ImageImageImageImageImage

Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Re: Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You? 

Post#221 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:36 pm

Want a situation that should ACTUALLY bother folks?

DDV is hitting 41% of his 3s on high volume in New York. What the **** was his problem??
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#222 » by xdrta+ » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:41 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Want a situation that should ACTUALLY bother folks?

DDV is hitting 41% of his 3s on high volume in New York. What the **** was his problem??

Probably Kerr's fault. Everything else is.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,166

Post#223 » by TB » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:27 pm

DDV shooting issues have mostly been a playoff thing... lets see if he gets over that hump this year.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#224 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:01 pm

Damion Lee had his best shooting year after leaving the Warriors and joining the Suns.

It’s the rims. Imagine what Curry could do with proper rims.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#225 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:12 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Green + TJD is too unproven to rely on that as a regular staple this season. At least until proven otherwise once they have a bigger sample size together.

Green + Looney has been a problem for a while, and before Looney's drop-off in play this season. Having two non-shooters out there clogging the paint...

Fine on Looney, but the only thing holding TJD back is Kerr. There's no rational argument to hinder flexibility
You can bench Klay, sure, but you're gonna play Wiggs at the two? Or you're gonna break up the Dray/Kuminga/Wiggs trio? Either of those is less than ideal. The ideal lineup is Steph, Wiggins, Kuminga, Draymond, and then whoever you want to put at the two - Klay, or if you don't like Klay, Podz. Or CP3. Or GP2. Or Moody. Or mix and match. But Steph on the floor, Draymond at the five, and Kuminga and Wiggins playing alongside Draymond seems to me to be the best lineup by far.

Yes.
No.
There is no ideal anymore, we react to other teams, they dont react to us
That lineup is not ideal and hinders flexbility for no reason.
The best lineup is based on the matchup.

Drrat, Kuminga, Wiggins, Curry can look very different depending on who the 5th man is.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,696

Post#226 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:53 pm

Numbers show he's taking more shots in 0-3 feet now than he ever did as a Warrior. Very annoyed by this development. His offensive game was so feast or famine as a Warrior because of his unwillingness to shoot in the paint.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#227 » by jozef » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:36 pm

DDV was absolutely great at BOTH guard positions. It was Jordan Poole uncertainty what disallow him to get steady role.
I still would try to get him back. He should be 30 min rotation guard and future starter at PG.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#228 » by DevinVassell » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:30 pm

jozef wrote:DDV was absolutely great at BOTH guard positions. It was Jordan Poole uncertainty what disallow him to get steady role.
I still would try to get him back. He should be 30 min rotation guard and future starter at PG.

DDV was "absolutely great" and he should be our "future starter at point guard".

lol... I give up.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,708

Post#229 » by WarriorGM » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:47 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Green + TJD is too unproven to rely on that as a regular staple this season. At least until proven otherwise once they have a bigger sample size together.

Then it's about time they are played together to increase the sample size.

Twinkie defense wrote:Green + Looney has been a problem for a while, and before Looney's drop-off in play this season. Having two non-shooters out there clogging the paint...

...won a championship.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#230 » by jozef » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:28 am

DevinVassell wrote:
jozef wrote:DDV was absolutely great at BOTH guard positions. It was Jordan Poole uncertainty what disallow him to get steady role.

DDV was "absolutely great" and he should be our "future starter at point guard".
lol... I give up.

Absolutely great = .397 3P% and per 36 mins: 6.2 rebs, 4.8. asts, 1.8 stls, extremely well meshing with Steph and Dray
futute starter at point guard = this season .415 3P% and 19.7 pts per 36 mins
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#231 » by DevinVassell » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:18 am

jozef wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

lol... I give up.

Absolutely great = .397 3P% and per 36 mins: 6.2 rebs, 4.8. asts, 1.8 stls, extremely well meshing with Steph and Dray
futute starter at point guard = this season .415 3P% and 19.7 pts per 36 mins

You said... "I still would try to get him back. He should be 30 min rotation guard and future starter at PG"

So you want Donte as the Dubs future starting PG?

In front of Steph Curry?

What shall we do with Brandin Podziemski? Relegate him to third string and under 10 mins a game.

In reference to those great per36 stats you listed... here's how he compares to our rookie.

Rebs
DDV 6.2
BP 7.9

Asts
DDV 4.8
BP 5.3

Stls
DDV 1.8
BP 1.2

I'll add one more.

TOs
DDV 2.1
BP 1.7
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#232 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:37 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I do not know who is the most similar to Draymond but Shane Battier would make my top ten list of players similar to Draymond.

I was a big fan of Shane Battier - he would be even better in the modern game.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#233 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:17 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I do not know who is the most similar to Draymond but Shane Battier would make my top ten list of players similar to Draymond.

I was a big fan of Shane Battier - he would be even better in the modern game.

He'd be great as the pf next to dray. An athletic opj.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#234 » by jozef » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:30 pm

DevinVassell wrote:You said... "I still would try to get him back. He should be 30 min rotation guard and future starter at PG"
In front of Steph Curry?
What shall we do with Brandin Podziemski? Relegate him to third string and under 10 mins a game.
In reference to those great per36 stats you listed... here's how he compares to our rookie.
Rebs
DDV 6.2
BP 7.9
Asts
DDV 4.8
BP 5.3
Stls
DDV 1.8
BP 1.2
I'll add one more.
TOs
DDV 2.1
BP 1.7

I prefer DDV over Podz. Higher shooting setup point. Better leaping ability. And I like Podz too.
Maybe Steph will play next 5 seasons. If not, Donte could take starting job.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#235 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:40 pm

jozef wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:You said... "I still would try to get him back. He should be 30 min rotation guard and future starter at PG"
In front of Steph Curry?
Rebs
DDV 6.2
BP 7.9
Asts
DDV 4.8
BP 5.3
Stls
DDV 1.8
BP 1.2
I'll add one more.
TOs
DDV 2.1
BP 1.7

I prefer DDV over Podz. Higher shooting setup point. Better leaping ability. And I like Podz too.
Maybe Steph will play next 5 seasons. If not, Donte could take starting job.

Podz is just a rookie.
If Podz gets any better he will be clearly better than DDV.
Rookies usually do get better.

We have not seen Podz be a shooter and scorer like he was in college but that may come next year.

Podz is bigger than DDV but DDV was faster.

I figure Payton bringing the ball up the court and Payton guarding the point guards while Podz defends off guards and is the point guard for the offense should work as a pair of guards.

Not sure what that leaves for Moody, Quinones and Klay. Podz can’t play 48 minutes. I figure Curry, Draymond, wiggins and Kuminga are starters but I don’t know who the 5th starter should be. I think Kuminga can defend off guards if Trayce or Looney start.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#236 » by jozef » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:25 pm

I do not see Podz being able to score like he was in college. Definitely not at SG position.
DDV is not smaller than Podz. DDV has a bounce and leap on his shot. They would be a fun to watch playing together.
I love Podz defense on Harden.

Return to Golden State Warriors