ImageImageImageImageImage

Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,801

Re: Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You? 

Post#181 » by Upperclass » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:35 am

Kuminga doesn't have the hoops IQ for Draymond to impact him in a lasting way. He's a high energy, scorer that doesn't do much else except try hard. Once he's paid and on another team, he'll look like a league worst defender and rebounder.. Draymond can't help with that
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Post#182 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Its bothering other teams for sure

He's arguably having his best 3-season arc the past 3 seasons.. contract is a total bargain
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#183 » by michaelm » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:00 am

Old_Blue wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
If Kuminga says to Draymond, "Enough OG, I don't need to hear it AGAIN" what do you think Draymond would do?

Interesting question. Kuminga is a lot bigger than Poole. So, Draymond couldn't get away with the same kind of retaliation like he did to Poole. It would definitely have to be more of a sneak attack, maybe on the team plane while Kuminga was sleeping. Either that, or one of Draymond's trademark spastic "unnatural act" moves where he randomly flails either a leg (like with LeBron) or an arm (like with Nurkic). Regardless of how it went down though, history clearly indicates the team would take Draymond's side. :D

Whatever else Draymond might have done the LeBron incident was bogus. The leg flailing was Steve Adams.

The Poole punch was obviously completely indefensible, it was out of control to punch a team mate in the first place and the consequences of such a punch were also outside his control.

For the rest of it, Green has done many stupid things on an NBA court not infrequently to the detriment of his team, and he was frankly delusional if he thought he could get away with the 2 incidents that led to his suspensions this year live on national TV. For all of his reputation as a thug he doesn’t actually injure people though, and I don’t believe he seeks to significantly injure players either including in the two incidents this year. I asked whom he had ever injured on the GB once, and all anyone could come up with was a broken finger because of the way a player was holding the ball in a fairly routine steal attempt which was not even called as a foul. I can recall him after fouling a player in the air to force him to make the 2 FTs then assisting said player to the ground so he didn’t get hurt, a courtesy LeBron didn’t extend to James Wiseman, and the mechanism of Klay’s ACL injury for that matter.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#184 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:11 am

What we learned about the Warriors after an inactive NBA trade deadline day
Remember that 6-2 start? This is the most momentum the Warriors have had since the first two weeks of the season. All four of their wins on this trip were comfortable. Their only loss came in overtime. They’re 5-3 in their last eight games, and the two non-overtime losses were by a single point to the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles Lakers. Something is brewing.

Draymond Green is at the center of it. In the 10 games since he’s returned, the Warriors have outscored opponents by 124 points in Green’s 291 minutes. Playing exclusively at center, he has unlocked the Jonathan Kuminga and Andrew Wiggins wing combo, allowing the front office to feel more comfortable keeping Wiggins past the deadline instead of accepting the milquetoast offers at their doorstep.

It’s all about the defensive end. During Green’s elongated second suspension, the Warriors had the 29th-ranked defense in the NBA. Since he’s been back, they have a 112.2 rating, seventh best in the league during that 10-game sample. In Green’s court time, it’s been a 107.2 rating. He’s changed the calculus.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,020

Post#185 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:18 am

Upperclass wrote:Kuminga doesn't have the hoops IQ for Draymond to impact him in a lasting way. He's a high energy, scorer that doesn't do much else except try hard. Once he's paid and on another team, he'll look like a league worst defender and rebounder.. Draymond can't help with that

To think this sort of ignorant take was common around here less than two weeks ago. My how things have changed.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#186 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:38 am

What bothers me is not Dray. What bothers me is that Dray will get a 10 game suspension if he sneezes on somebody’s shoulder.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#187 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:09 pm

michaelm wrote: I asked whom he had ever injured on the GB once, and all anyone could come up with was a broken finger because of the way a player was holding the ball in a fairly routine steal attempt which was not even called as a foul. .

He injured Sabonis, during a deadball, in the damn playoffs. :lol: :falloff:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,325

Post#188 » by NeoWarriors » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:14 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
michaelm wrote: I asked whom he had ever injured on the GB once, and all anyone could come up with was a broken finger because of the way a player was holding the ball in a fairly routine steal attempt which was not even called as a foul. .

He injured Sabonis, during a deadball, in the damn playoffs. :falloff:
It wasn't a dead ball. It was on a rebound. Sabonis grabbed Klay's Jersey and tried to pull him down, then he grabbed Draymond's leg. It's his own fault.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#189 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:39 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

It wasn't a dead ball. It was on a rebound. Sabonis grabbed Klay's Jersey and tried to pull him down, then he grabbed Draymond's leg. It's his own fault.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app

That warranted stompage. Nothing malacious. Otoh...
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 793

Post#190 » by Old_Blue » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:02 pm

michaelm wrote:Green has done many stupid things on an NBA court not infrequently to the detriment of his team, and he was frankly delusional if he thought he could get away with the 2 incidents that led to his suspensions this year live on national TV. For all of his reputation as a thug he doesn’t actually injure people though, and I don’t believe he seeks to significantly injure players either including in the two incidents this year. I asked whom he had ever injured on the GB once, and all anyone could come up with was a broken finger because of the way a player was holding the ball in a fairly routine steal attempt which was not even called as a foul. I can recall him after fouling a player in the air to force him to make the 2 FTs then assisting said player to the ground so he didn’t get hurt, a courtesy LeBron didn’t extend to James Wiseman, and the mechanism of Klay’s ACL injury for that matter.

Maybe our expectations of Draymond have always simply been too high. We expect him to act like a "normal" human being when he is anything but. Maybe Draymond is essentially ferae naturae - from the Latin, a wild undomesticated creature, the property of no one unless and until caught. Maybe Draymond just wasn't born to follow rules or worry about consequences. It's like if a bear mauls you on its way to nab the Twinkies you have in your backpack (an expensive one with the number 30 on it). The bear didn't mean any harm. It's just doing what comes natural. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#191 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:30 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Read on Twitter

Additionally, Sabonis was not injured. His rolling around on the floor was an act. Dray didnt put full weight on him.

Dray shouldnt have fallen for the provocation. That he did was stupid though, rather than evil.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#192 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:41 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:

He injured Sabonis, during a deadball, in the damn playoffs. :lol: :falloff:

The Sabonis injury looked fake to me.

I think Sabonis was acting for the refs but Sabonis is not as good of an actor as Anderson Verajao was.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#193 » by michaelm » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:26 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Read on Twitter

That warranted stompage. Nothing malacious. Otoh...

The 2 questions are whether it was an attempt to injure Sabonis and whether Sabonis was injured. A retaliatory stomp would not be OK/Sabonis’s fault of course but it looked to me that Green was trying to get free so GSW could have a 5 on 4 play at the other end, and in at least part of the sequence Sabonis was trying to impede him from doing so.

You can have no certainty about either of my questions. And you are flat out wrong it was a dead ball situation so if I am a biased GSW fan as I undoubtedly am you have also disqualified yourself as an objective observer of fact.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,316

Post#194 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:16 am

I see a Bucks fan trolling. Fact is that Sabonis in clear video evidence above made 2 dirty plays. No Draymond should not have stood on him with one foot and that was a dirty play. That does not mean Sabonis didn't make 2 dirty plays, both of which could cause injuries.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#195 » by michaelm » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:33 am

DonaldSanders wrote:I see a Bucks fan trolling. Fact is that Sabonis in clear video evidence above made 2 dirty plays. No Draymond should not have stood on him with one foot and that was a dirty play. That does not mean Sabonis didn't make 2 dirty plays, both of which could cause injuries.

I trust my impression when I see things live much more than I and everyone else analysing/performing exegesis on slow motion replays ad infinitum and didn’t see the Sabonis thing live. I was expecting after the reports I had read to see that Green had finally done something completely uncontrolled on an NBA court equivalent to the Poole punch. Imo it wasn’t a malicious stomp, retaliatory or otherwise, but rather an attempt to get free to take part in a 5 on 4 play at the other end of the court. He did a strange hop on one foot and tried to get his other foot free rather than setting himself to stomp Sabonis’s sternum as hard as possible with his full body weight imo.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#196 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:24 am

Another brilliant game from Draymond. vs. the Suns! Draymond is key to any success the Warriors have this postseason.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 740

Post#197 » by Jerry Maine » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:29 am

We have Steph
We have Dray
We have elite wing, help defence plus strong transition and bail out offence in Wiggs
We have elite rim attack and aggressive poa defence in JK
We have a rook Swiss army knife getting lots of reps in Podz
We have a lockdown poa defender who can attack the rim in GP2.
We have an elite half court floor general in CP3
We have serviceable backup bigs with different strengths in Looney, TJD and Saric.
We have serviceable depth in young players Moody, Gui and Quinones.

And we potentially have a microwave off-the-bench shooter in Klay.

Podz / CP3 / Quinones
Steph / Klay / Moody
Wiggs / GP2
JK / Saric / Gui
Dray / Loon / TJD

I'm not worried about Dray playing the bulk of his minutes at C, he's built for it
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#198 » by Impuniti » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:02 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:We have Steph
We have Dray
We have elite wing, help defence plus strong transition and bail out offence in Wiggs
We have elite rim attack and aggressive poa defence in JK
We have a rook Swiss army knife getting lots of reps in Podz
We have a lockdown poa defender who can attack the rim in GP2.
We have an elite half court floor general in CP3
We have serviceable backup bigs with different strengths in Looney, TJD and Saric.
We have serviceable depth in young players Moody, Gui and Quinones.

And we potentially have a microwave off-the-bench shooter in Klay.

Podz / CP3 / Quinones
Steph / Klay / Moody
Wiggs / GP2
JK / Saric / Gui
Dray / Loon / TJD

I'm not worried about Dray playing the bulk of his minutes at C, he's built for it

CP3 should be Stephs backup, Klay/CP3 should be switched.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#199 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:39 pm

Players know Draymond is prone to reaction and that the refs have him under a microscope, so like Sabonis and Nurkić they are prone to try and bait him and to flop and fake injury in the international soccer fashion...
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 793

Post#200 » by Old_Blue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:29 pm

Is this even a "situation" anymore? Draymond seems to be behaving himself. Until he physically attacks a referee on national television, there would seem to be more pertinent matters facing the team.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors