Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,301

Re: Game 50, big game, hot Suns at hot Warriors 

Post#261 » by Impuniti » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:29 pm

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I don't think Kerr has a doghouse, he's just an idiot

His comments earlier on Moody betray his true opinions - he just genuinely doesn't think Moody is talented. He thinks his absolute ceiling is a role player like Looney.

So long as Klay isn't in a wheelchair he's going to get more minutes than Moody.

Steve Kerr isn’t an idiot, he’s a hugely successful NBA coach. Saying he’s an idiot makes you look like an idiot.

There's absolutely zero excuses on having this team be as poor as they are in the standings outside of some legendary **** coaching. Kerr can be one of the best coaches of the last decade and be an atrocious coach this season, it doesn't need to be either or.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,455

Post#262 » by svart » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:54 pm

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I don't think Kerr has a doghouse, he's just an idiot

His comments earlier on Moody betray his true opinions - he just genuinely doesn't think Moody is talented. He thinks his absolute ceiling is a role player like Looney.

So long as Klay isn't in a wheelchair he's going to get more minutes than Moody.

Steve Kerr isn’t an idiot, he’s a hugely successful NBA coach. Saying he’s an idiot makes you look like an idiot.

He isn't an idiot, but he surely acts as one lately.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,240

Post#263 » by EvanZ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:40 pm

I can only imagine they kept Moody because they think they can trade him for a pick on the day of the draft. There's literally no other explanation for the way they've "developed" him.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,708

Post#264 » by WarriorGM » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:49 pm

EvanZ wrote:I can only imagine they kept Moody because they think they can trade him for a pick on the day of the draft. There's literally no other explanation for the way they've "developed" him.

They're keeping Moody because somewhere in the dark recesses of their minds there is the subconscious thought that Moody can probably play in the playoffs if needed.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#265 » by EvanZ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:59 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I can only imagine they kept Moody because they think they can trade him for a pick on the day of the draft. There's literally no other explanation for the way they've "developed" him.

They're keeping Moody because somewhere in the dark recesses of their minds there is the subconscious thought that Moody can probably play in the playoffs if needed.

He is the basketball version of Theon Greyjoy aka Reek. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#266 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:16 pm

EvanZ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

Maybe he is being slow groomed to replace klay next year.

Moody signs a cheap extension and becomes a great value as the starter.

Klay walks and moody starts or signs a cheap extension to play a lesser role behind moody.

It's too bizarre for kerr to trust moody in the playoffs, but not regular season.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#267 » by EvanZ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:06 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

Klay walks and moody starts or signs a cheap extension to play a lesser role behind moody.

It's too bizarre for kerr to trust moody in the playoffs, but not regular season.

He is absolutely not being groomed for anything except a short career.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#268 » by watch1958 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:29 pm

I have never heard anything public, but I suspect Jama Mahalela left so quickly because he realized the whole “development” theme was a sham. Something to pacify Lacob.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#269 » by watch1958 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:40 am

EvanZ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

He is absolutely not being groomed for anything except a short career.
Maybe they should buy him out. Let him sign with a contender with a need.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors