watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Re: Game 81: Warriors vs Pelicans 7pm PDT 

Post#141 » by watch1958 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:27 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Overall having CP3 has helped some. Better than Poole. Better than Chiozza.

We should have traded CP3 and Draft picks and Moody for DeJounte Murray. Hawks played games pretending to want to trade Murray. Hawks would only trade Murray if they could cheat the other team by getting them to overpay for Murray. We should have let the Hawks cheat us and overpaid for Murray. We have no future after Curry retires so who cares if we give the Hawks some draft picks.

No. The team should win with these pieces if they are deployed more optimally.

No this is not Kerr’s fault. Our young guys are not as good as many think they are. Our old guys are declining. Our team is not good enough.
Podz was the logical one to throw in on a DJM trade. Hawks were more interested in him, and with Murray’s skill set he was expendable.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#142 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:28 am

Onus wrote:
Onus wrote:Sure but we know Kerr is going to play the vets when the chips are down because the vets run the locker room. That’s already a given, which is why it’s the front offices job to remove that option especially since they decided to extend Kerr.

We should have traded CP3 and Draft picks and Moody for DeJounte Murray. Hawks played games pretending to want to trade Murray. Hawks would only trade Murray if they could cheat the other team by getting them to overpay for Murray. We should have let the Hawks cheat us and overpaid for Murray. We have no future after Curry retires so who cares if we give the Hawks some draft picks.

Really we should’ve traded jk for og last year. That was the trade we should’ve made

The thing is JK is actually quite good and could be very good if he improves again next year. Could we know that JK would not rebound?
Could we know that JK would be so weak on the mental side of the game?

On the other hand could we know that JK’s driving game would be so good? It would not surprise me if JK was scoring an efficient 28 points per game next year and we will need that scoring because our scorers are declining.

Lets give the Hawks CP3 and Moody and a boatload of cash and 2 future 1st for DeJounte Murray this summer. Murray as starting off guard so we can defend again. Payton and some fast point guard to defend point guards when Curry sits. New and improved I hope Kuminga as co-first option with Curry.

Maybe some Podz at small forward and DeJounte and Payton while Draymond and Curry sit. Podz and DeJounte together gives you enough offensive point guard play. Dejounte getting minutes with the bench means Klay can play some with the starters.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,924

Post#143 » by powerball1373 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:34 am

Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Sunday should be fun with most of the games being meaningful in the WC standings.

Sunday means nothing to us. I’m resting everyone. Rest is so much more important now that we’re locked into 9/10

Sunday is about home court vs the Lakers in the play in. Refs will be trying to keep LeBron in the playoffs. We need our fans to embarrass the refs when they make bad calls to help the Lakers. We need our fans to make everybody notice when the refs make bad calls to rig the game. Our fans must make the refs feel uncomfortable about rigging the game. I think our fat cat fans are too laid back to do their job of giving the res sh’t.

We are going to lose the play in game because the refs send LeBron and Austin Reeves to the free throw line 30 times while giving the Warriors no calls.

If the Lakers win, I think it's going to be Warriors at Kings in the 9-10, right? It's in the NBA's best interest to have BOTH the Lakers and Warriors in the real playoffs.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,708

Post#144 » by WarriorGM » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:35 am

WarriorGM wrote:

No. The team should win with these pieces if they are deployed more optimally.

No this is not Kerr’s fault. Our young guys are not as good as many think they are. Our old guys are declining. Our team is not good enough.

Our young guys are playable in the sense that they can go on court and not regularly sink the team. They often end up with a positive plus-minus. That is a big win because that means you can play them more and have them gain experience without worrying too much you'll be throwing away games.

This team has a bunch of older players that need rest. This team also has a bunch of younger players that could use experience. It would seem the preferred usage allocation should be obvious. But apparently it was not obvious enough for Kerr and his assistants.

I hope I don't hear anything more along the lines of Steph, Klay, Draymond, and CP3 need rest. If they didn't get it, it's the team's fault.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,316

Post#145 » by DonaldSanders » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:38 am

This team still really lacks a quality SG to pair with Steph. It's been a big issue all season, and it's more apparent vs. good teams. Swarm Steph, and there is no guard that can make them pay. Steph is going to continue to get older, to me it's the #1 problem.

And WTF was that sub choice when Steph entered on a 12-1 run? Obvious time to sub out CP3, but somehow MOODY of all players is subbed out. The run immediately stopped. CP3 is a *backup* point guard at age 38, about to turn 39. He is a very good backup point guard, but not the right player to pair with Steph in crunch time. If you really want to keep him in, then Klay must come out. Immediately Klay shot the worst shot of the game, and it was so obvious what was going to happen as soon as Kerr's stupid sub choice went down :(
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#146 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:45 am

powerball1373 wrote:
Onus wrote:Sunday means nothing to us. I’m resting everyone. Rest is so much more important now that we’re locked into 9/10

Sunday is about home court vs the Lakers in the play in. Refs will be trying to keep LeBron in the playoffs. We need our fans to embarrass the refs when they make bad calls to help the Lakers. We need our fans to make everybody notice when the refs make bad calls to rig the game. Our fans must make the refs feel uncomfortable about rigging the game. I think our fat cat fans are too laid back to do their job of giving the res sh’t.

We are going to lose the play in game because the refs send LeBron and Austin Reeves to the free throw line 30 times while giving the Warriors no calls.

If the Lakers win, I think it's going to be Warriors at Kings in the 9-10, right? It's in the NBA's best interest to have BOTH the Lakers and Warriors in the real playoffs.

Kings have got the 8 seed because Warrior's lost tonight and Lakers will lose to Pelicans and Kings will beat TrailBlazers. Warriors will be the 9 seed and Lakers will be the 10 seed. Warriors failed to take care of business vs the Pelicans so Kings are the 8th seed.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#147 » by watch1958 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:49 am

Didn’t we beat NO once this season?

Without Klay if I remember correctly.

Pretty easily.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#148 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 am

DonaldSanders wrote:This team still really lacks a quality SG to pair with Steph. It's been a big issue all season, and it's more apparent vs. good teams. Swarm Steph, and there is no guard that can make them pay. Steph is going to continue to get older, to me it's the #1 problem.

And WTF was that sub choice when Steph entered on a 12-1 run? Obvious time to sub out CP3, but somehow MOODY of all players is subbed out. The run immediately stopped. CP3 is a *backup* point guard at age 38, about to turn 39. He is a very good backup point guard, but not the right player to pair with Steph in crunch time. If you really want to keep him in, then Klay must come out. Immediately Klay shot the worst shot of the game, and it was so obvious what was going to happen as soon as Kerr's stupid sub choice went down :(

We have no starting quality off guard but we have a diverse group of good back up quality off guards led by Klay. If we need scoring from our off guard then I trust Klay more than I trust Moody or Payton. Quinones is not bad. We could experiment with Kuminga defending off guards.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,924

Post#149 » by powerball1373 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:55 am

powerball1373 wrote:

Kings have got the 8 seed because Warrior's lost tonight and Lakers will lose to Pelicans and Kings will beat TrailBlazers. Warriors will be the 9 seed and Lakers will be the 10 seed. Warriors failed to take care of business vs the Pelicans so Kings are the 8th seed.

I'm saying if the Lakers beat the Pels, they'll be 8. Lakers are 2-1 on the season series against them, plus an extra day of rest, so I don't think that's a stretch.

Read on Twitter
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#150 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:06 am

DonaldSanders wrote:This team still really lacks a quality SG to pair with Steph. It's been a big issue all season, and it's more apparent vs. good teams. Swarm Steph, and there is no guard that can make them pay. Steph is going to continue to get older, to me it's the #1 problem.

Moody was one of the better players tonight but our board overrates Moody. Moody is not starter quality but Klay and Payton are also not starter quality. CP3 may be borderline starter quality for limited minutes but he is a bad fit with the Curry Draymond duo. Curry and Draymond don’t need a 3rd point guard but Iguodala used to be helpful as a 3rd pointguard in our ball movement offense but we are not setting screens and keeping the ball moving like we used to do.

If Moody was the defender many think he is then I would agree give up CP3s offense for Moody’s defense. CP3s offense is arguably better than Moody’s defense. If Moody could constantly provide 2016 Harrison Barnes level offense then I would not be annoyed that Moody is not able to come close to 2016 Iguodala level defense. We need 2016 Klay back but that isn’t going to happen.

Give us a starting quality off guard and give Saric 2016 Bogut’s size and abilities and we become the championship favorites.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#151 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 am

powerball1373 wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:

I'm saying if the Lakers beat the Pels, they'll be 8. Lakers are 2-1 on the season series against them, plus an extra day of rest, so I don't think that's a stretch.

Read on Twitter

I don’t think the Lakers are good enough to beat the Pels if the Pels play like they did their last 2 games against the Warriors and Kings.
Lakers defunitely need Anthony Davis. Davis played 42 minutes today and still the Lakers barely beat the Grizzlies. I do not think the Lakers are playing all that well lately.

Lakers needed a 34 to 21 free throw advantage to beat the Grizzlies. Lakers will need a bigger free throw advantage to beat the Pels or the Warriors in the play in game. Lakers beating the Pels does not matter to the league buut it will cost thhe league millioons of dollars if the Lakers do not beat the Warriors in the play in game. Actually it will cost the TV broadcaster millions if the. Laers do not beat the Warriors but in the long run costing the TV broadcasters money costs the league money.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,113

Post#152 » by whatisacenter » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:22 am

I doubt the Kings lose the Blazers.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,708

Post#153 » by WarriorGM » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:24 am

Moody was one of the better players tonight but our board overrates Moody. Moody is not starter quality but Klay and Payton are also not starter quality. CP3 may be borderline starter quality for limited minutes but he is a bad fit with the Curry Draymond duo. Curry and Draymond don’t need a 3rd point guard but Iguodala used to be helpful as a 3rd pointguard in our ball movement offense but we are not setting screens and keeping the ball moving like we used to do.

If Moody was the defender many think he is then I would agree give up CP3s offense for Moody’s defense. CP3s offense is arguably better than Moody’s defense. If Moody could constantly provide 2016 Harrison Barnes level offense then I would not be annoyed that Moody is not able to come close to 2016 Iguodala level defense. We need 2016 Klay back but that isn’t going to happen.

Give us a starting quality off guard and give Saric 2016 Bogut’s size and abilities and we become the championship favorites.

Moody hasn't played enough to really make the determination if he is starter quality or not.

Kerr at the start of this season should have insisted on Moody starting for 10 straight games preferably without Klay. Going over the performance of his lineups it seems Draymond's observation that some players don't work great with Steph and Klay because they end up deferring too much may apply to Moody. Moody if he is to maximize his potential needs to be broken free of such timidity. That's less likely to happen if he isn't playing enough.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#154 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:39 am

WarriorGM wrote:

Moody hasn't played enough to really make the determination if he is starter quality or not.

Kerr at the start of this season should have insisted on Moody starting for 10 straight games preferably without Klay. Going over the performance of his lineups it seems Draymond's observation that some players don't work great with Steph and Klay because they end up deferring too much may apply to Moody. Moody if he is to maximize his potential needs to be broken free of such timidity. That's less likely to happen if he isn't playing enough.
I don’t think Moody is a scorer any more than Damion Lee was a scorer. Being an efficient shooter of wide open 3s is good enough if you are aa very good defender. Moody is only a solid defender not a very good defender.

We dont have a starting quality off guard. So if Klay does not cut it on defense and Moody does not bring enough on offense who should play? With Dray at point center and Curry and Kuminga on fire and Wiggins chipping in you don’t need Klays offense so play Moody. But if Curry and Kuminga are cold you need Klays offense. As bad as cold chucking Klay is asking cold Moody to be a chucker would be even worse.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,697

Post#155 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:48 am

We looked overwhelmed physically tonight, and we had as well in an earlier season matchup. It’s tough spotting an opponent the size and speed advantage. For as much as the announcers talked up the Pelicans not missing from 3 a lot of it was just us helping down low to cover size mismatches and getting burned on basic kick outs. A lot of games we get burned on 3’s from helping out to cover the lack of size inside, and when we do try to recover out on 3 we overplay the recovery and get destroyed on the dribble penetration of closing out too hard.

Some of these lineups like Steph, CP3, Podz all together just leaves so much room for mismatches that can be exploited in a multitude of ways. Our guys can dig in and fight but you have such a slim margin for error. It’s not encouraging that these guys had to go balls to the wall at home vs the Pelicans without Brandon Ingram to compete.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Post#156 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 am

WarriorGM wrote:

PLEASE.

This theory that Moody is just waiting to be unlocked if Kerr only had a clue.

The coaches have watched him in games and practices. They know exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Far more than basketball savants on RealGM do. But somehow, if Moody got 30 minutes a game, he'd be this quality starter, all-star even.

Because the experts on the forums know more than the coaches who watch and work with him every day do. :lol:

Has he EARNED more minutes or does he need more minutes to PROVE you savants right?

It's as if the draft nerds who watched all the Youtube videos of prospects at 15-years old KNOW which ones should be getting more minutes t age 20 or 21.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#157 » by superunknown » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:11 am

another L at home. wow. applause to everybody. what an amazing season so far. keep it up.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#158 » by jozef » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:24 am

DAWill1128 wrote:We looked overwhelmed physically tonight, and we had as well in an earlier season matchup. It’s tough spotting an opponent the size and speed advantage. For as much as the announcers talked up the Pelicans not missing from 3 a lot of it was just us helping down low to cover size mismatches and getting burned on basic kick outs. A lot of games we get burned on 3’s from helping out to cover the lack of size inside, and when we do try to recover out on 3 we overplay the recovery and get destroyed on the dribble penetration of closing out too hard.

Some of these lineups like Steph, CP3, Podz all together just leaves so much room for mismatches that can be exploited in a multitude of ways. Our guys can dig in and fight but you have such a slim margin for error. It’s not encouraging that these guys had to go balls to the wall at home vs the Pelicans without Brandon Ingram to compete.

I agree completely. Well, since July I spent a lot of time to write about rotations in different threads. The coaching staff is a big disappointment in this area.
This game: Dray 36, TJD 22, Loon 8 minutes combined for 66 minutes so we played 30 minutes with a small guy at PF...
With JK out the minute distribution for this game should be:
PF GREEN 36, GARUBA/SARIC 12
C JACKSON-DAVIS 36, LOONEY 12
So 3 combos would always be on the floor providing stability:
Green and Jackson-Davis
Green and Looney
Garuba/Saric and Jackson-Davis
(stay away from Garuba/Saric and Looney combo)
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#159 » by superunknown » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:40 am

wco81 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

PLEASE.

The coaches have watched him in games and practices. They know exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Far more than basketball savants on RealGM do. But somehow, if Moody got 30 minutes a game, he'd be this quality starter, all-star even.

Because the experts on the forums know more than the coaches who watch and work with him every day do. :lol:

Has he EARNED more minutes or does he need more minutes to PROVE you savants right?

It's as if the draft nerds who watched all the Youtube videos of prospects at 15-years old KNOW which ones should be getting more minutes t age 20 or 21.

can't speak about theory, but let's look at the reality: this team with klay as starter/30+ mins at SG is not competitive (for contending). ofc it cannot be derubricated entirely on klay, but the SG together with the C position is the main issue of his roster. mainly because the SG needs to score but also "guard" steph's back on the defensive side of the ball, taking pressure off him on D and on the boards, things that this version of klay cannot provide anymore because of age and injuries, rather requires extra effort from steph himself to cover for his deficiencies when on the floor with him. it's been crystal clear since the beginning of the year. like the abomination of the 3 if not 4 guard lineups thrown out there by kerr.
moody might have not earned more minutes, so podz, certainly klay did not earned the right to play 30+ mins (either as a starter or not), in fact many on this board were advocating a trade for a guard in the summer (holiday) and in Feb (murray) who could've been that guard to pair with steph. klay is no longer that guard.
the same coaches that watched moody in games and practice also watched klay in games and practice. they (should) know exactly what his strenghts and weaknesses are at this point of his career. and yet here we are. with him playing pretty much like we were in 2018 or 2019. that is the issue.
bottom line is, they should've tried something else from early on (someone would argue already last season rather than play frigging jerome and lamb, 2 two-way players that are currently out of the league....), including playing moody more mins and, in case any tries with the players a roster couldn't make any substantial change to the team performance and record, make a trade at the deadline rather than sticking with klay (and CP) as the main SG no matter what.
moody or not moody, this is the reality of the situation.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,455

Post#160 » by svart » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:47 am

wco81 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

PLEASE.

So we have this savy coach and coach staff with the highest roster on the league that took us all the way up to the 10th place in the conference. But if we dare not trusting him, you mock us. Right.

You forgot that at some point during the season even the savants from the media questioned kerr's rotations. And i am sure they would have asked directly mire questions but they didn't dare.

So let's agree to disagree.

You can't know if moody has earned or not more minutes when we was getting treated like he was. And it's not only him, remember jk and tjd from the start of the season? Meanwhile some of the veterans coldn't do anything wrong. Remember?

All some of us asked was meritocracy. You don't need to be a scientist to see it.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee

Return to Golden State Warriors