. He also is making me dislike guys that would be likable if not put in terrible lineups or played too much (Klay, Saric, Joseph).
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#49 » by cpower » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:55 pm

if I am Steve Kerr I will start to play Curry and Green 40 mins every game before their wheels fall off. No trade? then i will just play my stars every min otherwise we will just miss everything.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#50 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:58 pm

I think this team is capable of playing better and could even win a playoff round. But the margin is razor thin. Kerr is not helping out at all. He’s slow to react. If all the pieces are in place and he doesn’t have to develop anyone and the system is in place, sure he’s a good coach. But in that case, anybody can be a good coach even Luke Walton. If a team is looking for improvisation, innovation, development, field general, he’s not that guy. Yesterday, it showed Kerr often relied on his field generals like Draymond and Iguodala to guide the team. He doesn’t respond fast enough and relies on lieutenants. The lieutenants are more important than his system because they act on the fly and surprise the opponent which is where the advantage is. I looked as they run through their fixed sets and Klay could not get separation because everything is so predictable. Klay finally got a three when they gave him the Ben Simmons treatment on defense.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#51 » by B-King » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:53 pm

Last night I was disgusted that we didn't have TJD in on defense for the last possession. I am glad to see signs of life, but we need to really let go and go outside our comfort zone at times with the youngsters.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 309

Post#52 » by GswStorm3 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:44 pm

I think this is definitely Kerr's final season here.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#53 » by sonnyhill » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:26 pm

Kerr ruined the Warriors' "team culture" upon Thompson's return from injury two seasons ago by immediately placing Thompson into the starting lineup, instead of having Thompson come off the bench and work his way back into the rotation.

Even Curry, that same season, came off the bench upon returning from injury.

Yes, that team won a championship; however, Kerr has been above scrutiny for how he has coached Thompson since Thompson's return from injury to today.
Old Head
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#54 » by Old Head » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:46 am

Sorry Kerr lovers, Kerr needs to go for us to evolve. He is stuck in his ways, can't develop talent. His favoritism of players who got him championships hurts the team at this point. He is stuck in his ways, he is being punked & he can't adjust. He is being forced to play the kids because he has been exposed over & over again. He was the right coach at the right time. That time has passed. He is a good coach in the right situation.
A great coach is able to adjust & put all the pieces in place that show cases their strengths. He is still stuck thinking we have that same tremendous advantage in 3 point shooting. He doesn't realize most of the league has caught up, so even when we do have that advantage, it is not as big anymore. Problem is playing the way he does with his midget ball, our disadvantages are exposed.
He was exposed in USA BB & it continues. He can't develop young players & has killed our chances over the last 2 years.
As I've said I would try to get the Canadian team coach as our next HC or someone like him, heck some of our assistant coaches we let go would have been far better than Kerr - Mike Brown, Mahlala to name a few, though Canadian team would be my choice
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#55 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Don't know if Lacob is just being diplomatic but...

“I think we’ll have a contract done with Steve pretty soon. … He’s been very busy. He’s coaching this team and we’ve had issues and he’s had to focus on that. We all get that. He’s a very honorable man, and I respect him greatly. We’re going to try to get something done that he will be very happy with and that we can be happy with as well. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I don’t think anybody else is going to have Steve Kerr as their coach.”

:nonono:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#56 » by Impuniti » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:57 am

This organization is funny. They were smart and fun to watch, but more importantly proactive when Lacob first joined. Now they are just willing to get fat on the money Steph makes them & rely on him to carry them for being painfully mediocre.

What a sad disappointment.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#57 » by DevinVassell » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:07 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Don't know if Lacob is just being diplomatic but...

“I think we’ll have a contract done with Steve pretty soon. … He’s been very busy. He’s coaching this team and we’ve had issues and he’s had to focus on that. We all get that. He’s a very honorable man, and I respect him greatly. We’re going to try to get something done that he will be very happy with and that we can be happy with as well. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I don’t think anybody else is going to have Steve Kerr as their coach.”

:nonono:

Lacob wanted to keep (the infallible) Myers too.

Surely he isn't regretting that loss to much in hindsight.

Pretty soft on Lacobs part if he is just willing to go through the motions and accept a Kerr extension as our best option moving forward.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#58 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:28 am

cpower wrote:if I am Steve Kerr I will start to play Curry and Green 40 mins every game before their wheels fall off. No trade? then i will just play my stars every min otherwise we will just miss everything.

I would play them 38 minutes a game in the playoffs but we are playing better now and I think we can get 6th seed with Curry and Draymond playing 34 minutes a game the rest of the regular season.

To play their games, the games that we love Curry and Draymond must be very active; more active than the average NBA startee. I do not want Curry and Draymond to be too worn down by the start of the playoffs. They are old now. I think 40 high energy minutes per game is too much to ask for from older guys.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#59 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:05 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Was posting on another thread.

Wiggins, Klay, Draymond....all came into camp out of shape and not ready to play. Draymond hasn't been right mentally since last year.

Whose responsibility is it to:
Motivate and get player in the right mindset.
Put young player in the BEST position to succeed.

It's simple. THIS TEAM HAS WAY TOO MUCH TALENT . . .to be this bad, to have zero chemistry, to play without any sense of fight or cohesion.

All the above is the COACHES JOB.

Kerr, especially if a move isn't made, should get fired.

Apperently you are not loving it.
This team has been playing kind of well lately.

You have been on this board since 2004; a year longer than me. We were not thinking that anything less than a champioship was failure in 2005.

Return to Golden State Warriors