ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 56 Nuggets at Warriors, 4 PM pst, big test, big game, big Jokic. NokieJokey not this time

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Re: Game 56 Nuggets at Warriors, 4 PM pst, big test, big game, big Jokic. NokieJokey not this time 

Post#201 » by Coxy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:02 am

Jester_ wrote:Can you imagine if Lacob had fired MJax and promoted Malone? We might have 6 rings by now

:roll:
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Game 56 Nuggets at Warriors, 4 PM pst, big test, big game, big Jokic. NokieJokey not this time 

Post#202 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:03 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:We need to play another big vs Denver alongside dray.

Dray on jokic allows jokic to find cutters and open shooters. More importantly takes dray out of the paint which makes jk the primary big paint protector helper.

Our 3 pfs (jk,klay, and saric) struggled with ag tonight.

All 3 of those names aren’t true PF besides in Kerr’s world. JK plays size wise like a SG. Klay should be on the bench at 20 minutes. Saric shouldn’t play in any meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Moody if he got his three down would be ideal. And I would have JK stick on Murray like white on rice.

Jk isn't a good match up at poa these days.

He's best on a mpj or kcp. He simply can't handle ags activity.

Wiggs has to be on Murray and it forced the nuggets to call for a screen 99% of the time. Then wiggs got moved to mpj which is what we don't want. He's our second best help defender and tough rebounder (based on stats) stuck out at the 3 pt line.

Now we have dray and wiggins both drawn out of the paint. That was by design and kerr had no counter for it.

Jk just needs to play bigger or get replaced by tjd or podz needs to get taller and replaced by moody (not klay). That's it.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#203 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:06 am

Steph was 1 for 10 from 3. Not a good game for Step.
Klay scores 23 in the first half and scores Zero in the 2nd half.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#204 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:17 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:We need to play another big vs Denver alongside dray.

Dray on jokic allows jokic to find cutters and open shooters. More importantly takes dray out of the paint which makes jk the primary big paint protector helper.

Our 3 pfs (jk,klay, and saric) struggled with ag tonight.

All 3 of those names aren’t true PF besides in Kerr’s world. JK plays size wise like a SG. Klay should be on the bench at 20 minutes. Saric shouldn’t play in any meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Moody if he got his three down would be ideal. And I would have JK stick on Murray like white on rice.

Wiggs has to be on Murray and it forced the nuggets to call for a screen 99% of the time. Then wiggs got moved to mpj which is what we don't want. He's our second best help defender and tough rebounder (based on stats) stuck out at the 3 pt line.

Now we have dray and wiggins both drawn out of the paint. That was by design and kerr had no counter for it.

Jk just needs to play bigger or get replaced by tjd or podz needs to get taller and replaced by moody (not klay). That's it.

Kuminga is not a great defensive rebounder but he did lead the team in rebounds, along with Podz. We only got outrebounded by two defensive and one offensive.

So what exactly is the criticism of Kuminga at PF? He should be on AG. Even though AG is bigger than Kuminga, he's still the best option. AG did most of his damage on Saric and you won't hear me defending that choice from Kerr.

This scapegoating of Kuminga has to stop. He's the best player on the roster for the position. The complaining about him boils down to him not being able to replace the scoring we lost now that Klay has fallen off so much. But that's not objective. You can't blame Kuminga for not being able to score 20 every night on good efficiency. You have to appreciate all the things he does well which is as a playmaker, in the open court, getting to the free throw line, attacking the bucket and playing really sound backline defense. That last thing for some reason so few seem to have noticed.

I still am aching to see prolonged minutes of Curry/Wiggs/Moody/Kuminga/Dray because I think Moody would provide wing defense, rebounding and toughness that Podz can't provide against the best teams.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#205 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:18 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Steph was 1 for 10 from 3. Not a good game for Step.
Klay scores 23 in the first half and scores Zero in the 2nd half.

That's a good game from Klay. When big strong contenders like Denver step their game up, Klay can't hang. Klay is a 1st half scorer and we need to be happy when he excels at that.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#206 » by cpower » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:22 am

GP2 went out when we led 61-48. in 2 mins we are all tied at 61. It seems like Kerr always pulling the wrong card at times..sigh.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#207 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:36 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:All 3 of those names aren’t true PF besides in Kerr’s world. JK plays size wise like a SG. Klay should be on the bench at 20 minutes. Saric shouldn’t play in any meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Kuminga is not a great defensive rebounder but he did lead the team in rebounds, along with Podz. We only got outrebounded by two defensive and one offensive.

So what exactly is the criticism of Kuminga at PF? He should be on AG. Even though AG is bigger than Kuminga, he's still the best option. AG did most of his damage on Saric and you won't hear me defending that choice from Kerr.

This scapegoating of Kuminga has to stop. He's the best player on the roster for the position. The complaining about him boils down to him not being able to replace the scoring we lost now that Klay has fallen off so much. But that's not objective. You can't blame Kuminga for not being able to score 20 every night on good efficiency. You have to appreciate all the things he does well which is as a playmaker, in the open court, getting to the free throw line, attacking the bucket and playing really sound backline defense. That last thing for some reason so few seem to have noticed.

I still am aching to see prolonged minutes of Curry/Wiggs/Moody/Kuminga/Dray because I think Moody would provide wing defense, rebounding and toughness that Podz can't provide against the best teams.

If Kuminga is a power forward he should get 8 rebounds a game but he only gets 6 rebounds.

Damn Kuminga is fast at least in straight lines. The guy Kuminga most reminds me of is James Worthy.

Draymond, Kuminga, Wiggins and Curry. Can Kuminga defend off guards so I can keep Wiggins at small forward? I don’t think Kuminga has to be a power forward. He can be a power forward but he needs to improve his rebounding to not be a poor rebounding power forward.

Draymond, Kuminga, Wiggins and Curry is my starting and closing 4 but I am not sure who the 5th guy is. The 5th guy could change depending on match ups or depending on who is hot. There is nothing very wrong about not having a set 5th guy.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#208 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:36 am

cpower wrote:GP2 went out when we led 61-48. in 2 mins we are all tied at 61. It seems like Kerr always pulling the wrong card at times..sigh.

Maybe it’s not Kerr. When you are that much better than your opponent you can determine when you want to win or not. The Warriors are on the outside looking in. I used to spot people points during while playing a game when I knew I was much better, they always thought they had a chance but not really.

They shut down Curry, but bench Klay went off. The problem is no one shut down Murray, so the equation is unbalanced in their favor. If they can shut down Murray, the game is closer. But Nuggets were never lost control of the game because both their stars showed up and can iso on individual defenders with ease. They don’t have to draw up plays or elaborate sets, all they have to do is give it to Jokic or Murray and get the hell out of the way. That’s a huge luxury.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#209 » by WarriorGM » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:01 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
cpower wrote:GP2 went out when we led 61-48. in 2 mins we are all tied at 61. It seems like Kerr always pulling the wrong card at times..sigh.

Maybe it’s not Kerr. When you are that much better than your opponent you can determine when you want to win or not. The Warriors are on the outside looking in. I used to spot people points during while playing a game when I knew I was much better, they always thought they had a chance but not really.

They shut down Curry, but bench Klay went off. The problem is no one shut down Murray, so the equation is unbalanced in their favor. If they can shut down Murray, the game is closer. But Nuggets were never lost control of the game because both their stars showed up and can iso on individual defenders with ease. They don’t have to draw up plays or elaborate sets, all they have to do is give it to Jokic or Murray and get the hell out of the way. That’s a huge luxury.

Who is the best player on the Warriors to stop Murray? GPII perhaps?

The Dubs have the tools to get the job done. They just aren't being employed in a manner anyone would recognize as optimal.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#210 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:14 am

WarriorGM wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

The Dubs have the tools to get the job done. They just aren't being employed in a manner anyone would recognize as optimal.

It's a lot easier to matchup defensively when you can dictate your will with the tight offensive engine that is Steph/Klay/Dray. Without Klay being able to holdup his end of the bargain, suddenly we're scrambling to find points. We only scored 103 and there aren't many games you can win against good teams with that total.
The hottest of takes...
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#211 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:47 am

WarriorGM wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

It's wiggins, but not much you can do if Murray is calling for a screen. Mike brown would refuse the switch, but without him, we are switching everything.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,118

Post#212 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:57 am

WarriorGM wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

For the Nuggets, I'd go with TJD starting. He would have to replace Kuminga because Wiggins and Podz are more credible 3pt shooters

Podz on MPJ*. MPJ's a big softy and likes to hide behind quick screens. Meaning if they set a screen for MPJ and its anyone but Curry, he has a lot of length in his face. MPJ is a much worse player when he dribbles or does anything on his own

Curry on KCP*. Limited player, C&S player, gives Curry time to relax. KCP not a good or active screen-setter either

Wiggins on Murray*. He's the best option to stop him. Note the 3 asterisks. Will circle back

Draymond on Jokic. Duh

TJD on AG. Here's why - the team basically gave away open 3s to him. TJD is great in the paint and less great outside of it. Afraid AG gets a running start? Well guess what - he doesnt do that against shot blockers. He does it when smaller players do it. He sure didnt charge at Draymond.. why would he at TJD?

Now the asterisks.. the best way for the Nuggets to beat that lineup is to have AG set a screen for Murray and try and force a switch where TJD is on Murray and Wiggins is on AG. Which actually would be fine if the screen isn't perfect, because Wiggins could completely abandon AG to recover. The problem is now that its AG and TJD in space, Murray should be able to find him with ease as AG's much quicker. So how to beat that?

Put Curry on MPJ, Podz on Murray, and Wiggins on KCP. If they try the screen again, TJD overcommits to Murray's jumper, but you now have Wiggins floating for any drives or return passes to AG. Have to assume in any scenario, Dray is married to Jokic, so he shouldnt factor in. All this does is force guys like AG and KCP to have big games while doing your best to neutralize Murray. Dray on Jokic is the best we can do there without playing 4 on 3 with the rest of the Nuggets
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Post#213 » by whatisacenter » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:02 am

Hey, Garuba got Moody minutes tonight!
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#214 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:17 am

Bummer....but Warriors were never gone to run the table.

Next up!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#216 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:23 am

WarriorGM wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

I really think it’s a group effort. But for that to happen they have to change the group by adding Moody in place of Podz.

Reviewing the highlights, Nuggets played more disciplined and physical. And flipped the script, they played defense and got transition buckets. A lot of errors can be cleaned up by Kerr not playing Saric, Lester, Klay at all or fewer minutes.

They can win, but they have to play smart and disciplined, switch to larger lineup, and Curry has to show up on the offensive end, even scoring twos is preferable than missing more than half his shots. And again Kerr MUST stop playing Saric, Lester, and Klay in major minutes. That’s a given torpedo where I see no way around that will sink this postseason.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#217 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:30 am

Offensively, we weren't great.

Steph shot really poorly and really hurt us. Normally if **** was off, he facilitate more.

Jk is the other big problem. He carried the second highest usage, but resulted in the worst team offense.

Kerr did a really poor job with our offense by continuing to force feed the cold hand.

The 2 best offensive players in the 1h (klay and Wiggins) were not allowed to get involved. There was no team play at all, the ball just stuck which made it easier for the nuggets to defend.
Mambomuziki
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#218 » by Mambomuziki » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:43 am

Don't know why I am pissed off for this loss. I was expecting us to lose atleast this and the Lakers game

Sent from my Pixel 7a using RealGM mobile app
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#219 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:44 am

WarriorGM wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

I think Ron Adams was the guy who figured out Warriors should try to stop opposing players but I read that Ron Adams is semi- retired now and Kenny Atkinson is not good at doing Ron Adams job.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#220 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:47 am

I think Kerr can’t help himself. He’s a smol ball addict. Most of the threes looks like it was scored off the bench. It’s very difficult to score threes off of Denver’s starters. They are tall, fast, and disciplined.

Kerr’s dumb that way. He will go back to what wasn’t working before. The Warriors didn’t get back to playoffs by playing his way. The big change happened when they played JK, Wiggins, and Dray together. That was the turning point of the season. It’s completely opposite from his approach.

The next cherry on top was Klay moved to the bench doing what he does best and hiding what he doesn’t. Kerr is itching to run four guard lineups and bomb away threes. Kerr just won’t have the luxury of Denver playing their bench much during the postseason.

I’m not sure whether the fifth starter is Moody. Actually I’m doubtful he will be, but I think he’s their best chance at a Hail Mary.

Return to Golden State Warriors